Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Now that the VF-1S Hikaru has arrived, I want to give a super HUGE Shout of thanks to @sumyumgoy. He messaged me the night of the Pre-order and let me know he managed to score a second he didn't think he would even get. I was offered it and, of course immediately stated I was interested, as I had struck out on every attempt at every website I attempted to get one that night. So, again, Thank you Sumyumgoy! I appreciate the kindness.

20 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm actually curious if you'd be able to just strip the numbering and leave the black like on the YF-19.  I forget if it was you or someone else who removed the white lettering from the left wing with some kind of alcohol, and the black underneath was left untouched.

That was me, and I'll be happy to try the same with the VF-1S:

thinner.thumb.jpg.06d2f64de107d612fbab05fe15e7ba6a.jpg

Came off in seconds.

removed.thumb.jpg.32ed887558f866be7453cfe9ff97dfab.jpg

Plus, unlike the YF-19 tampo, the white lettering here was painted over a solid black surface.  :good:

I'm still playing the NY waiting game, like 701XXX, did buy on PO night after being cart jacked at the original price so paid the 25,800 Price. 

I'm gonna keep it in battroid mode when it comes and keep the Yamato 1/48 VF-1S in fighter mode with all the fast packs and missles. I still think Yamato nailed the fighter profile all those years ago. 

44 minutes ago, tekering said:

That was me, and I'll be happy to try the same with the VF-1S:

Came off in seconds.

Plus, unlike the YF-19 tampo, the white lettering here was painted over a solid black surface.  :good:

Your bravery is unmatched.:hi:

2 minutes ago, Dirtyboy said:

I'm still playing the NY waiting game, like 701XXX, did buy on PO night after being cart jacked at the original price so paid the 25,800 Price. 

I'm gonna keep it in battroid mode when it comes and keep the Yamato 1/48 VF-1S in fighter mode with all the fast packs and missles. I still think Yamato nailed the fighter profile all those years ago. 

I canceled my NY orders and purchased elsewhere. I'm not playing that waiting madness with them. Especially when there is hearsay that they're already out of stock. The banned me. Screw em. I really don't like dealing with them anyway. Plenty of other shops tat will take my money.

I've got a 1/48 Yamato Focker with Strike Packs in fighter mode in my display. Yeah, it's damn near perfect. I'm curious what the DX with all the goodies looks like parked right next to it.

Come on strike packs!!!!

Edited by sqidd

22 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I canceled my NY orders and purchased elsewhere. I'm not playing that waiting madness with them. Especially when there is hearsay that they're already out of stock. The banned me. Screw em. I really don't like dealing with them anyway. Plenty of other shops tat will take my money.

I've got a 1/48 Yamato Focker with Strike Packs in fighter mode in my display. Yeah, it's damn near perfect. I'm curious what the DX with all the goodies looks like parked right next to it.

Come on strike packs!!!!

Didn’t you purchase Strike Packs from NY too or is that what you used the Tenso address for?

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

2 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Didn’t you purchase Strike Packs from NY too or is that what you used the Tenso address for?

I did. But they canceled all of my orders. I'll need to snatch some up when they're released. So far every time I see something get released it's not a big deal to get them. Sure I'm paying a markup, but I already was through NY. I'll most likely get strike packs for less than NY was charging (I didn't have PO). I just picked up five VF-1S's from three different sources.......all less expensive than NY was. And who knows when if ever NY was going to fill those orders.

In the future I'll be trying for things PO night. But if I miss out I'm not worried. So far I have been able to get everything for not significantly more than the PO pricing on the release date.

For example, I just picked up a MB EVA-02 last night for $20 over PO price. I can live with that. That $20 is worth not stressing on PO night.....in the middle of the night.

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I did. But they canceled all of my orders. I'll need to snatch some up when they're released. So far every time I see something get released it's not a big deal to get them. Sure I'm paying a markup, but I already was through NY. I'll most likely get strike packs for less than NY was charging (I didn't have PO). I just picked up five VF-1S's from three different sources.......all less expensive than NY was. And who knows when if ever NY was going to fill those orders.

In the future I'll be trying for things PO night. But if I miss out I'm not worried. So far I have been able to get everything for not significantly more than the PO pricing on the release date.

For example, I just picked up a MB EVA-02 last night for $20 over PO price. I can live with that. That $20 is worth not stressing on PO night.....in the middle of the night.

Totally. Well with  your Tenso address you should be able to get the Strike Parts yourself now. Here’s the addy. You might have to refresh a couple of times because it sometimes goes wonky since you’re accessing from international IP address. But keep refreshing and it will work.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136313/

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah makes sense, to be honest I am only using NY because over in the UK they were the only site that sent the item as a gift and I didnt have to pay import duty here in the UK. Every other seller I have used I have had to pay import duty which is around after a 25% markup, so it adds up very quickly. But otherwise yes depending on how badly I want the item I will just buy after from someone else.

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Totally. Well with  your Tenso address you should be able to get the Strike Parts yourself now. Here’s the addy. You might have to refresh a couple of times because it sometimes goes wonky since you’re accessing from international IP address. But keep refreshing and it will work.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136313/

P-Bandai does not allow you to register using a Tenso address, or at least it didn’t for me.

Can still put in orders using a proxy like FromJapan or DeJapan for a similar price though.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

P-Bandai does not allow you to register using a Tenso address, or at least it didn’t for me.

Can still put in orders using a proxy like FromJapan or DeJapan for a similar price though.

I confirmed this with Tenso yesterday. I tried to register on P-Bandai so I could cut out the middlemen and they wouldn't accept the phone number provided with my Tenso address, so I contacted Tenso and asked for an alternate number. This was their response:

We are afraid that BANDAI does not accept forwarding companies to be used.
If you have specific item you would like, we recommend you look into Buyee:

https://buyee.jp/?lang=en

They offer you not only forwarding service but also buying service.
For further information about Buyee, please contact them directly.

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

I just placed my first order that is getting shipped to Tenso. Man I hope I filled all that stuff out right!

Hah right? I spent like 45 minutes matching my address to what they said to enter and then checking their "what it should look like" and also translating the individual fields. After it shipped it took about a day and a half for it to show up in my tenso account and then i paid immediately and that was friday at 4 PM Japan time. Shipping EMS fastest plus insurance plus Tenso's fee was $45. Im saving almost 100 cancelling my NY order plus getting it in the next few days instead of whenever the f%%k they get stock in the distant future lol

I still haven't gotten a notice from NY yet. Rationally, I know it's not a big deal, because I already have a VF-1J and I got the VF-1S to display with the super parts anyways, but... also I want it in my hands.

I ordered the super parts from NY as well, so who knows, maybe they'll end up arriving at the same time.