Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

26 minutes ago, Big said:

I second that! I must say i am disappointed. Back when they had the DX VF-1J exhibited with a board of super-parts, strike-parts, missile-set etc., they showed a armor-leg part with detail, as well as schematics of the boosters with detail! Making us believe, that that is what we were getting!

08a4883a.jpg

634e3f81.jpg

a3f96642.jpg

Those will be the TV version fast packs for the VF-1J

41 minutes ago, Big said:

I second that! I must say i am disappointed. Back when they had the DX VF-1J exhibited with a board of super-parts, strike-parts, missile-set etc., they showed a armor-leg part with detail, as well as schematics of the boosters with detail! Making us believe, that that is what we were getting!

agree, 

and the design is pretty much straight rip off the 1/60 supers. minus the inner micro missile and leg armor details.  

but the detachable skull emblems and excess (made up) tampos are a nice touch.       

Edited by davidwhangchoi

8 hours ago, Big said:

08a4883a.jpg

634e3f81.jpg

a3f96642.jpg

Wow, what a disappointment.  And this was one of the few Bandai items I managed to snag a preorder on.  Boy do I regret that.  I mean the fit and finis is excellent, but come on Bandai, there's more to modern collectibles than that.  You need the odd gimmick or two to keep hope alive.  

24 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Ordered my super parts from NY once they were available for order before the April batch was announced. Dropped NY an email and they replied mine belongs to the April batch so yea, not sure how they throw people into whichever batch. :unknw:

Same for me so I assume April it is.. 

Maybe I'll be able to snag one from Mandarake.

My AE order for the SSP set also shows that it's shipping in April, but I confirmed with them back in July that it would ship this month. Based on what I've been reading here, I sent them an email last night, asking to reconfirm, and they wrote back within a few hours and did so. I placed my order as soon as AE opened up their listing, which was technically the day before the official PO, and definitely before the second batch was announced, so that is probably why they're telling me that my set is coming soon. I'm still skeptical.

24 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

My AE order for the SSP set also shows that it's shipping in April, but I confirmed with them back in July that it would ship this month. Based on what I've been reading here, I sent them an email last night, asking to reconfirm, and they wrote back within a few hours and did so. I placed my order as soon as AE opened up their listing, which was technically the day before the official PO, and definitely before the second batch was announced, so that is probably why they're telling me that my set is coming soon. I'm still skeptical.

i send them 2 emails so far regarding my order and have heard nothing  back from them.  also ordered mine before the second batch announcement =/.  

Well i ordered mine before the second batch was announced from AE and AE still put me in the april batch citing I was ‘not fast enough’ to order. I somehow think they thought they had enough time to put in the order and made that mistake and is blaming it on us, whatever the case, this is my last order with them, I prefer my vendors to be honest and apologize if they are at fault instead of pushing the blame on their customers

That said I am running out of vendors I can trust for TWEs.

Edited by Guyffon

I got a reply from NY indicating that I'm in the April batch even though I ordered quite early. Maybe even the first day. I wonder if they are saying that just to be safe.

The other place I had contemplated ordering from is AE so it'd probably be the same. Thankfully, I'm not as anxious to get this as I thought I would be so waiting until April is fine. 

I would suggest keeping an eye out on AJ as well.  I was running around yesterday and found a seller who did Global Ship from AJ while out running errands.  Total with shipping was 13,354 Yen with DHL shipping, while NY was 12,100 with EMS.  For a $10 difference than what MSRP cost with shipping, that was a good price to get one now for my Valk.

I've been swamped or would've posted here, and now isn't available.  But, keep your eyes open there. 

On 12/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, no3Ljm said:

Thank you sir! :good: 

I wasn't able to catch a second DX VF-1S over there. It was sold out from every store I went. :unsure:

Lolicon was lucky to get one. ^_^

Hey noel, didn't know you were also in the neighborhood at the time! When did you go? I'm afraid if you weren't there the day stores started selling, then you were outta luck, unless you were way out in the boonies. :unknw:

21 hours ago, Big said:

634e3f81.jpg

Whoa whoa, are you saying that Bandai misrepresented their products to us, their loyal customer base? That's never happened before!

13 minutes ago, valhary said:

People can try to justify Bandai all they want but for me simply this (left) cant be the evolution of that (right)

Sin título-2.png

Agree.  It's such a shame that the DX Valkyrie is based on the Yamato V2 and has also included many improvements over its predecessor, but took a big reverse step in the strike pack design.  What a disappointment.

I'm so glad that I could care less about the insides of the Parts.  Because it would frustrate me as well if I did care.  Totally get it, but glad it doesn't matter to me.  The color and tampo actually matter way more to me, and I love what Bandai did on both of those compared to Yammie.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

31 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

You know, Bandai did a good job with the DX VF-1J Hikaru stand, why they decided to go with the regular DX stand for the rest of the releases boggles the mind.  Its such an ugly stand for such a handsome product.

They're both ugly. YetiStand for the win!

9 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I'm so glad that I could care less about the insides of the Parts.  Because it would frustrate me as well if I did care.  Totally get it, but glad it doesn't matter to me.  The color and tampo actually matter way more to me, and I love what Bandai did on both of those compared to Yammie.

Ditto

The DX strike parts look good, but I feel they're a step backwards on a toy that's made a bunch of steps forward. That's Bandai for you: always two steps forward, one step back.

The lack of internal detail isn't a dealbreaker for me, but it's disappointing that Bandai cheaped out there. The color is a wash (looks way too blue in some pics), and the tampo is borderline excessive/obnoxious.

Aside from the tampo printing, the DX strike parts are a step backwards from what Yamato did 10+ years ago.

Let's not forget the gigantic holes that Bandai left in the legs of the DX for attachment points, instead of just using Yamato's way of connecting that doesn't leave big unsightly holes on the legs.

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

Just noticed the DYRL cockpit doesn't have a HUD.

The whole canopy is the HUD with DYRL-valks.

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

Whose got the cockpit line art to show us what it should look like?

M3 should  have it.

here:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/vf-1s-strike.htm

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/vf-1a-fastpack/vf-1-dyrl-cockpit-fighterhud.gif

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/vf-1a-fastpack/vf-1-dyrl-cockpit2.gif

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/vf-1a-fastpack/vf-1-dyrl-cockpit1.gif

Edited by treatment

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Hey noel, didn't know you were also in the neighborhood at the time! When did you go? I'm afraid if you weren't there the day stores started selling, then you were outta luck, unless you were way out in the boonies. :unknw:

We were there Thanksgiving week. And we went to Shinjuku/Akihabara area, days after the release date I think. On a side note though, I got overwhelmed at Bic Camera. The whole floor full of collectibles. So overwhelmed, I didn't know what to get. So I ended not getting anything for me. Hahaha! :lol: 

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The DX strike parts look good, but I feel they're a step backwards on a toy that's made a bunch of steps forward. That's Bandai for you: always two steps forward, one step back.

The lack of internal detail isn't a dealbreaker for me, but it's disappointing that Bandai cheaped out there. The color is a wash (looks way too blue in some pics), and the tampo is borderline excessive/obnoxious.

Aside from the tampo printing, the DX strike parts are a step backwards from what Yamato did 10+ years ago.

Let's not forget the gigantic holes that Bandai left in the legs of the DX for attachment points, instead of just using Yamato's way of connecting that doesn't leave big unsightly holes on the legs.

Let's not forget... years of making diecast plane toys, they're still using bare metals.

9 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Well i ordered mine before the second batch was announced from AE and AE still put me in the april batch citing I was ‘not fast enough’ to order. I somehow think they thought they had enough time to put in the order and made that mistake and is blaming it on us, whatever the case, this is my last order with them, I prefer my vendors to be honest and apologize if they are at fault instead of pushing the blame on their customers

That said I am running out of vendors I can trust for TWEs.

Agreed. That's why I've switched to using proxies like FromJapan unless I have no other choice. They've always been honest with me about when they can and can't order an item for me. I don't like how AE is handling this situation.