Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I was wondering that as well. I'm more interested in seeing how much they are pricing it since the sold out price sometimes doesn't reflect the price at the time of listing. 

Or maybe Mandarake is just trolling us and the item sold at the store itself.

25k is the price they all have sold at. Sometimes the main page doesn't update for awhile even after it's bought, so the big red add to cart button is still up. I did get one myself, but have just missed most of the others by minutes. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

25k is the price they all have sold at. Sometimes the main page doesn't update for awhile even after it's bought, so the big red add to cart button is still up. I did get one myself, but have just missed most of the others by minutes. 

Oh ok. Because I think the first time it came up on Mandarake, somebody here said it was 23K.

9 hours ago, Ryoma said:

I totally agree. I prefer the 1/48 yamatos in fighter mode too. I think i m going to skip the DX VF-1 and will start applying waterslide decals and draw panel lines on my old yamatos. Do you guys think that the Yamatos 1/48 will now drop their prices due to the new releases from Bandai?

I'm keeping mine.  My yammie still transforms ok and isn't loose.  It's swing bar is the best part over the DX.  The DX is almost perfect transformation, but since the swingbar separates (moreso to manage the weight of the legs, than to allow for the torso twist) on its own when transforming after a few times, and it's made of plastic, not sure about its long term sturdiness.  I also like the pilot more in the yammie.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I think the Yamato 1/48 prices will remain the same simply due to them being old and rare now.

I also prefer the 1/60 fighter but for me it's due to the way Yamato used curved surfaces whereas the DX tends to look more blocky.

The fact that Yamato's effort still looks amazing 10+ years later is a testament to how great a job they did.

@Ryoma you should definitely put some work into your old Yamatos if you've got the time and wherewithal to do so. Even the DX looks much better if you do the same. :)

By the by, has anyone managed to nab a DX 1S off Mandarake? They show up pretty regularly, but they get snapped up fast. Three or four were posted the night before last. :shok:

Question is, will the DX last 10 years, since the swing bar is two pieces, and one piece is plastic?  The heavy legs put stress on the connector.  The old yammie was light, so the connector is still working.

5 hours ago, Saburo said:

49184426037_140dd7d902_h.jpg

If the 1s was in yellow, that'd be the team.  Nice pic @Saburo

Pickup my MyKombini package today .  Pretty fast for slow Sal small packet since it arrived on Tuesday . 
The vf-1s was bubble wrapped, then paper wrapped and then placed in a shipping box with extra packaging on the left and right.  
opened it up , every looks good like it should be , nothing seems to be broken or installed incorrectly.   :lol:

On 12/6/2019 at 3:04 PM, drumondo said:

Made a bit of a rookie mistake, selected Registered Airmail (RA tracking prefix) as the shipping mode. Been waiting 9 days since the unit shipped, status still says "Dispatch from outward office of exchange", where it has been sitting for almost a week. Having done my research in hindsight, I should have selected EMS.

Has anyone else done this and how long did it take their shipments to arrive vs the EMS shipping mode?

And it turned up today, no further updates on the tracking page.

Still, :D.

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

I would love to have DX VF-1S Roy DYRL Ver right now. I'd also like Hikaru's VF-1A to complete Hikaru's Valkyries.

49189875738_f36cd7fa9a_h.jpg

Love the pic Saburo!! 

WHEN they do make a Roy VF-1S I seriously hope Bandai has the good sense to include 3 pilots. TV Roy, DYRL Roy and a TV Hikaru. (One can wish for things right?) :D

13 hours ago, crackpot said:

Oh ok. Because I think the first time it came up on Mandarake, somebody here said it was 23K.

I think that one listed for 23k was opened (if my memory serves me right).

On a side note, I did manage to snag an extra Vf-1S from Mandarake at 25k Yen. (Grandchaos outlet). From my observations Grandchaos and Nagoya outlets seem to have the most placed on sale. That having said, most of them sold out before one could click on the “add to cart” button 

Edited by Kanzaki

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yowza. Must be a solid 40 hours of work. 

Would if I could!

For the amount of work/talent that goes into something like that I think it's a bargain. That's about $20/hr. High skill labor like this is usually a LOT more per hour. When I was doing suspension tuning (race car stuff) I was $250/hr. plus expenses (travel was usually involved). Good tattoo artists charge $100-200/hr. Heck, your local car dealer charges $100/hr+ in labor to just change parts (zero creativity factor).

Still yowza though.:p

14 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Love the pic Saburo!! 

WHEN they do make a Roy VF-1S I seriously hope Bandai has the good sense to include 3 pilots. TV Roy, DYRL Roy and a TV Hikaru. (One can wish for things right?) :D

Thank you @505thAirborne!

I am curious on how they will release the Roy's VF-1S.  Seeing that the DYRL has some different and extra tampo compared to the SDFM. I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai were release a SDFM and a DYRL version.

10 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I am curious on how they will release the Roy's VF-1S.  Seeing that the DYRL has some different and extra tampo compared to the SDFM. I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai were release a SDFM and a DYRL version.

I would have to disagree.  Bandai, in their Hi-Metal R line, didn’t bother to put the proper TV arm super parts on the TV Max and Miria which is definitely a short cut for them.

Yamato/Arcadia, on the other hand, are fanboys.  Differentiating the TV from the DYRL by producing and releasing TV arm super parts for the, well, TV Valks.

But then again Bandai already has plans for the TV and DYRL Super and/or Strike parts.  So they will probably have TV Roy with his name on the canopy, a VF-1S TV (yellow/black stripe) Hikaru with his name on the canopy and DYRL Roy... and so on.  Unless they decide to cancel printing the pilot’s names for the rest of the line.

Oh, and Max’s and Kakizaki’s DYRL VF-1A’s better have mirror images of the the numbers 012 and 013 on their right tail fins...  :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Cannot wait to see that man!

26 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That will be an amazing pair for any collection!

I'll be parking the JetFire custom next to an original G1 JetFire. That aught to be fun!

I just received my VF-1S figure. It's pretty awesome! But it's looking naked without missiles.

Do the old Yamato 1/48 missiles work on the Bandai version? The hard points do look rather similar. I'm wondering if it's worth it to dig up my old 1/48 Yamato stuff.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I only just received my figure today, and I'm grossly out of date on current events. Thanks.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

As soon as I get S&S parts for the 1S DX's I'm sending two to him to get worked. One as a Focker and one as a G1 JetFire.:yahoo:

Post pictures when you receive the customs. I'm especially interested in seeing the Jetfire. That's what led me to discover Macross.

Edited by Matt Random

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

As soon as I get S&S parts for the 1S DX's I'm sending two to him to get worked. One as a Focker and one as a G1 JetFire.:yahoo:

Please post pictures especially of the one with the jetfire paint job :hail:

Edit: I just watched a video on why Jetfire was a Valk this year. The history of Macross/Robotech and merch is crazy!

Edited by Syro

1 hour ago, Syro said:

Please post pictures especially of the one with the jetfire paint job :hail:

Edit: I just watched a video on why Jetfire was a Valk this year. The history of Macross/Robotech and merch is crazy!

Oh, I'll be posting pics.:good:

Have you seen the Transformers episode of The Toys That Made Us?

11 hours ago, Saburo said:

Yes, multiple Roys so we can get the toy at MSRP.

That cel shaded Max really breaks up the plain white. nice mod

I checked my vf1s dx that i got from hlj the other night. Glad to report, nothing noticeably missing, cracked/broken.. although I didn't transform it completely. There was a slight gap by the wing root on the left side as if a screw wasnt completely fasten down or the two halves mightve been slightly mis-aligned causing the 1mm gap.