Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

13 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

So cabin fever is starting to set in and I got to staring at my displays a little too long.  And I noticed the oddest defect on my Hikaru VF-1S copy.  The upper part of the left bicep is slightly raised.  At first I thought it was cracked or something, and maybe causing it to poke out a bit, but no, it's actually molded that way.  

My Hikaru 1J and Max 1A are completely flat on all the biceps.  Has anyone else noticed this issue on any of theirs?

IMG_20200324_175314[1].jpg

IMG_20200324_175352[1].jpg

That's the screw hole cover. Someone at the factory didn't push it in all the way before the super glue set.

36 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That's the screw hole cover. Someone at the factory didn't push it in all the way before the super glue set.

Ah that makes sense, thanks.  I suppose I could try to pry it out, maybe tighten the screw, then glue it again.

I'd probably cause more damage than it's worth, though.  It's not really a big deal, just an odd thing I noticed.  I guess I could turn the bicep around and basically never notice, as well.

10 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Is anyone else having trouble opening the Kakizaki page on the Bandai website? It was working for me earlier.

It's problematic because I assume you are outside of Japan? Try using a VPN from Tokyo to mask location and you should be able to access it easier.

8 minutes ago, Draykov said:

I've searched but cannot find...are there recommendations as to which proxy service a US resident might use to score Tamashii Nation exclusives (case in point)? 

Only proxy I've used is FromJapan. They seem to be the easiest, with lowest, most straightforward fees of the ones I checked. But I'll most likely be ordering from NY since it should be cheaper and definitely easier to deal with. 

Also at NIN NIN Game:

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/36510-dx-chogokin-macross-movie-version-vf-1a-valkyrie-hayao-kakizaki-use-limited-edition.html

Seems to be a Tamashi Web Exclusive, according to NIN-NIN Game.

Are there any other sites that would carry this?  Maybe Nippon Yasan?

5 minutes ago, Sturmvogel said:

Also at NIN NIN Game:

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/36510-dx-chogokin-macross-movie-version-vf-1a-valkyrie-hayao-kakizaki-use-limited-edition.html

Seems to be a Tamashi Web Exclusive, according to NIN-NIN Game.

Are there any other sites that would carry this?  Maybe Nippon Yasan?

A few more sites will pop later.  It hasn't been released by p-bandai yet so these two sites are early.  It'll officially drop at 4:00PM JST.  So, like 3:00 AM ET/12:00 AM PT over this evening into tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

A few more sites will pop later.  It hasn't been released by p-bandai yet so these two sites are early.  It'll officially drop at 4:00PM JST.  So, like 3:00 AM ET/12:00 AM PT over this evening into tomorrow.

Cool, thanks.  I ordered from Okiniland anyway.  Couldn't help myself.

Yeah good call. Kind of kicking myself there. Owed this year in taxes and have been playing catch up on some purchases. And missed the second batch of them.

I'll compare the places tomorrow and make a decision on who gets my moneys..

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

@Sanity is Optional Are you going to be using From Japan to order Kakizaki? If so can you share what the total price is (not including shipping of course)? Just want to compare it to the cost of just buying it through like AE or wherever. 

Put in a quote request, haven't heard back from them yet though.

30 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I would hope so, but given the nonsense with the strike packs, I'm not taking any chances.

I feel the strike packs were different because people were buying multiples in anticipation of gearing up all the valks they'll get.

4 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I feel the strike packs were different because people were buying multiples in anticipation of gearing up all the valks they'll get.

They were different, but panicked ordering may very well carry over to this one.

I'm not -expecting- it, since it -is- Kakizaki we're talking about, but I'm also not chancing it by ignoring the order opening.

Think I will wait it out for these to appear on YJA as usual. If I translate correctly, you can order up to 6 valks.
So I imagine people will do as they did with the others...they will order 3 or 4, sell 2 or 3 for $60-$80 over the orig price, and end up with a free valkyrie for themselves.
I've resigned to paying $240-$280 for these things until someday they are available worldwide (let me dream in 2021 ok?)
S

I love a good conspiracy story and I I think I'd like to believe that Bandai bit the big one and hosed up the 100 on the VF-1S tail fin. And to prevent every valk being returned as defective or having to issue a billion right tail fins for people to replace, they doubled down on the aesthetic angle and burned the Kakizaki too. Then offered up the decal set for the 'purists'.

Heck, protos that floated around in magazines, and their own promo literature had 001 on the tail fin (and I assume the one samples they send to Kawamori for his standard 'approval' all said 001 or he would have caught that too).

I do think it is a very easy mistake for someone to make with all these individual parts not knowing which part is up or down, heck promo shot even one  had 100 on the right ventral fin.
Someone loaded the tampo machine backwards for that single stamp and as from Goodfellas...

No, we had a problem... and uh, we tried to do everything we could.
What d'you mean?
Well, you know what I mean. Its done, and we couldn't do nothing about it.

:P

one.jpg

two.jpg

40 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Put in a quote request, haven't heard back from them yet though.

Just got payment request:

Item Cost (Charge 1) 19,800 yen
Total 19,800 yen
Point(s) Used 0 yen
Payment Total 19,800 yen
Payment AmountDescription 19,800.00 Yen

Place Order

Shipping and Fees (Charge 2) Pending
Plan fee 300 yen
Domestic Shipping 660 yen(est.)
Payment Fees 200 yen(est.)
International Shipping Calculated after packing

11 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I love a good conspiracy story and I I think I'd like to believe that Bandai bit the big one and hosed up the 100 on the VF-1S tail fin. And to prevent every valk being returned as defective or having to issue a billion right tail fins for people to replace, they doubled down on the aesthetic angle and burned the Kakizaki too. Then offered up the decal set for the 'purists'.

Heck, protos that floated around in magazines, and their own promo literature had 001 on the tail fin (and I assume the one samples they send to Kawamori for his standard 'approval' all said 001 or he would have caught that too).

I do think it is a very easy mistake for someone to make with all these individual parts not knowing which part is up or down, heck promo shot even one  had 100 on the right ventral fin.
Someone loaded the tampo machine backwards for that single stamp and as from Goodfellas...

What d'you mean?

Really, I throw this in the same category as the incorrect chest stripes.

How many years did they stick to the incorrect stripes on every release, before FINALLY releasing the new HMRs with the corrected design?  Because how dare you question Bandai's authority on what a VF-1's markings look like.

They're fully aware, and now they're doubling down on the error when it's completely inexcusable, because they simply cannot bear to admit they screwed it up.

Edited by Chronocidal

kakizaki also available on mykombini for 20990 yen: https://mykombini.com/en/august-2020/17940-dx-chogokin-macross-movie-edition-vf-1a-valkyrie-hayao-kakizaki-use-bandai-limited.html

Surprised that it's already up on mykombini. They usually have very late postings.

Edited by pafy6285

58 minutes ago, Shawn said:

What d'you mean?

one.jpg

two.jpg

47 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Really, I throw this in the same category as the incorrect chest stripes.

How many years did they stick to the incorrect stripes on every release, before FINALLY releasing the new HMRs with the corrected design?  Because how dare you question Bandai's authority on what a VF-1's markings look like.

They're fully aware, and now they're doubling down on the error when it's completely inexcusable, because they simply cannot bear to admit they screwed it up.

Yeah. 

Looks like standard Bandai shenanigans.

At this point, I really really doubt they will fix the modex-numbering oversight for this DX line.

As with their SOCs and HMs, I will not be that surprised if/when Bandai introduces their rather inevitable DX-R line afterwards...

:bump: