Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Man, I miss Yamato. It’s not often you see a company that consisted of a bunch of people doing this purely out of love for the designs. They dedicated so much into developing next generation techniques and providing fans with so many options instead of focusing on the business aspect that they put themselves out of business. To me, that’s what a great business and asset to the community should do. Put all you can into making the best product and let the community enjoy as much of it as possible and then get out when you have nothing more to offer. Going on purely for profit sake is how we end up with half ass products. 

57 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

I don't.  And the way prices have soared on new releases from molds from that company (or Arcadia), I still don't.

23 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You don't miss Yamato because you hate the way prices have soared on their non-existent releases (because they're out of business)?

And you don't miss Yamato because Arcadia (a completely different company) has high prices?

Impeccable reasoning.

I read that as separate thoughts. First, he doesn’t miss Yamato - period. No explanation to it; only that he doesn’t. Second, he doesn’t like how Arcadia has handled practically the same molds having been acquired from Yamato from a pricing standpoint. But there’s a bit of reading into this to draw those conclusions.

Nothing wrong with that reasoning IMO. But, hey, everyone has a right to an opinion even when we don’t agree. 

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Man, I miss Yamato. It’s not often you see a company that consisted of a bunch of people doing this purely out of love for the designs. They dedicated so much into developing next generation techniques and providing fans with so many options instead of focusing on the business aspect that they put themselves out of business. To me, that’s what a great business and asset to the community should do. Put all you can into making the best product and let the community enjoy as much of it as possible and then get out when you have nothing more to offer. Going on purely for profit sake is how we end up with half ass products. 

I happen to agree with this awesomeness. Wish that I had experienced this era.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

1 hour ago, valar said:

Thank you for this notice, I bought mine and shipped today.

The only question is about when it'll arrive because I'm italian and the situation with coronavirus is not so good... 

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Stay strong friend. 

If you do get the box from Manda after those delays, use safety pre-cautions before you open the box. There's chance that the virus will not have survived that long journey, however you don't want to take chances.

Even here in Canada, people are taking pre-cautions, but the hoarding of TP is insane. I know that the folks below the 49th parallel (United States) also had this experience as well. <_<

8 minutes ago, borgified said:

If you do get the box from Manda after those delays, use safety pre-cautions before you open the box. There's chance that the virus will not have survived that long journey, however you don't want to take chances.

No problem! I'll disinfect the box ;)
The situation in Italy is very difficult, I live near Verona, one of the most affected areas, we have to stay at home all the day, we can only go out to buy food because the risk of contagion is very high. My wife works in the hospital and these are very difficult moments for all the medical staff

15 minutes ago, valar said:

The situation in Italy is very difficult, I live near Verona, one of the most affected areas, we have to stay at home all the day, we can only go out to buy food because the risk of contagion is very high. My wife works in the hospital and these are very difficult moments for all the medical staff

Thank you for your wife and all medical staff as they risk themselves. Come here to hang out and take your mind off things. People are mostly cool here :D

It appears that the States are about 2-3 weeks behind on the same trajectory as Italy at the moment.

25 minutes ago, borgified said:

Even here in Canada, people are taking pre-cautions, but the hoarding of TP is insane. I know that the folks below the 49th parallel (United States) also had this experience as well. <_<

Yeah pretty much living in the end times apocalypse ha.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

10 minutes ago, valar said:

Sii forte, ragazzo!

Amo il paese, mi fa male vedere questo situazione.

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah pretty much living in the end times apocalypse ha.

I'm in Vegas Right now. There is a "the party before the end of the world" feel to it. It's a little weird.

I'm counting on copious amounts of alcohol to keep me virus free.:p

Saw a sign on one of the big "ballet clubs" that said. "Coronavirus free lap dances here!":rofl:

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

It appears that the States are about 2-3 weeks behind on the same trajectory as Italy at the moment.

Yes, now It's a global pandemic... and t's very strange how can change all your life in a few days, I hope other states react quickly

Anyway I don't want to sadden anyone, everything is still ok here and today I cleaned my VF-1 1/60 collection from dust :) 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

You don't miss Yamato because you hate the way prices have soared on their non-existent releases (because they're out of business)?

And you don't miss Yamato because Arcadia (a completely different company) has high prices?

Impeccable reasoning.

No, I didn't like the quality of the product anywhere near as much as the superior quality you get from Bandai.  Not to mention that these Bandai figures are super easy to transform.

Just now, jenius said:

There's virtually no chance a virus could survive shipping, it's only an infected delivery person you'd have to worry about... Don't fall for the panic.

Someone say it is safe, others say no, in doubt I prefer to clean the box!  No panic, only prevention ;) 

25 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

No, I didn't like the quality of the product anywhere near as much as the superior quality you get from Bandai.  Not to mention that these Bandai figures are super easy to transform.

I like both but will point out that Yamato never had issues with lining up wings and arms. That’s a sign of precision manufacturing on their part and sloppiness on Bandai’s part for still not being able to get it right. 

34 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

For the time and place. Yamato could not be rivaled. They made us fans immensely happy.  And Arcadia , with the exception of their initial VF-4 release , are all new molds. Not recycled. The Bandai 1/48 is the new hotness. So lets see how well it handles or turns yellow in 10 years or so.

Don't get me wrong. I love the new 1/48. But it's obvious Bandai is driven by a different agenda than Yamato was. And it's not to bring you all those cool VF-1 variants. No judgement. It just is what it is.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

There's virtually no chance a virus could survive shipping, it's only an infected delivery person you'd have to worry about... Don't fall for the panic.

A study [1] that is awaiting peer review found the COVID-19 virus is stable; 

• in the air for up to 3 hours
  • on copper for up to 4 hours
  • on cardboard for up to 24 hours
  • on plastic and stainless steel for up to 2 - 3 days

So, conceivably, depending on what is being shipped and how quickly said shipment arrives, I would not say it is impossible for COVID-19 to survive shipping.

Other coronaviruses, such as SARS and MERS, can survive on metal, glass, or plastic for up to 9 days. The flu virus, for comparison, can last on surfaces for about 48 hours [2].

As @jenius said, don't panic.  But, please do exercise caution whenever possible. 

Personally, I would handle an unopened package arrival with disposable gloves, and let the package sit for a couple of days before opening.... but that's just me.

-Shizuka the Cat... who is afraid her ability to graduate may be delayed due to this current pandemic.  (sigh)

Citations:

[1] https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.09.20033217v1.full.pdf

[2] https://www.livescience.com/how-long-coronavirus-last-surfaces.html

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

45 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

A study [1] that is awaiting peer review found the COVID-19 virus is stable; 

• in the air for up to 3 hours
  • on copper for up to 4 hours
  • on cardboard for up to 24 hours
  • on plastic and stainless steel for up to 2 - 3 days

So, conceivably, depending on what is being shipped and how quickly said shipment arrives, I would not say it is impossible for COVID-19 to survive shipping.

Other coronaviruses, such as SARS and MERS, can survive on metal, glass, or plastic for up to 9 days. The flu virus, for comparison, can last on surfaces for about 48 hours [2].

I know, my wife works in the hospital, but now we clean and sterilize home and everything we bring home :) 

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

Remember air mail packages don't travel in luxury... The conditions they travel in are not virus friendly... It is virtually impossible to get it from a package... If the handlers are well.

It's true, but too many hands touch the boxes, not only on the plane also ground staff and couriers also in Italy and here the infection still grows too quickly. I live in a country that still has few cases but neighboring countries has several cases and deaths. Yesterday in Bergamo died as many people usually die in 3 years.

Does anyone remember the old addage that goes like this? 

"An ounce of prevention is better than nothing at all". 

So that means you rather be safe than sorry, nes pas? Especially the condition that where all at presently. ;)

Is it bad that I ALMOST want to post in the MWF Wanted section.... "Will trade my valkyries for toilet paper"?

Went to the Walmart by my mom's place.... no toilet paper, no paper towels, no hand sanitizer, no rice, no canned food.

Did stock up on LOTS of butter pecan ice cream though.

31 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Went to the Walmart by my mom's place.... no toilet paper, no paper towels, no hand sanitizer, no rice, no canned food.

Even here in Canada: Wal-Mart, Costco, Superstore (Loblaws), etc.. are wiped out of the basic necessities as well. 

Just out of curiosity, how can the virus survive on being attached to clothing before it completely dies off? 

Edit: My aunt was a former nurse and anything relating to the virus freaks her out, and goes into panic mode right away. 

Edited by borgified

23 minutes ago, borgified said:

Just out of curiosity, how can the virus survive on being attached to clothing before it completely dies off? 

I have no idea, they only speak about other surfaces. We often do laundry and wash our hands very often...

54 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

We had the same problem few days ago, some people assaulted supermarkets like in a zombie apocalypse movie! So... the infections increased! 

42 minutes ago, borgified said:

The virus can survive in the minuscule liquid droplets that are released during a cough or sneeze. The virus grow inside the lungs, in the moist liquid environments, until they are unceremoniously discharged through a bodily motion. These droplets can spend time in the air, 5 to 15 minutes in a room without airflow, and they can attach to clothing or walls where they survive for hours until the droplet dries out.

Thus the guidance is not to touch your face when you go out as much as possible, and wash your hand frequently. Wearing a mask may also help.

In regards to shipping though, once the droplets dry out on the package during transit, the virus dies in moments. However, if the courier person coughs on it, there is still a risk...

Edited by gabuyan

I live near 4 costco and the pass 2 days is fill with people panic buying left and right,,  was kinda sad I could not get my Spam sale price.  ( I regularly make dishes with them so I buy it whenever it's on sale, but it's sold out this time,:unsure:  )

currently it's due to all these Panic buying that is why you will see the shelf empty.   Even if there is unlimited supply , they will still need time to transport and restock.   Hopefully you will slowly see more restock items back on the shelf after this main batch of panic buyers. 

If you are in California, you should not have to worry about bottle water.   Many of the bottled water companies are in California.  And you can alway just boil your water too. B))

As for toilet paper, I read that the U.S., imports very little toilet paper – less than 10% in 2017. And most of that comes from Canada and Mexico if imported.

The U.S. has been mass producing toilet paper since the late 1800s. And while other industries like shoe manufacturing have fled the country, toilet paper manufacturing has not. Today there are almost 150 U.S. companies making this product.

USA is one of those country s that was never short on paper items. 

But if needed, you can always upgrade your toilet to something like below.

1596591025_nopaperneeded.jpg.17ed1d1f67288a47579f9412d74a220a.jpg

Edited by F360

I ordered a couple of things from china a month back.

When it arrived, i left the packages out in the sun for a bit, and then did the same once opened.... 

As for valks if worried... i guess you could sun ur valks, in their boxes of course!

:rolleyes::unknw:

Just to ease my phobia..sigh...

Went to the store earlier and freaking supermarkets are now closing at 8pm because of this coronavirus panic.

Goddamn idiotic. As if the virus cares what time of day it is. Not to mention the idiots cleaned out the stores of TP and frozen pizzas, of all things.

Hoping this blows over soon so we can get the next DX (and I can get my turkey meatballs).

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Went to the store earlier and freaking supermarkets are now closing at 8pm because of this coronavirus panic.

Goddamn idiotic. As if the virus cares what time of day it is. Not to mention the idiots cleaned out the stores of TP and frozen pizzas, of all things.

Hoping this blows over soon so we can get the next DX (and I can get my turkey meatballs).

Cleared out frozen pizza and TP?!?!

That sounds like it’s going to be one hell of a party. What a bunch of idiots.

42 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Both gone as of 11:50 pm PST! :blink:

Edit: It's going to be a long wait before we get Hayao's 1a (TWE) or Roy's 1s pre-orders to drop.

Edited by borgified