Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

17 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

Surprised that it's already up on mykombini. They usually have very late postings.

This one's a web exclusive, so it'll probably up for quite a while. If it's too popular there's a decent chance they'll open a second issuing. Though I doubt it'll go there for Kakizaki.

7 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Man. Does Bandai ever screwed up Gundam markings ,like they do for Macross?

Have you looked at the metal builds compared to the model kits or the various on-screen versions?

They re-imagine everything, add more decals, etc... It's actually quite popular with the gundam kits, where the original screen-accurate versions can be quite bland and uninteresting when they're static.

I have many of the HG kits. But beyond that. Haven't dabbled more into Gundam. And , at this point, rarely buy anymore G kits . Strictly Macross. It sounds like what you're saying is intentional. I'm talking about screw up's here. 

If you're talking about the 001 vs 100 thing specifically, probably. They might have just re-printed the sticker/decal sheets after catching it (on models). I'm not aware of any gundam mis-prints, but then again I only know of 2 macross mis-prints (100 and the SWS shoulder).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

48 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you're talking about the 001 vs 100 thing specifically, probably. They might have just re-printed the sticker/decal sheets after catching it (on models). I'm not aware of any gundam mis-prints, but then again I only know of 2 macross mis-prints (100 and the SWS shoulder).

We're mostly talking about the Kakizaki now, because Bandai is sticking to their story that the 100/001 snafu was on purpose for "symmetry" reasons, and purposefully printing Kakizaki with 012 on one tail, and 210 on the other... which completely shoots their argument in the foot, because the number 2 is not symmetrical.

So they're giving us stickers to "fix" the fact that they refuse to admit a mistake.

I'm not going to say I support public vandalism, but I hope someone spraypaints "IADNAB" across the back wall of their corporate headquarters to see how they like it.

Edited by Chronocidal

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If the 100 on the upper starboard stabilizer was intentional for reasons of symmetry, then why does the lower starboard stabilizer have 001? Seems pretty damn assymmetrical* to me.

* Not a typo. With Bandai, it's ASSymmetrical.

If I remember correctly, it's purely because someone got a bug in their shorts about the tails in battroid looking "weird" because the numbers weren't the same.

You know.. never mind the entire rest of the valk.  THE TAILS IN BATTROID MUST LOOK THE SAME!!!11! :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal

1 minute ago, orindlt said:

It's very quiet - isn't the PO meant to be live now? (I suppose NY takes its time)

It sure is, only Okiniland, MyKombini, Nin-Nin and BiginJapan have it up so far.

11 minutes ago, dafob said:

Is Okiniland a reliable site?  I've never heard of them.  Can anyone with experience with their site chime in please?

Very reliable and highly recommend, used them before for DX Chogokin and other stuff. 

5 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

Very reliable and highly recommend, used them before for DX Chogokin and other stuff. 

Thanks for confirming.  Their price seems fair.  I'll give them a shot and see how it goes...

Edited by dafob

I think I'm going to give them a shot tonight, since I need to get to sleep :p   I'd rather use AE or NY, but I'm not all that excited for Kakizaki anyhow, so if nothing happens, I won't worry.

If I see the other sites pop up tomorrow, I might grab a second for tweaking with, but that's a tomorrow question.

Ordered via From Japan.

Note to anyone using From Japan: DO NOT USE PAYPAL PAYMENT.

I should have remembered this from the VF-0D order, but if you select Paypal payment on the From Japan page, it won't take you to the Paypal page where you can select your funding source. It will straight up charge you right then and there using Paypal's crappy conversion rate where Paypal pockets the difference.

For this order it was only a few dollars, but it annoys me to no end that I gave a few extra dollars to the f***ers at Paypal. :angry:

I had used my CC conversion rate for the 0D order, fortunately. 

Hi guys, yesterday I watched very carefully Macross dyrl and tv series to check the accuracy of tampo printing, canopy shape and position of the seat.
In the attached pics you can see what I mean...
Why did Bandai make these mistakes? Why? These are things they could easily do perfectly! So... Why???

SDF

1254241352_DXVF-1J29.jpg.142fc4734524f6b1a713a69b84f8ecca.jpg759850520_PDVD(32).jpg.d02470b178c3e2f6ef6e08e33d7609ed.jpg293263276_PDVD(134).jpg.8dd9afebca51836c9d8ecd6d31b2ec9b.jpgPDVD_001.jpg.dd872193cbe5f20becc2f4cbcbc4cf34.jpg

DYRL

Untitled-3.jpg.97d0a7353560fa4f796eab0eb803b900.jpgPDVD_023.jpg.de5d715718a0ab9a2a2fadf36b183370.jpgPDVD_025.jpg.436652fc11371a039e9bee798707fdac.jpg

Edited by valar

13 minutes ago, valar said:

Why did Bandai make these mistakes? Why? These are things they could easily do perfectly! So... Why???

When talking about conspiracy theories it's always best to view them through the lens of "Don't attribute to conspiracy what you can attribute to greed or stupidity".

When it comes to mass production it's always best to view them through the lens of "Don't attribute to laziness or lack of execution what you can attribute to cost".

I've found with most products that the engineers want to do a something perfect. But they have to dial that back a whole bunch of notches when the bean counters enter the room. Then a couple of more when the marketing guys show up.