Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

12 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

A few pictures of mine for fun. Has anyone else noticed the canopy being a bit open? Seems like the pilot is a bit too large - I see that his helmet is smooshed against the inside of the canopy. I noticed the wonky leg fin in gerwalk mode when I was processing the picture.

I just checked two of mine. Canopies are shut all the way. But yes, the pilot is pretty much right up against them. I'd call it "perfect". The 1J's have a pilot that is too small.

Thanks for the tips. The console on mine is loose so I'll check the seating the next time I get it out of battroid mode. I'll also try squishing the pilot a bit more since I do see the red color on the very top of his helmet smooshed against the canopy. I really only notice the fit in pictures and when I close the canopy since it lacks that satisfying thunk of the 1J going closed.

I do definitely prefer the size of the DYRL pilot over the tiny TV pilot.

8 hours ago, Halfstep said:

I would like to ask those that received the SSP parts, does the gun pod sit on the ground in fighter mode with landing gear out?  It looks to me from pics that it has zero clearance. 

The gun pod does not sit on the ground, there still clearance 

On 12/28/2019 at 9:36 AM, crackpot said:

A tourist trap I'd like to visit in the future. :)

How is it a defense against scalpers when they're jacking the prices themselves? Lol!

Holy Sh@%$ nearly 15K for strike packs - take 10% off tax free if they offer tax free :)

ahh good times, I remember I bought my Golion Chogokin 2 days before the release date for 36K yen and the retail was 32K yen I was hesitant at first but pulled the trigger, mission accomplished on finding one as 3 days we leave Japan and that thing cost 45K yen upwards now + shipping.

Waiting for the Strike packs to come - AE has shipped them :)

18 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Holy Sh@%$ nearly 15K for strike packs - take 10% off tax free if they offer tax free :)

ahh good times, I remember I bought my Golion Chogokin 2 days before the release date for 36K yen and the retail was 32K yen I was hesitant at first but pulled the trigger, mission accomplished on finding one as 3 days we leave Japan and that thing cost 45K yen upwards now + shipping.

Waiting for the Strike packs to come - AE has shipped them :)

Somebody at Amazon JP sold the SSP about a week ago. It was 12,727¥ for one but DHL shipping was just 627¥. A little above what you probably paid at AE with shipping. 

3 hours ago, crackpot said:

Somebody at Amazon JP sold the SSP about a week ago. It was 12,727¥ for one but DHL shipping was just 627¥. A little above what you probably paid at AE with shipping. 

Yup. I picked that one up while I wait for NY. Will have it tomorrow. (Would’ve had it sooner but was traveling.)

3 hours ago, crackpot said:

¥11470 from AE using Registered Small Packet, "shipped" to the US. I put shipped in quotes because it's been four days since they sent me the shipping notification and I haven't been able to track the package yet. They generated the shipping label and sent me the tracking number, but who knows if it's actually been dropped off at the post office. I've never had shipping issues with them, so it will get here...eventually.

13 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Anyone know if the strike cannon could swivel left and right in the anime?

No, but it needs to to pull off some of the anime poses. Though that's more to do with how flexible the battroid itself is drawn, and artistic license.

Big in Japan shipped my SSP on 12-18 but since I chose SAL it still just says “Origin Post is Preparing Shipment”. Probably already in the US but since this is the busiest time of the year for them, things are moving slower than normal.  Heck, an EMS shipment of mine took 10 days when I normally receive them in 3 to 5. 

On 12/29/2019 at 12:49 PM, Matt Random said:

A few pictures of mine for fun. Has anyone else noticed the canopy being a bit open? Seems like the pilot is a bit too large - I see that his helmet is smooshed against the inside of the canopy. I noticed the wonky leg fin in gerwalk mode when I was processing the picture.

1164032158_VF1s(12).thumb.jpeg.f2c757d6ca45380eb2ddf5a7fccbbcea.jpeg

The lower stabilizers are another area where Bandai took a step backwards from Yamato. Aside from the clearly visible unpainted joint, it moves out of place if you so much as breathe on it.

The 1S pilot is still a little bit on the small side, but it's close enough that it looks fine. The TV pilots on the other hand...

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The lower stabilizers are another area where Bandai took a step backwards from Yamato. Aside from the clearly visible unpainted joint, it moves out of place if you so much as breathe on it.

I'm guessing they did them this way to allow for more attractive GBP?

IMO, the fins and nosecone are quite a sacrifice for an accessory that won't be installed on most copies. I would have preferred securely pegged removable parts such that you don't notice the feature unless you are consulting the the GBP accessory manual.

Thankfully the nosecone on my S is much tighter than my J. Fins are still just as floppy and I agree that the joint is ugly on the S.

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Mailman just delivered my SSPs. Just in time for the new year! Yay!

Looking forward to playing around with them... after the new year.

But dammit AE, don't advertise the contents like this! Just "plastic toy" is sufficient. :lol:

Agreed, that customs declaration is a little too detailed. I've never seen one so specific. Does AE tend to do that?

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

But dammit AE, don't advertise the contents like this! Just "plastic toy" is sufficient. :lol:

1278328631_sspcontents.jpg.e762d094f90ed80e01cc0ba23ad7b334.jpg

LOL! At least they don't put doll in the description box like CDJapan does.

17 hours ago, Lolicon said:

1278328631_sspcontents.jpg.e762d094f90ed80e01cc0ba23ad7b334.jpg

Collectors Toy - Bandai DX Strike & Super Parts Set - A Little Too Much Tampo - Hollow On The Inside - May Not Be As Good As 20yr Old Yamato

If you're going to go full description, why mess around?:p

27 minutes ago, efisher said:

A buddy/employee says "Looks like you got some new dolls" every time he walks in my office. That dirty rat!:rofl:

Edited by sqidd

6 hours ago, efisher said:

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Collectors Toy - Bandai DX Strike & Super Parts Set - A Little Too Much Tampo - Hollow On The Inside - May Not Be As Good As 20yr Old Yamato

If you're going to go full description, why mess around?:p

A buddy/employee says "Looks like you got some new dolls" every time he walks in my office. That dirty rat!:rofl:

Happy New Year!

I will argue that Valkyries are very "Doll" like.  A lot of you baby them, play dress up with armor/missiles/SSP, and depending on which ones you have, you can play Mommy/Daddy or romance dating with them.  You can even get a hanger to play house!  :db: