Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

27 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

they also insist that the 001 and 100 modex is intended as they added 011, 012 and 013 (with correspondong 110, 210, 310)

... PLEASE tell me you're joking.  They cannot possibly be that thickheaded to believe that printing a number backwards for aesthetic purposes is acceptable.  WTF? :blink:

AND IT WORKS EVEN LESS WITH NUMBERS THAT ARE ASYMMETRICAL.  WTF??

Can someone literally email them and ask them WTF is wrong with them?  That is unbelievable.  It's printed correctly everywhere else on that side of the aircraft, but someone's got a symmetry nit up their shorts so hard that they just cannot bear to have the number not be even on the tails in battroid mode?

Include the decal for people with that specific problem, sure, but there is absolutely no argument that it is WRONG.  IT IS THE WRONG NUMBER.

Edited by Chronocidal

7 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

hard pass for me. I might have been tempted to get a TV Kakizaki and at least it would have been pretty easy to secure through a proxy.

Let's hope next release is TV Hikaru 1S alongside TWE TV Super Packs.

Weird release order.

-VF-1J Higgy TV

-VF-1A Max TV

-VF-1S Higgy DYRL

-VF-1A Kakizaki DYRL

I would have at least thought that a DYRL Max would be next. Or a TV Kakizaki. Or god forbid a Roy.:D

19 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Weird release order.

-VF-1J Higgy TV

-VF-1A Max TV

-VF-1S Higgy DYRL

-VF-1A Kakizaki DYRL

I would have at least thought that a DYRL Max would be next. Or a TV Kakizaki. Or god forbid a Roy.:D

Would Bandai be nice enough to do a TV VF-1S Hikaru/Fokker special pack with 2 pilot figures, and swappable Hikaru and Fokker canopy.

nah.... too clever.

Nice, Bandai is still kicking. I love Kakizaki and Max's DYRL schemes so I am excited for this one. Would have made more sense if it was his TV scheme instead but glad to see another release.

The backward numbers thing is Bandai exclaiming 'We do what we want!'

47 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Would Bandai be nice enough to do a TV VF-1S Hikaru/Fokker special pack with 2 pilot figures, and swappable Hikaru and Fokker canopy.

nah.... too clever.

You're talking madness!!!!:D

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

... PLEASE tell me you're joking.  They cannot possibly be that thickheaded to believe that printing a number backwards for aesthetic purposes is acceptable.  WTF? :blink:

AND IT WORKS EVEN LESS WITH NUMBERS THAT ARE ASYMMETRICAL.  WTF??

Can someone literally email them and ask them WTF is wrong with them?  That is unbelievable.  It's printed correctly everywhere else on that side of the aircraft, but someone's got a symmetry nit up their shorts so hard that they just cannot bear to have the number not be even on the tails in battroid mode?

Include the decal for people with that specific problem, sure, but there is absolutely no argument that it is WRONG.  IT IS THE WRONG NUMBER.

The "symmetry" argument is completely bogus because, as you say, the numbers are correct everywhere else. A modex is there to quickly tell you the aircraft identification. You shouldn't have to figure out which side of the aircraft you're looking at and then figure out if you have to read the numbers left to right or right to left to get the ID. And they aren't doing something truly symmetrical or the numbers would be mirror images, not just ordered differently.

I also think asking collectors to put waterslide decals on their expensive toys to fix a manufacturing issue is unacceptable. And that's coming from someone who's been printing and using Macross decals for more than 17 years.

Edited by Anasazi37

So, uh, I was only joking around a few weeks back about future releases having the modex numbers printed backwards.

And then Bandai goes and actually does it. /facepalm

I'll get just one to satisfy my completionist urge, but it will most likely stay in its box indefinitely. /davidwhangchoi

Bandai just halfasses and cuts too many corners for me to be particularly enamored with their stuff anymore.

If I remember correctly, I usually have a much easier time getting the Bandai exclusives than the standard releases because of the reservation window. I mean, yeah you have to pay your $$$ now and then wait, but we aren't in this hobby for sound economic decisions are we?

11 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

More pictures, if anyone is interested

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1f0425555d4d684bd5ecf020fb7124e1.png

image.thumb.png.a6bddce4bc9a092370aca6ec29061095.png

It looks like the included decals allow you to fix the modex issue (and screw up the other side while you are at it).  At least you have the choice...?

It only works for a modex that has 0 and 1. Won't work for the rest. 

Edit: For fixing. So are we to assume that the Kaki release has the modex correct? Right now, that side can't be seen.

Edited by crackpot

Nice! I might end up ordering this a bit earlier than usual given how some TWE Macross items have gone lately. 

But I see they double, triple, quadrupled down on their numbering “mistake” so that pretty much solidified their statement and what they think about that. Lol, it doesn’t matter to me but I see some fans are steaming over it. 

Edited by Slave IV

Hey guys, new poster here, been reading like a creeper for years though. In regards to this Kakazaki, I’ve never ordered from Bandai directly before. Will they now ship directly to the US? Or do you need to use a proxy service?  I was finally able to secure my first DX VF-1S about a week ago. Would like not to take that long on this release. 

50 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I might end up ordering this a bit earlier than usual given how some TWE Macross items have gone lately. 

But I see they double, triple, quadrupled down on their numbering “mistake” so that pretty much solidified their statement and what they think about that. Lol, it doesn’t matter to me but I see some fans are steaming over it. 

I suppose you an I are real lucky we give zero forks about the numbering. I really don't care.:D

25 minutes ago, Eysmahn said:

Hey guys, new poster here, been reading like a creeper for years though. In regards to this Kakazaki, I’ve never ordered from Bandai directly before. Will they now ship directly to the US? Or do you need to use a proxy service?  I was finally able to secure my first DX VF-1S about a week ago. Would like not to take that long on this release. 

Unfortunately, there's no way to really purchase from them directly unless you're a resident of Japan.  You'll need to use a Proxy or one of the few sites that sell them like Nippon-Yasan

1 minute ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Unfortunately, there's no way to really purchase from them directly unless you're a resident of Japan.  You'll need to use a Proxy or one of the few sites that sell them like Nippon-Yasan

Ok, that is what I was anticipating. 

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I suppose you an I are real lucky we give zero forks about the numbering. I really don't care.:D

Haha, yeah! It’s not like I’m a flight tower or it’s something I even notice while playing with such an awesome toy. 99.99% of the time, I won’t even see it and the other .01, I don’t care. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, yeah! It’s not like I’m a flight tower or it’s something I even notice while playing with such an awesome toy. 99.99% of the time, I won’t even see it and the other .01, I don’t care. 

I would actually care less about this if Bandai weren't being "We're doing it the wrong way on purpose, and we recognize that you don't like that, so here's a sticker to comfort yourself while you piss off" about it.  The sticker is more insulting to me than the error.  If they know people are upset about it, they should correct it, not include a bandaid to fix it yourself. 

If anything, I'm going to just hope the tampo behaves like the YF-19's wing markings, so I can just erase both tail modexes and be done with it.  Most of my Yamatos don't have those markings, and if Bandai's going to print them wrong on purpose, my Bandai valks don't need them either. (And if I ever decide to put them back on, I don't have to size-match their font. :p)

Far as this being a weird choice for the next release though, I can see it being a good one to test the waters with.  They may be wagering that Kakizaki won't be popular enough to strain their ability to produce, as production lines recover.

Edited by Chronocidal

50 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Errr, why would one need to be in a flight tower or something to notice the wrong modex number?

I mean, aren't our valks and 1/72 jet models on a desk or a shelf to be displayed after whatever playing one does with them?

It will be rather quite bizarre not to notice an obviously wrong detail like that while trying to admire the sight of such a valk or jet on a shelf/desk display...

29 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I would actually care less about this if Bandai weren't being "We're doing it the wrong way on purpose, and we recognize that you don't like that, so here's a sticker to comfort yourself while you piss off" about it.  The sticker is more insulting to me than the error.  If they know people are upset about it, they should correct it, not include a bandaid to fix it yourself. 

If anything, I'm going to just hope the tampo behaves like the YF-19's wing markings, so I can just erase both tail modexes and be done with it.

Far as this being a weird choice for the next release though, I can see it being a good one to test the waters with.  They may be wagering that Kakizaki won't be popular enough to strain their ability to produce, as production lines recover.

I actually thought the decals were also setup the wrong way to nail in the point that they were doing it on purpose. But I guess I see that they might be set to fix one side to be the way you want. But they don't address the other fins on the legs...I don't even know because again, I don't really pay attention to those tiny numbers.

4 minutes ago, treatment said:

Errr, why would one need to be in a flight tower or something to notice the wrong modex number?

I mean, aren't our valks and 1/72 jet models on a desk or a shelf to be displayed after whatever playing one does with them?

It will be rather quite bizarre not to notice an obviously wrong detail like that while trying to admire the sight of such a valk or jet on a shelf/desk display...

Flight tower was just a joke in continuation to the discussion that a real flight tower would have to know which side they were looking at to determine what number they should interpret...

And exactly! These are on a shelf to display most the time. I have 20/20 vision and I'd have to be no more than a couple feet away from it to see the difference clearly and only if I am specifically focusing on those numbers. I don't know about the rest of you but I spend most my life more than a couple feet away from my display shelves. The times I am close enough, I'm playing with the toy or checking it out overall, not worrying about a tiny number that takes up about 1% or less of the total surface area I'm looking at. 

I feel for those of you that are infuriated by it but for me, it ain't no thang and I'm definitely glad because I have a lot of other things less trivial to me to worry about. 

46 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

^^^This^^^