Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I’m no expert but it’s always been my understanding that DYRL, Hikaru, and his DYRL VF-1S in particular have traditionally been more popular in Japan. Since that is Bandai’s target audience for the Macross line it makes sense to me that they lead with his Valks.

Roy and SDFM are just more popular in the States due to Robotech really. “Rick” always seemed so damn whiny and Roy a badass. Hikaru is slightly more badass in DYRL than his Robotech counterpart. Anyway, that’s just my thought. I’m sure others would disagree. :)

Yeah, I thought it was a Japanese popularity thing.  :rolleyes:  But imho we've had enough DYRL VF-1S releases. (:ph34r: yes I see your name there, plz don't hate :D) I'd be happy if they simply included rounded hands and a blue suited Roy.  They include rounded hands in their HMR releases (in all BUT the Roy?!!!), so why not here?  Eh, whatevs, I digress and am happy they are putting out toys at all from a 40yr old show! 

28 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Yeah, I thought it was a Japanese popularity thing.  :rolleyes:  But imho we've had enough DYRL VF-1S releases. (:ph34r: yes I see your name there, plz don't hate :D) I'd be happy if they simply included rounded hands and a blue suited Roy.  They include rounded hands in their HMR releases (in all BUT the Roy?!!!), so why not here?  Eh, whatevs, I digress and am happy they are putting out toys at all from a 40yr old show! 

Haha! No hating. I have a separate love for Roy too. And I can’t wait for him to release and sadly I don’t care if it’s SDFM or DYRL cuz I’ll be buying both plus a SDFM 1S Hikaru to boot if all three are made LOL :help:

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's exactly what I do, and I still only managed one pre-order for the VF-1S on release night, and that was via Amazon Japan w/o international shipping option.

There were time when I strike out on all the shops too. .  ;)

7 hours ago, Ipsquitch said:

Soliciting educated guesses... Looks like the cheapest VF-1S purchase option is currently ~25000JPY off YJA. Do you think it will drop over the next week or so like Max's did,, or are we just going up from here? I'm not sure if Max dropped due to popularity of the pilot/paint scheme, or if there were enough to go around that the market couldn't sustain the higher price point.

It may drop further imo. Way too many unbid listings in Buyee.

8 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah, I'm not sure.  I'm trying the envision this with the stabilizers unfolded.  If you look at the one on the right of the pic, if it unfolds, it would show "100" and I believe that is the one captured with the "issue."

Though now that I think about it, this pic is actually showing the inside of the stabilizers so in reality they are correct as it would show "001" unfolded.

Just checked my yammie valkyrie.  The folded backpack is showing the front/outside tips for both left and right stabilizers.  The red tip is the top of the stabilizer, so in the pic the 001 is correct on both stabilizers.  

Edited by beatsing
spelling

I just need a DX VF-1A TV Kakizaki and VF-1S TV Roy and I’m good.  

I wouldn’t mind if Bandai releases a HMR VF-1A TV Max, VF-1A TV Kakizaki, and VF-1S TV Roy while the DX DYRL Skull Squadron gets released.

14 hours ago, lavinrac said:

HLJ Managed to get my VF-1S order out. I ordered the other night when it was released, not months ago. It made it to my Private warehouse and now it's in FedEx's hands. I consider myself extremely lucky.

You and I by the grace of God.

Sorry to hear about others getting pre-orders cancelled. 

23 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I’m glad to hear some people are getting shipments or even have the 1S in hand already. I hope I’m one of them soon and I want to get on to seeing the pics of this thing in people’s collections. 

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting to be the first -- I mean, members posting from Tokyo have had the VF-1S for four days already, and Amazon only just got around to delivering mine -- but here you are:

1396227686_tamponotampo.thumb.jpg.8ca51635ebbbfa09d7f0dbafb4fcbe69.jpg

Puts the ol' Yammie to shame, of course...

1129769414_oldvs_new.thumb.jpg.2b7d2fc9fcd810dd96cbec645f213c6e.jpg

...but I do think the tempo is a little overdone.

overdone.thumb.jpg.7ccc34ec39bfb24a5642e0ded34484fe.jpg

detest.thumb.jpg.9b400945350fd7e3fa628af1a253eb93.jpg

I especially hate the fruity font Tenjin-san chose for the pilot designations.  At a glance, it always reads as Lieutenant Tokyo's plane.  <_<

1845323002_cockpitHUD.thumb.jpg.853d3ceaf4218b1d2edd94b10ef74fcb.jpg

The cockpit screen could've used a little color, I think... but it's better than nothing, right?

1655231535_VincentVega.thumb.jpg.ece99685218fbd64edd8c297b02d29d0.jpg

I love all the ways you can style the hair.  ^_^

Barbie.thumb.jpg.f7beb3cc678d0cdde44f4eda667fe2fc.jpg

slick.thumb.jpg.e6f4af35304d0e1d7c971d3d0bfa7ea3.jpg

back-to-back.thumb.jpg.3e79a7b5428943d68303f9b20da312ca.jpg

Again, puts my old Yamato to shame, in more ways than I care to mention.  :unsure:

Edited by tekering

40 minutes ago, tekering said:

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting to be the first -- I mean, members posting from Tokyo have had the VF-1S for four days already, and Amazon only just got around to delivering mine -- but here you are:

1396227686_tamponotampo.thumb.jpg.8ca51635ebbbfa09d7f0dbafb4fcbe69.jpg

Puts the ol' Yammie to shame, of course...

1129769414_oldvs_new.thumb.jpg.2b7d2fc9fcd810dd96cbec645f213c6e.jpg

...but I do think the tempo is a little overdone.

overdone.thumb.jpg.7ccc34ec39bfb24a5642e0ded34484fe.jpg

detest.thumb.jpg.9b400945350fd7e3fa628af1a253eb93.jpg

I especially hate the fruity font Tenjin-san chose for the pilot designations.  At a glance, it always reads as Lieutenant Tokyo's plane.  <_<

1845323002_cockpitHUD.thumb.jpg.853d3ceaf4218b1d2edd94b10ef74fcb.jpg

The cockpit screen could've used a little color, I think... but it's better than nothing, right?

1655231535_VincentVega.thumb.jpg.ece99685218fbd64edd8c297b02d29d0.jpg

I love all the ways you can style the hair.  ^_^

Barbie.thumb.jpg.f7beb3cc678d0cdde44f4eda667fe2fc.jpg

slick.thumb.jpg.e6f4af35304d0e1d7c971d3d0bfa7ea3.jpg

back-to-back.thumb.jpg.3e79a7b5428943d68303f9b20da312ca.jpg

Again, puts my old Yamato to shame, in more ways than I care to mention.  :unsure:

Thanks! It does look great and love the individually articulated head lasers. Yamato still looks great to me too. 

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's exactly what I do, and I still only managed one pre-order for the VF-1S on release night, and that was via Amazon Japan w/o international shipping option.

Well I do that too and got cart jacked at every store i tried, thus I got none, oh well sometimes the rng gods favour us and sometimes they don’t 

Edited by Guyffon