Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

40 minutes ago, treatment said:

Wow, that's a much larger pilot than the 1J.

Mine is out for delivery (to Tenso), but is late being delivered. Ought to show up tomorrow I hope.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Wow, that's a much larger pilot than the 1J.

Mine is out for delivery (to Tenso), but is late being delivered. Ought to show up tomorrow I hope.

Chalk it up to the bulkier uniform from DYRL?  It is supposed to be bulkier right?

FYI... Looks like orders are closing for Strike Parts - April 2020 release on 12/22.  Most of us have already purchased, but with all the talk around NY, for example, it's good to know when Bandai will actually stop accepting orders because you'll see it likely open on NY for awhile after (would be my guess anyway). 

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136313/?_ga=2.30930111.1018093830.1574704340-159834799.1571518821

And, it seems that the "100" marking has always been and no one really caught it.  Look at the product page.

https://tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-1s/

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 11.10.10 AM.png

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

6 hours ago, crackpot said:

Lol! Just out of curiosity, did you hit all the POs and got one from each retailer? (Mykombini, HLJ, Amiami, CDJapan, more?) 

No need for you to worry about orders reopening while you're asleep. 

If i'm going to stay up for preorder night, might as well get all that i can before going to sleep.

HLJ and cdjapan on preorder night

sold out from n-y while checking out, due to the extra time needed to remove gx-88 from my cart.  ;)

Later on saw the mykombini link is this tread 

Got the amiami preorder a month or so later when they reopen their preorder for like 5 minutes.  (lucky I was up )

26 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

FYI... Looks like orders are closing for Strike Parts - April 2020 release on 12/22.  Most of us have already purchased, but with all the talk around NY, for example, it's good to know when Bandai will actually stop accepting orders because you'll see it likely open on NY for awhile after (would be my guess anyway). 

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136313/?_ga=2.30930111.1018093830.1574704340-159834799.1571518821

And, it seems that the "100" marking has always been and no one really caught it.  Look at the product page.

https://tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-1s/

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 11.10.10 AM.png

The product page, or this pic is actually showing the correct markings.   

12 minutes ago, F360 said:

The product page, or this pic is actually showing the correct markings.   

Yeah, I'm not sure.  I'm trying the envision this with the stabilizers unfolded.  If you look at the one on the right of the pic, if it unfolds, it would show "100" and I believe that is the one captured with the "issue."

Though now that I think about it, this pic is actually showing the inside of the stabilizers so in reality they are correct as it would show "001" unfolded.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

Soliciting educated guesses... Looks like the cheapest VF-1S purchase option is currently ~25000JPY off YJA. Do you think it will drop over the next week or so like Max's did,, or are we just going up from here? I'm not sure if Max dropped due to popularity of the pilot/paint scheme, or if there were enough to go around that the market couldn't sustain the higher price point.

11 minutes ago, Ipsquitch said:

Soliciting educated guesses... Looks like the cheapest VF-1S purchase option is currently ~25000JPY off YJA. Do you think it will drop over the next week or so like Max's did,, or are we just going up from here? I'm not sure if Max dropped due to popularity of the pilot/paint scheme, or if there were enough to go around that the market couldn't sustain the higher price point.

I've been considering whether or not I should open mine based on this question.  To answer your question directly: I think Mandarake will probably have something cheaper than that in the next few months, if you're ok with gently used, and maybe taking a minor hit on box condition.  So you might want to hold out for that, if you're ok waiting a while.  Remember, you're going to have to pay a proxy fee of some sort going through YJA (unless you have a friend or something in Japan).

But then there is this whole situation with the messed up tampo on the rear stabilizer.  Personally, it barely bothers me, but it could maybe, possibly (but probably not) open the door for Bandai to do some kind of reissue, with the correct tampo printing.  If that does happen (again, unlikely), then another release could bring the price down further.  It could also make the "error" version more valuable.  But I think that scenario is unlikely.

3 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I've been considering whether or not I should open mine based on this question.  To answer your question directly: I think Mandarake will probably have something cheaper than that in the next few months, if you're ok with gently used, and maybe taking a minor hit on box condition.  So you might want to hold out for that, if you're ok waiting a while.  Remember, you're going to have to pay a proxy fee of some sort going through YJA (unless you have a friend or something in Japan).

But then there is this whole situation with the messed up tampo on the rear stabilizer.  Personally, it barely bothers me, but it could maybe, possibly (but probably not) open the door for Bandai to do some kind of reissue, with the correct tampo printing.  If that does happen (again, unlikely), then another release could bring the price down further.  It could also make the "error" version more valuable.  But I think that scenario is unlikely.

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on Manda to see how they're going to price it. I'm not betting on a re-release, so I'm expecting to pay some amount of markup. I just don't want to get bit on the rear like I did with Max where I paid 27500 from NY, now they're everywhere for ~22000.

2 hours ago, F360 said:

If i'm going to stay up for preorder night, might as well get all that i can before going to sleep.

sold out from n-y while checking out, due to the extra time needed to remove gx-88 from my cart.  ;)

Got the amiami preorder a month or so later when they reopen their preorder for like 5 minutes.  (lucky I was up )

True that. 

Maybe you're just being modest and did get one for every known retailer out there. Tell us your secret and share the wealth. ;)

11 minutes ago, crackpot said:

True that. 

Maybe you're just being modest and did get one for every known retailer out there. Tell us your secret and share the wealth. ;)

no secret .

be up to date on release date 

subscribe to threads 

Have accounts on all the websites you plan to place order, save user name and password. 

Practice to check out as fast as possible

Be ready on preorder night, keep looking at this thread for other updates. 

Have Distill web monitor running in the background whenever I'm on my computer so i will get alert from sites that was not able place a preorder.  

28 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Anyone know what open status means on HLJ? Is it going to be fulfilled or cancelled like @dafob?

It just means that the order has been acknowledged and they will try to fulfill it. No money has been exchanged yet until the item is secured under your order.

3 hours ago, F360 said:

That's exactly what I do, and I still only managed one pre-order for the VF-1S on release night, and that was via Amazon Japan w/o international shipping option.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

17 hours ago, seti88 said:

any Roy/kakizaki news i wonder...

1858264526_source(1).gif.ae1cf63140ea4427fee4242c2b359f98.gif

Hah, yeah, same here.  I'm surprised they haven't yet released what would probably be the hottest selling model.  I haven't been particularly interested in collecting the 1/48 scale DX stuff, but I would sell my kidney for an SDFM Roy VF-1S.  Why are nearly ALL releases of that DYRL?!  And it looks like the next one will probably be DYRL too. Le sigh <_<

39 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Hah, yeah, same here.  I'm surprised they haven't yet released what would probably be the hottest selling model.  I haven't been particularly interested in collecting the 1/48 scale DX stuff, but I would sell my kidney for an SDFM Roy VF-1S.  Why are nearly ALL releases of that DYRL?!  And it looks like the next one will probably be DYRL too. Le sigh <_<

How can you be surprised, they are only on the third release and you can't expect them to release two simultaneously? And nearly all are DYRL:lol:...again, with only three releases it could have gone either way with "nearly all" SDFM.:p

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

How can you be surprised, they are only on the third release and you can't expect them to release two simultaneously? And nearly all are DYRL:lol:...again, with only three releases it could have gone either way with "nearly all" SDFM.:p

giphy.gif

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

I won't pretend to know the inner workings of Bandai's release schedule, but DYRL Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki (VF-1A variants) were teased at the last tamashii nations.  I figure one of them has to be next, right?

I don't think it will be all 3 in a row, but maybe DYRL Kakizaki next?  I'm just saying Roy (of any flavor) and TV Kakizaki aren't super likely to be next, imo.  Anything could happen, of course.

Yeah, it really only makes sense since they’re releasing the Strike Parts in Dec/Apr and showcased some of the corresponding 1As.

6 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I won't pretend to know the inner workings of Bandai's release schedule, but DYRL Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki (VF-1A variants) were teased at the last tamashii nations.  I figure one of them has to be next, right?

I don't think it will be all 3 in a row, but maybe DYRL Kakizaki next?  I'm just saying Roy (of any flavor) and TV Kakizaki aren't super likely to be next, imo.  Anything could happen, of course.

39 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

True, but I would have thought they would have gone with a Roy release that would sell better before doing a second Hikaru.  And I was referring to all large scale releases of Roy's VF-1S, not the DX line itself - sorry for not being clearer there.  The only 1/60 or larger SDFM release that I have found so far is one of the the Yamato V2.2 releases.  In smaller ones, there's the Kitzconcept and Toynami Robotech stuff (but we all know that doesn't count).

2 minutes ago, Pontus said:

True, but I would have thought they would have gone with a Roy release that would sell better before doing a second Hikaru.  And I was referring to all large scale releases of Roy's VF-1S, not the DX line itself - sorry for not being clearer there.  The only 1/60 or larger SDFM release that I have found so far is one of the the Yamato V2.2 releases.  In smaller ones, there's the Kitzconcept and Toynami Robotech stuff (but we all know that doesn't count).

I’m no expert but it’s always been my understanding that DYRL, Hikaru, and his DYRL VF-1S in particular have traditionally been more popular in Japan. Since that is Bandai’s target audience for the Macross line it makes sense to me that they lead with his Valks.

Roy and SDFM are just more popular in the States due to Robotech really. “Rick” always seemed so damn whiny and Roy a badass. Hikaru is slightly more badass in DYRL than his Robotech counterpart. Anyway, that’s just my thought. I’m sure others would disagree. :)