Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

23 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

But I have my own VF-1S to look at. While I was waiting for NY to ship all I got was boxed pictures. Since I'll be waiting on NY again I'm hoping for lots of lovely photos to make my wait even more unbearable. :D

I don't take pretty pictures. But I'll take some.;)

No, I didn’t get it this time. I canceled mine 2 weeks ago or so. Since it was my 2nd preorder... 

The preorder night took me few tries and patience for each steps, I was thinking it was frozen but it was not it was just super slow, it took like 4-5 min to process each step of the preorder... if I remember right, that night, it was showing no stock available few times as well but then got through...

Good luck ; )

Edited by Lockdown

1 hour ago, Ridden001 said:

Done.  This establishes immediate dominance of Yamato for all time.

24 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It is known.

I will take Bandai DX over Yammarcadia any day.  It's hard to argue with a 3-month old, I get it, but minus a few grails that Yammie put out, I love the tampo-riddled, meaty "Chunky Monkey" feel of the DX.  No decals and chunky?  Yes please.

Just now, DYRL VF-1S said:

I will take Bandai DX over Yammarcadia any day.  It's hard to argue with a 3-month old, I get it, but minus a few grails that Yammie put out, I love the tampo-riddled, meaty "Chunky Monkey" feel of the DX.  No decals and chunky?  Yes please.

I agree I'll take the DX every time. I do think Yamato nailed fighter mode though.

Sorry-not to derail the thread, but what size pictures are uploading that give an error? I've tried 4.2MB and no problems.

Let me know the size so I can adjust the server! (We prefer the pics on the server if at all possible because image hosts tend to come and go, and when going back 15 years in the forums like we do, its nice to see the pictures that were in the post at the time)
Shawn

1 hour ago, eyesonme78 said:

Anyone knows when will the super/strike packs be released ? For the first wave ?

Bandai made it auto direct to the 2nd batch, so it's hard to see the release date for the 1st batch.

But most if not all of the TWE items in december have a release date of 12-23-19.   So I would day it's on the 23rd too.

Haha to be honest I must admit the DX is a better figure/toy, especially in battroid. But considering the roughly 15 years between the two. Yamato really did do an amazing job. 

The Bandai was an evolution not a revolution. 

The yammies were revolutionary for its time. Looking back, it still holds the test of time (in regard to the engineering and design). Bandai improved and made the engineering and design even better through the DX. If at all, my two cents says the DX modernized the engineering and design of the Valk, whilst paying homage to the Yammies.