Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai will release all the movie skull squadron except for Hikaru's 1A. They'll think "We already released Hikaru's unit" because no one working on the 1/48 toys has actually seen the movie. Or an actual aircraft.

Hence why no red 011 circle in the SSP set. :p

Maybe they'll put in Sylvie as the pilot-figure for it coz Bandai...

:P

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai will release all the movie skull squadron except for Hikaru's 1A. They'll think "We already released Hikaru's unit" because no one working on the 1/48 toys has actually seen the movie. Or an actual aircraft.

Hence why no red 011 circle in the SSP set. :p

that will be special and the most sought after valk.

12 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Can someone enlighten me what O ring you guys are talking about? 

I think he's talking about this:

2052354001_brokenpiece.thumb.jpg.25bbcf9cfa61bc64a2d540f6e5164a72.jpg

It doesn't appear to serve any purpose other than to line up the swing bar properly in fighter mode... which is a non-problem since the swing bar can only lock in one position anyway. So it's just another Bandai non-solution that serves as just another thing that can break, as seen above.

Two DX VF-1 for grabs right now (as Hikaru 1s has been snagged for 26k yen) on Amiami.

Hikaru's 1J with stand), tem A, Box B - 37k yen:  https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-041234-R

Max 1a, Item B/Box B (note that additional postage maybe for weight and size) - 23.5k yen: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-047859-R

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I think he's talking about this:

2052354001_brokenpiece.thumb.jpg.25bbcf9cfa61bc64a2d540f6e5164a72.jpg

It doesn't appear to serve any purpose other than to line up the swing bar properly in fighter mode... which is a non-problem since the swing bar can only lock in one position anyway. So it's just another Bandai non-solution that serves as just another thing that can break, as seen above.

Ahhh, for a moment I thought I was going crazy as I kept searching my vf for an O ring, which to me was a rubber black o rings we use for plumbing or seals. Thanks for the explanation

On 1/20/2020 at 1:47 PM, sqidd said:

Hikaru has gotten enough love. It's Roy's turn.;)

I will only come out of toy-buying-retirement for the Major Focker DX; nothing more, nothing less...

Any word on a reissue VF-1J Hikaru without the stand and the almost $500 price tag for aftermarket?  Also, since they have the mold, I would expect that a Max/Milia set are going to be coming about, which interests me, since they are all of a single color (for the most part) and white.  I know the Max VF-1A comes close, but interested to see how it would fly with the M&M versions.  Also, these seem to be packaged with the Fast Pack sets......makes one wonder.

Twich

41 minutes ago, twich said:

Any word on a reissue VF-1J Hikaru without the stand and the almost $500 price tag for aftermarket?  Also, since they have the mold, I would expect that a Max/Milia set are going to be coming about, which interests me, since they are all of a single color (for the most part) and white.  I know the Max VF-1A comes close, but interested to see how it would fly with the M&M versions.  Also, these seem to be packaged with the Fast Pack sets......makes one wonder.

Twich

I would absolutely be in for TV M&M's with FP's.

5 hours ago, twich said:

Any word on a reissue VF-1J Hikaru without the stand and the almost $500 price tag for aftermarket? 

Four post above you. It's pre-owned but atleast it's below $500. And still comes with the exclusive stand. Just in case.

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Hikaru's 1J with stand), tem A, Box B - 37k yen:  https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-041234-R

I honestly don't know how Bandai would package M&M VF-1Js.

On the one hand, they did make the HMRs as bundles... but that's also the only way they've released any HMR fastpacks.

I would say that it would make sense to bundle them with the DX VF-1s, since they are individualized colors... except then I just look at how we had individualized packs for every single VF-25 and VF-31.  

Really.. I don't think they'll bundle them, just because it would bump up the price so much.  I'll be happy to be proven wrong, I'm just not going to let myself start expecting Bandai to make sense.

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

For TV M&M the valkyries themselves will be regular releases that you'll have to endure the PO madness for. Then the super parts will be TWE with DYRL-style arm launchers.

That seems the most likely scenario to me as well and folks who don't care about the super parts can be happy. Maybe Milia's parts will come with the baby carrier.

Edited by jenius

I could see them mirroring the HMR releases actually, and releasing just Milia's as a TWE bundle (or valk and packs separately), but if we get a copy of the HMR paint schemes, I might pass.

They have already displayed the TV-style arm packs though, so they're at least aware of the difference.

Urgh.. picked up a pair of strike packs I ordered after my original NY order, because I wanted more.. and of course they had them in-hand already, and arrived in 3 days.

I'm utterly convinced that Bandai is absolutely terrified of introducing any sort of solid latching or locking mechanism in the VF-1.  Everything just kind of.. floats.  It holds together.. but nothing is solid in the slightest, and those press-fit pegs generally do nothing.

I would have thought Bandai was smart enough to realize that the smooth tabs that hold everything so well on the HMRs wouldn't be enough to hold up something with roughly 8x the mass and volume.  Guess not.

Not going to say they don't look good (though, yes, the gun is honking massive), but yeah, in all the ways the Yamato design feels playable, this one feels like it is meant for display.

Edited by Chronocidal

13 hours ago, Guyffon said:

I have to agree, fighter mode with strike pack is a bit of a mess to play with

Honestly this is hard to believe. I haven't bought any of the Bandai 1/48's , happy with my Yamato's. So I don't know first hand, but the DX looks really nice and Bandai knows how to engineer toys..