Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Good to see the price isn't spiking as bad as the 1J did. Hopefully this means less scalping on the next one to be released.

When were the 1J's released/shipped? That was before my time? I know what 1J's were going for when I got back into this. I'm curious how long it took for 1J's to get to their current value and compare that to where the 1S's are now.

Edited by sqidd

25 minutes ago, beatsing said:

I think it was January 2019 or December 2018.  

TY

My quick and dirty analysis:

-9 months after the 1J was released the going shipped rate on box open/new was $350

-2 months after the 1S was released the going shipped rate on box open/new is $300ish

My non scientific conclusion is that we won't know for 6-7mo if the 1S ends up at the same street value as the 1J.

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

TY

My quick and dirty analysis:

-9 months after the 1J was released the going shipped rate on box open/new was $350

-2 months after the 1S was released the going shipped rate on box open/new is $300ish

My non scientific conclusion is that we won't know for 6-7mo if the 1S ends up at the same street value as the 1J.

Before the 1S came out, the 1J was going for $450+shipping.

Seems like the prices have dropped on the 1J as well.

24 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That all depends on where you're looking.  :pardon:  They are still going for that price in some places.  I've seen it drop on AmiAmi for example.  Manda is always a good bet too.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That makes sense. They will dilute each others market. It will be interesting to see where they plane out in 6-7mo. My guess is both will be going for $375-400.

That is based on absolutely no insight or knowledge.:D

Edited by sqidd

Unlikely, I think that the 1S had a much higher production volume than the 1J, and that the 1S and 1A have both diluted the market for the 1J.

It'll take them quite a while at this point to creep back up, probably years.

Also just due to production volumes, and the special flight stand, the 1J will forever be a higher price than the 1S.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Unlikely, I think that the 1S had a much higher production volume than the 1J, and that the 1S and 1A have both diluted the market for the 1J.

It'll take them quite a while at this point to creep back up, probably years.

Also just due to production volumes, and the special flight stand, the 1J will forever be a higher price than the 1S.

8 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

I agree, the VF-1J has dropped a lot in price due to the VF-1S and VF-1A. Some have actually sold on Buyee for 300 lately.

You guys have far more experience than I do. I will defer to you.:good:

I just realized that I probably think about what they cost differently. To me shipping is part of the cost so in my head when I ask myself........self. What does that cost? It's the landed on your porch cost. Which is the real cost.

Edited by sqidd

Part of me wonders how many people will just trade up to whatever newest version comes out over time, putting their Hikaru VF-1Js up for sale to pay for a new VF-1S, and maybe repeating the procedure down the road until they get the variant they want to keep, and then sell off all of their "test drives" for a profit.  

Assuming the cost of the VF-1J remains higher, you could theoretically have purchased a bunch of those at launch, and then gradually sold them off to pay for all the later releases.

Hikaru's 1J will peak again later though, once they release the GBP armor for it.  Anticipation of that eventual release may be keeping the demand a bit higher overall.

16 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Part of me wonders how many people will just trade up to whatever newest version comes out over time, putting their Hikaru VF-1Js up for sale to pay for a new VF-1S, and maybe repeating the procedure down the road until they get the variant they want to keep, and then sell off all of their "test drives" for a profit.  

Assuming the cost of the VF-1J remains higher, you could theoretically have purchased a bunch of those at launch, and then gradually sold them off to pay for all the later releases.

Hikaru's 1J will peak again later though, once they release the GBP armor for it.  Anticipation of that eventual release may be keeping the demand a bit higher overall.

You are definitely right! Once that GBP armor is announced, a lot of people will want to have 2 VF-1Js (one for normal and one for GBP mode). For me the VF-1S always had the Armor on, so that is my setup for sure and the VF-1A with the Missile Set.

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

I just realized I need another 1J for GBP. But if I get DX GBP then what am I going to do with my Arcadia GBP (which is damn near perfect). And my Hikaru shelf is pretty full. Dammit, this toy thing is hard!:rofl:

send your arcadia GBP to be custom painted! :lol:

11 hours ago, nathans82 said:

You are definitely right! Once that GBP armor is announced, a lot of people will want to have 2 VF-1Js (one for normal and one for GBP mode). For me the VF-1S always had the Armor on, so that is my setup for sure and the VF-1A with the Missile Set.

Yeah i got an extra 1J ready for GBP!

But at the back of my mind, am wondering if i will get bandaied, by a new DX grey google 1J release....:nea:

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yeah i got an extra 1J ready for GBP!

But at the back of my mind, am wondering if i will get bandaied, by a new DX grey google 1J release....:nea:

Same thing with the SSP. Got an extra one just in case for Hikaru 1A but since his 011 wasn’t included, I’m guessing it might be a bundled release.

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Oooooooooo. Good thinking.

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Same thing with the SSP. Got an extra one just in case for Hikaru 1A but since his 011 wasn’t included, I’m guessing it might be a bundled release.

P-bandai grey goggle DX 1J bundled with GBP set. And its a japan only lottery....

Bandai'ed! :vava::rolleyes:

I think there is a big chance that Bandai will sell the GBP bundled with a grey goggle 1J :wacko:

Yamato did that back in the day. That's how I ended up with two 1J's. Can't exactly remember when, but we had to wait months, if not more than a year before Yamato decided to sell the armor as an add on.

I'll be extremely pissed if Bandai only sells the GBP bundled. I don't need/wan't to pay for an extra 1J.

You wouldn't be the only one pissed...... :huh: Bring out the Macross Mob!
However looking at bandai's habit of releasing armor parts, i doubt the GBP would be out of reach.

Still, it itches to think abt the GBP on a DX! And it itches even more to wonder if there would be a grey goggle somehow...

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Im betting my collection (the integrity of it) that another 1J will come one way or another. It’s why I only have one right now. Even if for some reason it doesn’t come I can put GBP on any other Valk I have too. I kinda like the look on 1As better anyways. 

I'm betting that too. 

Oh, and one of my 1/60 GBP v2 sets is dressing a 1A TV cannon fodder.