Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, mista2x said:

Thanks for the link. It arrived today with the box in perfect condition and unopened. :)

IMG_20200318_132850.jpg

Now waiting for the second release of the DX Missile set and the DX SSP @mista2x? The release date most likely be pushed back due to the present situation.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Now waiting for the second release of the DX Missile set and the DX SSP @mista2x? The release date most likely be pushed back due to the present situation.

Yes, as a matter of fact I was just looking around for them. Thanks for the info on the delay. I had the original Takatoku VF-1S Strike Valkyrie when I was a kid and noticed this one looked a little bare. 

Edited by mista2x

39 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:
 Some good news for the moment: DX SSP are still scheduled for April release  while other releases are being delayed.

Looking at that it really reminds much of how much stuff Bandai as a company puts out.  Glad the SSP aren't delayed (yet).  Of course I have to deal with the NY delay, as well.

3 minutes ago, valar said:

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if the cockpit of Bandai DX VF-1 can be detached like in the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 (see attached pic)?
I searched but found no information about it...

img_8168.jpg

No, they cannot.  You can disassemble it if you are so inclined, but that's just taking the toy apart.  It's not an intended gimmick.

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Looking at that it really reminds much of how much stuff Bandai as a company puts out.  Glad the SSP aren't delayed (yet).  Of course I have to deal with the NY delay, as well.

Right?!  And, yeah, I have the same dilemma.  Hopefully, NY delivers ours "promptly" (in NY terms of course).  But, considering there won't be any Valks to outfit with SSP (I already have two sets for my VF-1S's), I suppose it doesn't matter when I get them.

I got impatient with them when they failed to place any orders on the first window, and grabbed two sets off Ebay to hold me over (at what I considered an acceptable markup).  I'm not in any rush for my NY order, but I'll be interested to see how long it takes for them to receive them. 

I'm also curious whether they'll pull their same "larger orders get lowest priority" schtick again, and how that will screw with things when I'm sure a large number of people probably ordered as many as four sets.

Edited by Chronocidal

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I got impatient with them when they failed to place any orders on the first window, and grabbed two sets off Ebay to hold me over (at what I considered an acceptable markup).  I'm not in any rush for my NY order, but I'll be interested to see how long it takes for them to receive them. 

I'm also curious whether they'll pull their same "larger orders get lowest priority" schtick again, and how that will screw with things when I'm sure a large number of people probably ordered as many as four sets.

*raises hand* :unsure:

I missed the initial opening at NY for SSP so I ended up ordering a few at FromJapan. Then NY opened up again so I waited a while before I broke down and ordered another from them too. Obviously, I'm in no rush to get any of them but I'll definitely get my From Japan order first since I don't think they even have a ferry option to ship.

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Obviously, I'm in no rush to get any of them but I'll definitely get my From Japan order first since I don't think they even have a ferry option to ship.

FromJapan can also ship by sea (at least to Canada).  Usually use that option when shipping Gunpla in bulk (I usually bid on built or unbuilt gunpla lots from YAJ)

1 hour ago, pafy6285 said:

FromJapan can also ship by sea (at least to Canada).  Usually use that option when shipping Gunpla in bulk (I usually bid on built or unbuilt gunpla lots from YAJ)

Oh, good to know, thanks! In the end, I’ll use whatever is cheapest and that’s usually the boat. 

Hi guys, I'm waiting for my first VF-1S dx to arrive and meanwhile I'm studying the images and I saw two things that I don't like very much and I wonder why they made them that way...

As you can see in the images that I have attached, the seat is too advanced compared to the cockpit.
In the Yamato VF-1 1/48 probably due to the closed front landing gear it was necessary to move the seat forward but in the Bandai DX as in the yamato 1/60 version I think there were no real construction problems and it seems a stylistic choice.
The other point in my opinion is a mistake. the prints on the fuselage are reversed.

Untitled-3.jpg.1a24f99a6c07ec4a6934588f236e32b5.jpgUntitled-2.jpg.acd5c1a08485c1bc94f168778f5381ac.jpg

At the end, in my opinion The Bandai DX VF-1 could be DEFINITIVE VF-1! I really like the proportions, the transformation, the articulation, the visors and laser cannon of the heads, the hands with the moving fingers... and much more

Regarding the cockpit, the short answer is that there are differences between the TV and DYRL cockpits.  Most toys don't really make the distinction, though, and end up either picking one style or the other, or doing some kind of hybrid.  The DX cockpit favors the DYRL canopy shape, but I wouldn't say it is exactly that.

I think if we were going to get accurate TV/DYRL style different cockpits and canopies, it would have happened in the yamcadia v2 1/60 line, since they were separate pieces that could theoretically be made differently and put together easily.  It didn't happen even then.

I believe some kits do make the distinction.

7 hours ago, valar said:

Another point I don't like in the shape of the canopy... very different from the line art...

48367687_1960189604073011_1798918434562506752_n.jpg.baa8289fb7c2b31c8cd7ac362640ec0f.jpg.28c9096cdb191a20d6b8c1aa690a2f20.jpgUntitled-1.jpg.a0bcc46a2746ee851a58010af94f7fb2.jpg

I am in total agreement with on this. There are just way too many inconsistencies with the DX. What makes it worse is when a comparison using the hybrid stylized lineart of the Macross File books or Hasegawa mode sheets is used. Those just make everyone forget how they should actually be shaped.

Here are some raw pictures of what the leading edge of the TV VF-1 canopies should be.

AF52EE5F-F11D-44DA-A86F-688B0C4F86C5.jpeg

5171A764-E9D6-4633-B7E2-2B778101D0EE.jpeg

319590CF-E128-47F4-AB9F-16453B1B5619.jpeg

E85E3B05-3778-44C3-A551-41DDADFE39EC.jpeg

On 3/21/2020 at 4:16 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

I am in total agreement with on this. There are just way too many inconsistencies with the DX. What makes it worse is when a comparison using the hybrid stylized lineart of the Macross File books or Hasegawa mode sheets is used. Those just make everyone forget how they should actually be shaped.

Here are some raw pictures of what the leading edge of the TV VF-1 canopies should be.

5171A764-E9D6-4633-B7E2-2B778101D0EE.jpeg

319590CF-E128-47F4-AB9F-16453B1B5619.jpeg

This is incredible, i would've never thought about this, unless i was illustrating the VF-1 (and i have illustrated it more than once).

Your attention to detail is mindblowingly sick. 

Edited by vlenhoff

tamashii exclusive. 

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000143487/?fbclid=IwAR2dl_HKyU94idJxfvMm_8dSAG8v64-DbBUInDW39w2GsWoibM_C-WPXafk

DX Chogokin Movie version VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki)

Selling price 19,800 yen (tax included)
Points earned 198P
Start accepting reservations March 25, 2020 16:00
End of reservation acceptance 23:00 on April 22, 2020
Delivery date Scheduled to be shipped in August 2020

53B2D87E-A21C-47A7-9A9B-FB998DA91AEA.jpeg

Edited by tturbozx66

wow. They are giving decals, is that right?

edit: bandai finally admit that they forgot to add the skull emblem near the canopy which will probably be consistent through out the line since they are giving away 4 set in the decal. haha

they also insist that the 001 and 100 modex is intended as they added 011, 012 and 013 (with correspondong 110, 210, 310)

Edited by chyll2

14 minutes ago, tturbozx66 said:

tamashii exclusive. 

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000143487/?fbclid=IwAR2dl_HKyU94idJxfvMm_8dSAG8v64-DbBUInDW39w2GsWoibM_C-WPXafk

DX Chogokin Movie version VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki)

Selling price 19,800 yen (tax included)
Points earned 198P
Start accepting reservations March 25, 2020 16:00
End of reservation acceptance 23:00 on April 22, 2020
Delivery date Scheduled to be shipped in August 2020

53B2D87E-A21C-47A7-9A9B-FB998DA91AEA.jpeg

I really like that pose.  It almost looks like it’s saying  “Yes! “