Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, gerwookie said:

Yeah I thought so. Just didn’t know what the official street date was, as mykombini seemed earlier than everyone else. Hope it works out! Came to about the same price as getting it from HLJ. Nothing compared to AJ though... still waiting on the one from Nin-nin. 

The official street date from Bandai is 11-23-19.   

I'm probably weird about the missiles.  I only had one 1/48 yammie, and only put the missiles on once.  I just display them on the tarmac under the wings because it's a hassle to take them on and off when transforming; it's like a partsformer, which I don't like.  

I have multiples of the v2 yammies, one plain, one strike, one GBP, but I don't install the missiles.  The strike parts (other than the missiles) transforms without partsforming.  The GBP doesn't transform so whatever.  

So I don't think the missiles are worth the price.  Unless Bandai does the HMR missile special effects parts for DX.  The HMR are so nice they are an exception.

Those who regularly install and uninstall the missiles, do they ever crack on the connector?  does the weight make the wings droop over time?

On 11/17/2019 at 12:30 AM, Darth Mingus said:

As others have said, MyKombini has started asking for payment meaning the release of the VF-1S Hikaru will be soon.  I thought I'd post links to the stores that may start getting pre-orders cancelled (that also don't scalp):

HLJ: https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-the-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-use-bans55800

AmiAmi: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-049315

HobbySearch: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10616645

Amazon (General Product Listing): https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B07SH712YR/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new  

Stores that do "scalp" (by this I mean list pre-order above retail after an initial batch):

MyKombini: https://mykombini.com/en/november-2019/14762-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyou-custom-macross-do-you-remember-love-bandai-spirits-4573102558008.html - 28,990 Yen

Nippon-Yasan: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/28337-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom.html - 32,250 Yen

Hopefully these links will help people who were not able to score a pre-order.  Good luck!

thanks!!!

Sorry if this is more of a N-Y question than a 1/48 DX VF-1 question, but I know I'm not going to be at the address where my VF-1S and the duplicate order are being sent. Assuming N-Y never responds to my ticket about changing the address, has anyone had any luck re-routing an EMS package? Would a temporary change of address accomplish this?

2 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

Sorry if this is more of a N-Y question than a 1/48 DX VF-1 question, but I know I'm not going to be at the address where my VF-1S and the duplicate order are being sent. Assuming N-Y never responds to my ticket about changing the address, has anyone had any luck re-routing an EMS package? Would a temporary change of address accomplish this?

If you can pin down a rough estimate of when the package will arrive, you could arrange for a mail hold during that time, so it just gets held at the office.  That can be a little unpredictable, but if you aren't expecting any other important mail, you could potentially just set your mail to be held for a month once you receive the shipping notice, and then cancel the hold once it arrives.

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

If you can pin down a rough estimate of when the package will arrive, you could arrange for a mail hold during that time, so it just gets held at the office.  That can be a little unpredictable, but if you aren't expecting any other important mail, you could potentially just set your mail to be held for a month once you receive the shipping notice, and then cancel the hold once it arrives.

Fortunately, I'm not in a situation where I'm in danger of the package being lost/stolen, just one where I might not being able to see it until next year. 

Does anyone know if the "Premium Forwarding Service Residential" applies to EMS packages in the US?

Edited by MikeRoz

21 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

Fortunately, I'm not in a situation where I'm in danger of the package being lost/stolen, just one where I might not being able to see it until next year. 

Does anyone know if the "Premium Forwarding Service Residential" applies to EMS packages in the US?

Not to be toooo snarky, but if you ordered from NY, you might not see it until next year anyway. :lol: 

I can't say anything about package forwarding service, but I'm guessing this is just a temporary change for travel/vacation time?  You might be able to set up a temporary forwarding address with the USPS that'll do that, but I don't know what kind of minimum amount of lead time or duration those sorts of setups might require.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, peter said:

Well, no luck.  Back in Canada empty handed.....well, apart from the Max 1A.

Will skip the 1S Hikaru I guess and wait out for Roy as originally planned.

That's my plan. I mean I don't want to knock anyone for buying this obviously beautiful VF-1S with the red paint, but I overall want the Roy Focker one more.

12 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

EMS comes from usps, so if you do a forwarded address at your post office, usps will deliver it to your new address

5 hours ago, theraiden said:

SolarisJapan now has the VF-1S listed. I have ordered from them a couple of times. Excellent packaging and speedy service.

https://solarisjapan.com/products/choujikuu-yousai-macross-ai-oboete-imasu-ka-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijou-use-dx-chogokin-bandai-spirits

Sheesh, talk about mark up. Thanks for the link tho, never hurts to have options. I'm hoping to score one on release day...

12 hours ago, rocketblast said:

That's my plan. I mean I don't want to knock anyone for buying this obviously beautiful VF-1S with the red paint, but I overall want the Roy Focker one more.

Oh, without a doubt the Hikki 1S with black and red markings looks amazing.  The thing is, I already have a Yammie Hikki 1S and I can't afford to collect doubles. 

I figured since I would be in the area though, if I could grab one at MSRP, I would.  Then come back and trade my Yammie Hikiki for a Roy or sell it and pick up a Roy later on.

Anyway, on my way out, I saw a 1A Max selling for 21,000 yen, so there is hope for folks to grab these things at non-absurd prices. 

One of the guys working at one of the local shops told me that historically in other toy lines, the Hikki 1S have been able to fetch higher prices over the Roy 1S, so there is hope that when the Roy comes out, prices won't get too crazy.  Who knows how true this is on the open market outside of Japan, it was just his observation at the local shop level.

1 hour ago, moose said:

When is release day?

Last day of this month. Last Macross present for the year until the second round of the SSP packs and missile set gets sent out next year.

Edit: I know that most of everyone here will get Roy when listed, however Hikaru's paint scheme gets sold out very quickly (and demands more $$) since he gets more screen time.

When the M&M's DX VF-1J gets released, they won't be flying off the shelves that quick as they're seconday characters in Japan (unless your overseas) 

Edited by borgified

33 minutes ago, borgified said:

Last day of this month. Last Macross present for the year until the second round of the SSP packs and missile set gets sent out next year.

Edit: I know that most of everyone here will get Roy when listed, however Hikaru's paint scheme gets sold out very quickly (and demands more $$) since he gets more screen time.

When the M&M's DX VF-1J gets released, they won't be flying off the shelves that quick as they're seconday characters in Japan (unless your overseas) 

I suppose I have to be thankful for those cultural differences in favorite characters.  Hikaru's the main character that pulls all the fandom along with him in Japan, and Roy gets to be the war-hardened drunken badass popular in the west. ^_^  I'm pretty okay with that making Roy easier to acquire.

M&Ms are also an oddball from a merchandising perspective, because their custom super packs generally have been bundled, making their base price higher.  Given Bandai's complete abandonment of the concept of bundling anything, I wouldn't expect it with their packs either, since they have a long and colorful history of selling individualized packs as exclusives.  That might wind up making the M&Ms more popular, since they'll be the same price to start, but I also wouldn't be surprised if one or both wind up only available as webshop exclusives like the HMR Milia did.

Just so long as they don't stick with the HMR colors, I'll probably wind up grabbing both of them eventually.

58 minutes ago, borgified said:

The first round of S&S parts have been released already? Or are those on a December release?

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The first round of S&S parts have been released already? Or are those on a December release?

According to Tamashii Japan's webpage, the first round of the SSP should be released next month (if you haven't missed the pre-orders for the first round). The second round is to be out in April.

https://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

According to Tamashii Japan's webpage, the first round of the SSP should be released next month (if you haven't missed the pre-orders for the first round). The second round is to be out in April.

https://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/

I'm on the cusp of the cutoff between round one and two. If I'm round two I'm hoping I can pick a few sets of S&S parts on round one release day. I don't wan't naked Valks from December to April.:p

13 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I purchased 4 Super Strike sets in the first round but may pickup a couple more. 

How many sets does one need to ensure the main squad is decked out?

Well, I have three VF-1S's inbound. One to display in each mode. So I need three. Then there is the Roy to consider, so another three. And I'm sending one to LEK for a custom paint job. So another set there. That's seven for me. I have that many on order (and three more just in case). I probably won't see them until April though. I'll be looking to pick some up before then if I can get my hands on some.

36 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

How many sets does one need to ensure the main squad is decked out?

This will depend on what you mean by "the main squad."  Four is sufficient to cover the largest group seen on-screen at once, but the entire movie as a whole will take five.  It will all depend on what your intended displays will contain.  If you're doing just the squad in a group, that'll be four, but if you also want Hikaru's pose from the final battle, that'll take a fifth set.

The trick to this is that Bandai kind of complicated things for themselves by numbering the skull logos for the packs.  If they hadn't done that, blue and red would cover all of the HIkaru and Max paintjobs.  Instead, assuming we're eventually getting the entire squad, we'll need a separate "11" logo for Hikaru's 1A.

Aside from that though, Max didn't use packs on his 1S, so I'm not betting Bandai will make him a "00" skull.  If you go past what was on screen, and give Max a 1S with packs, that'll just take a sixth set, and it will be up to you whether you care about proper numbering.

Either way, anyone who ordered a bunch of packs is going to have a boatload of extra skull logo panels.  Considering I already have the whole squad in 1/60, I probably won't be picking up the whole group, but I fully intend to repaint and decal my extras with other squadron markings, and use them on the CF version. :) 

If we do get more sales of super packs later, maybe I'll grab a couple more, but that will depend on how extensive Bandai makes this line.

Edited by Chronocidal

11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

This will depend on what you mean by "the main squad."  Four is sufficient to cover the largest group seen on-screen at once, but the entire movie as a whole will take five.  It will all depend on what your intended displays will contain.  If you're doing just the squad in a group, that'll be four, but if you also want Hikaru's pose from the final battle, that'll take a fifth set.

The trick to this is that Bandai kind of complicated things for themselves by numbering the skull logos for the packs.  If they hadn't done that, blue and red would cover all of the HIkaru and Max paintjobs.  Instead, assuming we're eventually getting the entire squad, we'll need a separate "11" logo for Hikaru's 1A.

Aside from that though, Max didn't use packs on his 1S, so I'm not betting Bandai will make him a "00" skull.  If you go past what was on screen, and give Max a 1S with packs, that'll just take a sixth set, and it will be up to you whether you care about proper numbering.

Either way, anyone who ordered a bunch of packs is going to have a boatload of extra skull logo panels.  Considering I already have the whole squad in 1/60, I probably won't be picking up the whole group, but I fully intend to repaint and decal my extras with other squadron markings, and use them on the CF version. :) 

If we do get more sales of super packs later, maybe I'll grab a couple more, but that will depend on how extensive Bandai makes this line.

They showed Hikaru's 1A with the 011 Skull numbering. Bandai might bundle Hikaru's 1A with it's proper numbered Fast Packs.

Bandai always chooses to complicate their releases<_<

9deb919e.jpg

Seeing the green, blue and black skull& crossbones makes me feel like we ain't gonna see any tv variants for a looooong time. If that's the case give us a vf-1a brown CF movie version....