Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

50 minutes ago, Kanzaki said:

The yammies were revolutionary for its time. Looking back, it still holds the test of time (in regard to the engineering and design). Bandai improved and made the engineering and design even better through the DX. If at all, my two cents says the DX modernized the engineering and design of the Valk, whilst paying homage to the Yammies.

I’d even add that the DX pays homage to chunky monkeys as well. Intended with it’s weight etc. Modernizing both the Yamato engineering and Takatoku materials/heft.

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Put a tube in the slot and you can have an anti-smoking commercial.

I originally read this as "Got my '5' today" and thought someone had bought 5 VF-1S Hikaru toys... 

7 hours ago, crackpot said:

@sqidd or is it 6? Lol!

Only five. I'm not a madman!:D

18 hours ago, F360 said:

Bandai made it auto direct to the 2nd batch, so it's hard to see the release date for the 1st batch.

But most if not all of the TWE items in december have a release date of 12-23-19.   So I would day it's on the 23rd too.

Thanks, my from japan orders  shows 31st dec.

Thus I will be more tgen happy if I can get it before new year.

1 hour ago, Arthurius said:

Can someone pls fill me in on the process of getting a new 1/48 valk when PO becomes available and chances of getting one. My guess is I will never be able to, but would have loved to give it a try when one day another 1S becomes available.

Keep an eye on this thread for PO announcements. There will be tons of info and links as we approach a given Pre-Order date/time. 

9 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

What is the general lead time between when we know a PO is coming to when it happens?  I know I've not checked the site for a week or two and missed preorders.  My guess is that sometimes it is days of notice.

Yeah.  The SSP people thought they had lots of time, because it's a TWE but it sold out within hours.  That's better than the valks, which sold out in seconds.

22 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

What is the general lead time between when we know a PO is coming to when it happens?  I know I've not checked the site for a week or two and missed preorders.  My guess is that sometimes it is days of notice.

Subscribe to this thread with email. its the only way I can keep up. ;)

I didn't get either but I got a Max at preorder.  it was 18000 Yen plus shipping converted at the current exchange rate.  The rate changes so I try not to pay up front if I think the exchange will be better closer to release date.  Some pay for faster shipping and insurance so about 4000 Yen, but others pay for cheapest shipping that takes month or more and no insurance.  For such an expensive toy that is hard to replace, I'd suggest the extra shipping.  Around $200 USD or $260 Cdn.  Some stores only accept pay first, and also expensive shipping only or jack up the shipping.   

The 1J is really expensive now and rare, and the 1S there's stock but is also expensive.  Dunno if Bandai will reissue it.  1S in yellow is possible later but we haven't seen one displayed.  They showed off the squadron from the movie so the next few releases are probably from the movie.  They might be easier to buy since Max was scalped but at a small premium.  

You check out the Arcadia/Yammie threads?  Some of the 1/60 v2 go on sale and good deals for a similar product ( the dx takes a lot of the same design) for cheaper including the SSP, or even the HMR line.  But most think the DX is the best.  

16 minutes ago, beatsing said:

I didn't get either but I got a Max at preorder.  it was 18000 Yen plus shipping converted at the current exchange rate.  The rate changes so I try not to pay up front if I think the exchange will be better closer to release date.  Some pay for faster shipping and insurance so about 4000 Yen, but others pay for cheapest shipping that takes month or more and no insurance.  For such an expensive toy that is hard to replace, I'd suggest the extra shipping.  Around $200 USD or $260 Cdn.  Some stores only accept pay first, and also expensive shipping only or jack up the shipping.   

The 1J is really expensive now and rare, and the 1S there's stock but is also expensive.  Dunno if Bandai will reissue it.  1S in yellow is possible later but we haven't seen one displayed.  They showed off the squadron from the movie so the next few releases are probably from the movie.  They might be easier to buy since Max was scalped but at a small premium.  

You check out the Arcadia/Yammie threads?  Some of the 1/60 v2 go on sale and good deals for a similar product ( the dx takes a lot of the same design) for cheaper including the SSP, or even the HMR line.  But most think the DX is the best.  

Thank you for sharing.  Where did you end up getting yours from, or where do you recommend getting it from?  Will only be interested in the 1S of any color, and once we actually move away, so i got time.  Space will probably be not much, so will get 1 only for the VF-1 if i can swing it at that time.

Edited by Arthurius

18 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Thank you for sharing.  Where did you end up getting yours from, or where do you recommend getting it from?  Will only be interested in the 1S of any color, and once we actually move away, so i got time.  Space will probably be not much, so will get 1 only for the VF-1 if i can swing it at that time.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x660977178

This is a pretty decent buyout price of 23800Yen  if you are keen. You can get the shipping cost at the checkout page.

Edited by Tenbatsu

1 hour ago, Arthurius said:

How much did the VF-1S or 1J cost you shipped to North America (USA or Canada) for those that preordered?  I just want to see if price is even feasible at all for me, or where i need to be at.  Thanks

I got the 1J and 1S for just under $200 shipped, but I pre-ordered.  I think the 1A Max is still in a "reasonable" price range.  I didn't pre-order the Max, and I paid like $220 shipped with 3 day shipping.  I feel like these DX vf-1s are worth that, personally.

If you're just looking to buy in to the line, the Max 1A is definitely the way to go.  If you must have one the Hikaru valks you're going to be paying a mark-up at this point.  You could be patient and watch Mandarake for one that is gently used with some minor box damage, though.

2 hours ago, Tenbatsu said:

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x660977178

This is a pretty decent buyout price of 23800Yen  if you are keen. You can get the shipping cost at the checkout page.

Looks like it doesn't ship overseas :(

Might look into it, see how much it would be to have it shipped to the in-laws, pick it up next time I'm there.

Thanks for the post!

4 minutes ago, peter said:

Looks like it doesn't ship overseas :(

Might look into it, see how much it would be to have it shipped to the in-laws, pick it up next time I'm there.

Thanks for the post!

Buyee is a proxy buying service, they will receive and trans-ship overseas for additional fee.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Buyee is a proxy buying service, they will receive and trans-ship overseas for additional fee.

I see....probably an arm and a leg to ship to Canada. 

Will check it out on Yahoo Auctions, maybe get the wife to have it sent to her parent's place.

58 minutes ago, peter said:

I see....probably an arm and a leg to ship to Canada. 

Will check it out on Yahoo Auctions, maybe get the wife to have it sent to her parent's place.

When I ran it, the shipping cost to California, US was around 54.00 USD.  Hope that helps you ball-park the cost.  

13 minutes ago, dragontype said:

When I ran it, the shipping cost to California, US was around 54.00 USD.  Hope that helps you ball-park the cost.  

Hey man, thanks for checking.  Wife bought it, having it sent to her parent's place for $10...will pick it up next time I'm in Japan....lol, might be a long as wait, lol!

5 hours ago, Arthurius said:

How much did the VF-1S or 1J cost you shipped to North America (USA or Canada) for those that preordered?  I just want to see if price is even feasible at all for me, or where i need to be at.  Thanks

I didn't get the 1S on preorder night (or at all for sure yet) but the 1J cost me $174 shipped from Amazon Japan. The Max 1A was about the same from Nippon Yasan. 

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I didn't get the 1S on preorder night (or at all for sure yet) but the 1J cost me $174 shipped from Amazon Japan. The Max 1A was about the same from Nippon Yasan. 

Wait, 174$ Amazon Japan shipped, wow, that is amazing.  Just wondering why not the Max 1A from there as well?  I have bought some Masterpiece transformers from Amazon Japan no problem.  

Also, did you have to get up in the middle of the night for either, or can one just preorder from either Amazon Japan or Nippon in the morning?

Also, why not the 1S?  Is it because you are wanting the Roy version more?  Or was there some problem with obtaining that figure on preorder?

Edited by Arthurius

20 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Wait, 174$ Amazon Japan shipped, wow, that is amazing.  Just wondering why not the Max 1A from there as well?  I have bought some Masterpiece transformers from Amazon Japan no problem.  

Also, did you have to get up in the middle of the night for either, or can one just preorder from either Amazon Japan or Nippon in the morning?

Also, why not the 1S?  Is it because you are wanting the Roy version more?  Or was there some problem with obtaining that figure on preorder?

The answer to most of your questions "preorder gets sold out in seconds to minutes after opening."