Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Awww, all the likes I’ve gotten for the last few posts. 

Muahahahaha, my reverse psychology worked. :D

jk, but all good. 

Haha @jeniusornome almost everyday is like that for me. I order stuff and never worry about it again. I just sit back and collect toys at home, enjoying them whenever they come. Haven’t been able to enjoy a DX 1S yet but my day will come. 

Even though getting delayed sucks, I just wanted to thank everyone who has chimed in on this thread/boards.  During the Holidays, I don't get on these boards as much as I would like to, but it calmed me down when I got the NY email and went WTF?!?!  Then I see I'm not alone, misery is company I guess (had a horrible Christmas, my parents totally forgot me - not expecting much, more token than anything - as the extended family was exchanging presents around me, the only thing I got was the huge dinner restaurant bill!) 

Thanks to everyone for being here, and happy holidays.

23 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Even though getting delayed sucks, I just wanted to thank everyone who has chimed in on this thread/boards.  During the Holidays, I don't get on these boards as much as I would like to, but it calmed me down when I got the NY email and went WTF?!?!  Then I see I'm not alone, misery is company I guess (had a horrible Christmas, my parents totally forgot me - not expecting much, more token than anything - as the extended family was exchanging presents around me, the only thing I got was the huge dinner restaurant bill!) 

Giving is the true spirit of Christmas! Good job. 

Now go buy yourself another Valk. :D

19 hours ago, gabuyan said:

Hi guys, making a report from Akihabara. Strike Packs are sold out everywhere. Visited 15 different stores over 2 days and basically I only saw one set and it was going at almost 2x the retail price... which is now gone.

VF-1 prices are crazy too, with VF-S going for 28 to 35k yen, and VF-1J starting from 30k. 

I can only say that Akibahara is now more of a tourist trap when it comes to certain products. Maybe this is their defense against scalpers.

20191225_112206.jpg

Yes, Akihabara is a tourist trap, I was there in 2015!! be carefull with your wallet!! and I forgot to mention, that is a second hand item. Is very clear writen in Japanese (foreigners wont know) is below the price. look for this 中古品 (second hands goods!!)

Edited by valkfighter

19 hours ago, gabuyan said:

Hi guys, making a report from Akihabara. Strike Packs are sold out everywhere. Visited 15 different stores over 2 days and basically I only saw one set and it was going at almost 2x the retail price... which is now gone.

VF-1 prices are crazy too, with VF-S going for 28 to 35k yen, and VF-1J starting from 30k. 

I can only say that Akibahara is now more of a tourist trap when it comes to certain products. Maybe this is their defense against scalpers.

20191225_112206.jpg

A tourist trap I'd like to visit in the future. :)

How is it a defense against scalpers when they're jacking the prices themselves? Lol!

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Giving is the true spirit of Christmas! Good job. 

Now go buy yourself another Valk. :D

Thanks!  I bought the Fewture Garland to make myself feel better :P  This was the piece I just couldn't justify the price to myself, and now after how Christmas went, I figured, what the hell!

$600cdn later and $75cdn in customs & duties fees, I hope its worth it.

5 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

You guys ever have a situation where you order something, it takes so long you kind of lose interest in it, forget about it, and then it shows up at your door one day like a surprise?

think of these SSP delays like that - you’re buying your future self a surprise April Fool’s present. :)

Lose interest in it - yes. Forget about it - never!

Got myself a TF MP Hound to fill the SSP shaped hole in my heart.

Edited by Matt Random

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

The reality is that no one can pick out a better gift than you can pick out for yourself.

The rest of you that are still waiting for your shipments:  Look on the bright side.  At least your boxes are less likely to be crushed in shipping from the holiday shipping rush.  You would be a lot more upset if your shipping box was crushed, the contents damaged and the seller was unable to replace the item.  :(

2 hours ago, valkfighter said:

Yes, Akihabara is a tourist trap, I was there in 2015!! be carefull with your wallet!! and I forgot to mention, that is a second hand item. Is very clear writen in Japanese (foreigners wont know) is below the price. look for this 中古品 (second hands goods!!)

未開封 (unopened) is circled underneath so it's the same as brand new. 

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Thanks!  I bought the Fewture Garland to make myself feel better :P  This was the piece I just couldn't justify the price to myself, and now after how Christmas went, I figured, what the hell!

Glad to hear you got something good for yourself. Like @DewPoint said no one can pick out a better gift for you than you.

I forget the term used, but if you spend 50 dollars on a gift for someone, and it's not something they want or have any use for, then you're out 50 bucks, the receiver has gained nothing, and so that 50 bucks was a total waste. You might as well have just set it on fire. This "waste" accounts adds up to billions each year. 

The best gift (materially) is cash. :p

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

未開封 (unopened) is circled underneath so it's the same as brand new. 

Wow, eagle´s eyes. I did not see that!!! so small Kanji, so true still unopened. just checked first kanji used in 未だ mada=still, second kanji 開ける akeru= to open, third kanji 封 fuu=seal. am I right? I am a student of Japanese.

what I do not understand is why they write second hand and then in small unopened.

29 minutes ago, valkfighter said:

Wow, eagle´s eyes. I did not see that!!! so small Kanji, so true still unopened. just checked first kanji used in 未だ mada=still, second kanji 開ける akeru= to open, third kanji 封 fuu=seal. am I right? I am a student of Japanese.

what I do not understand is why they write second hand and then in small unopened.

Yeah. It was probably a buyback so technically it's a second hand item, but the previous owner never opened it, so it's unused. Much of Mandarake's inventory is like that. 

Most of Yamato's releases did not have a tape seal, so you rarely ever see 未開封 on their stuff even if the item has never been used. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

They were 'nice' enough to ship you the things you paid for huh? They sure are swell!

Yeah, I wasn’t expecting anything and didn’t even know the items were in stock but I got a bunch of shipping emails. Cool with me! I would have been fine if they waited until after their holidays too. 

3 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

3kni6f.jpg.431a8c2ad7b5a629f3146e551ba82736.jpg

:rofl: Truth!

All kitted out the Bandai takes up more room than the Yamato. I'd have to move a shelf (not the easiest thing with my cabs) to do a Hikaru final battle "shot". Going to do it though (but up the ante with dual wielding blasters (is the gun called a blaster? I can't remember)).

It would be really cool if Bandai came out with missile effects for the 1/48's.

21 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Cool! I don’t remember but I take it the Fewture is larger scale than the Arcadia? I’m pretty happy with the Arcadia versions for about 1/3 the price. But that’s an awesome gift for yourself!

Lol about the size of the DX w/ SSP! I thought the Yamato’s were pretty bulky but these are even more? Nice!

Yeah haha! My shelves are fixed at 12" which is just tall enough for a DX Battroid without SSP to stand up in. Guess I'll have to take them out of the display case or display in Gerwalk or Valk modes.

27 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It would be really cool if Bandai came out with missile effects for the 1/48's.

I dunno if I want to pay another $100+ for effect parts but it would be nice to have the option available! I think I'd go for a GBP with effect parts though.

21 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Yeah haha! My shelves are fixed at 12" which is just tall enough for a DX Battroid without SSP to stand up in. Guess I'll have to take them out of the display case or display in Gerwalk or Valk modes.

I dunno if I want to pay another $100+ for effect parts but it would be nice to have the option available! I think I'd go for a GBP with effect parts though.

I was thinking it would be cool to be able to replicate when Hikaru unloads EVERYTHING at the end of the final battle in DYRL. I tried finding a pic but couldn't come up with anything quick. But I love me some GBP too! Bring it on!

I've got a 1J waiting on the GBP right now.:good:

Hikaru shelf is coming along.

It's a good thing I like the 1/60 GBP more than the 1/48 GBP. I'm not sure I could stuff the 1/48 in there too.

I'm ready for my next shipment of YetiStands.

Hikaru Shelf.jpg

Edited by sqidd

2 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I put the strike packs on the VF-1J with the banking flight stand and it was barely holding up the wt in a bank and could topple anytime, it also flexed a bit, not sure even if I counter balance the stand with a weighted base is worth it, don’t want it to break

Are you talking about a Yetistand? I don't think it will break but if worried, I'd make sure to put the pressure on the arms along the skinny, not flat side...which they usually are set to be.

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Are you talking about a Yetistand? I don't think it will break but if worried, I'd make sure to put the pressure on the arms along the skinny, not flat side...which they usually are set to be.

I think he's talking about the stand that came with the 1J's. It's not the most secure thing in the world with just the Valk on it. With the Strike packs it's probably pretty scary.

24 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I put the strike packs on the VF-1J with the banking flight stand and it was barely holding up the wt in a bank and could topple anytime, it also flexed a bit, not sure even if I counter balance the stand with a weighted base is worth it, don’t want it to break

The stand adapter that comes with the Strike Packs doesn't fill me with the warm and fuzzies.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

No I am talking about the limited edition stand that came with the VF-1J

Btw you can put the strike pack with valk on that stand if you omit the arm armour parts, I wast just trying to see if I could still mount it on it, but I realized why not many people have tried it, in the banking position, the stand is at the tipping point and will fall over if you breath on it. Anyway just want to see what it look like. Will probably keep the strike packs in battaloid mode 

Edited by Guyffon

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I think he's talking about the stand that came with the 1J's. It's not the most secure thing in the world with just the Valk on it. With the Strike packs it's probably pretty scary.

The stand adapter that comes with the Strike Packs doesn't fill me with the warm and fuzzies.

3 hours ago, Guyffon said:

No I am talking about the limited edition stand that came with the VF-1J

Btw you can put the strike pack with valk on that stand if you omit the arm armour parts, I wast just trying to see if I could still mount it on it, but I realized why not many people have tried it, in the banking position, the stand is at the tipping point and will fall over if you breath on it. Anyway just want to see what it look like. Will probably keep the strike packs in battaloid mode 

Oh that makes a lot more sense. The Yeti stands are solid AF so I never heard anyone say they thought one would break from holding several Valks, let alone one. I was imagining how heavy could those hollow parts be? :D

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Oh that makes a lot more sense. The Yeti stands are solid AF so I never heard anyone say they thought one would break from holding several Valks, let alone one. I was imagining how heavy could those hollow parts be? :D

YetiStands are beefy. I have a YetiStand with two Yammie 1/48's kitted out with Super Packs. No problem!:good:

Also, no issue with tipping.

A few pictures of mine for fun. Has anyone else noticed the canopy being a bit open? Seems like the pilot is a bit too large - I see that his helmet is smooshed against the inside of the canopy. I noticed the wonky leg fin in gerwalk mode when I was processing the picture.

1848802684_VF1s(14).thumb.jpeg.b74dfc13632ac9ff3fd37eeacd315356.jpeg

1164032158_VF1s(12).thumb.jpeg.f2c757d6ca45380eb2ddf5a7fccbbcea.jpeg

26403098_VF1s(21).thumb.jpeg.4169bb28192b694d1eb59414484360b9.jpeg

360725028_VF1s(22).thumb.jpeg.b7309979a62c19d04bdbeaaf1492a4e5.jpeg

1518840245_VF1s(23).thumb.jpeg.4276b395c198fe9446b919328567508e.jpeg

2128745279_VF1s(24).thumb.jpeg.e5e5fd4337f9e5bf1416a3fbbb649a1d.jpeg