Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

22 minutes ago, technoblue said:

This was my plan, as well, although I already have Hiky's 1S on order so...I'm doomed.:ph34r: Anyway, I have 3 missile sets from the first run and needed to grab an extra set to make it an even four. Now to wait anxiously, hoping that Bandai can keep their focus just a smidge longer and get the other two TV guys out before going full DYRL (as teased).

Oh yeah you're doomed, the Hikaru 1S will require the rest of the DYRL Skull Squadron :). We'll see for me as well, if I end up buying a single DYRL DX I'll inevitably have to get the rest, then I'm officially tumbling down the slope, not slipping. 

One thing to keep in mind is actually how many valks you can fully outfit with a single missile set.  Technically speaking, I only needed one set to cover Hikaru's 1J, his 1S, and a theoretical Roy, because you can outfit them each with a different loadout. 

The only missiles that you really can't mix and match into canon loadouts are the TV missile clusters.

19 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

One thing to keep in mind is actually how many valks you can fully outfit with a single missile set.  Technically speaking, I only needed one set to cover Hikaru's 1J, his 1S, and a theoretical Roy, because you can outfit them each with a different loadout. 

The only missiles that you really can't mix and match into canon loadouts are the TV missile clusters.

That's a VERY good point.

26 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I thought about this as well, technically one set could go a long way, but I want series accurate Vermillion, so I need a set with TV clusters for each valk. Well I don't need that, but I want it. 

This preorder madness has gotten so out of hand. I'm not a collector of multiples. I've got the VF-1J, and preorders for fastpacks and missiles. Gonna look weird if I don't manage to get ahold of a Hikaru VF-1S. Wonder if they will reissue the valks like they are doing with accessories.

Sadly it looks like I am going to have to pass on this one.  Just can't do this AND Vehicle Voltron in the same month and having to choose.... and it was hard. I'm keeping my preorder for Voltron.

Gambling they re-release or someone will want to trade for the extra vf-1A Max. I do have the Strike Set preordered ironically. :)

9 minutes ago, Atomski said:

Sadly it looks like I am going to have to pass on this one.  Just can't do this AND Vehicle Voltron in the same month and having to choose.... and it was hard. I'm keeping my preorder for Voltron.

Gambling they re-release or someone will want to trade for the extra vf-1A Max. I do have the Strike Set preordered ironically. :)

If you're offering to trade a Max 1A for a 1S, I'm not sure they'll be any takers.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

3 hours ago, Atomski said:

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you're offering to trade a Max 1A for a 1S, I'm not sure they'll be any takers.

Put up the Strike set for sale on the boards and keep the Go Lion. 

You have to draw the line somewhere @Atomski

I was actually going for the Strike Roy pre-order madness and decided to call it off for the eventual DX YF-21 (Full Set?)  sometime next year.

The DX VF-1 is a extra addition as I have the Yammie versions already and satisfied with it. 

8 hours ago, borgified said:

The DX VF-1 is a extra addition as I have the Yammie versions already and satisfied with it.

This would’ve been me had I been collecting at the Yammie stages. I just prefer the way DX feels in hand and don’t want to pay a premium to go back in time like I have for some grails in order to get Yammies. Also, DYRL is my fave so TV vermillion would only be the bonus now to get Kaki. Then of course there’s M&M.

The madness never stops does it?! :crazy:

Edited by DYRL VF-1S
Grammar police

Guys seriously, if the guy can work out a trade on that VF-1A let him, why rain on his parade.  Just because the VF-1S is overpriced and at scalper cost now doesn't mean that nobody wants a VF-1A.  They are nearly the same jet anyway just different color scheme and different head.  Not many TV versions of this valk are out in the wild too after all.  And as we all know, the ones people want the least are usually the ones that people spend more money on.  All depending on various factors.

15 hours ago, Atomski said:

I just built a fake lego voltron it is pretty cool.  Pretty huge.  Can you link me to the voltron you're talking about?

13 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

I just built a fake lego voltron it is pretty cool.  Pretty huge.  Can you link me to the voltron you're talking about?

If you switch over to the Anime or Science Fiction section, you'll see an "All Things Voltron" thread. Here is a direct link:

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

DX VF-1A Max will probably jump in price after all the retail stock dries up. This has happened every time with every version of it released in the past.

For sure, given enough time I am sure my extra will find a home. I am not to worried about it.

8 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

This would’ve been me had I been collecting at the Yammie stages. I just prefer the way DX feels in hand and don’t want to pay a premium to go back in time like I have for some grails in order to get Yammies. Also, DYRL is my fave so TV vermillion would only be the bonus now to get Kaki. Then of course there’s M&M.

The madness never stops does it?! :crazy:

No, no it doesn't :)

I only have a soft spot for the VF-1S in the DYRL style so I may just seek out a Arcadia premium finish and be fine with that instead. Think it pair a bit better with their SDF-1 as well. Also going to continue with picking up 1/60 scales across the various manufacturers to get one of each style of VF so I can display the evolution of the design together.

Just going to stick to TV style only on the DX's to have their own display.

I only got back into collecting again a couple of years ago so I am kind of starting fresh on valks so I do have options :)

Edited by Atomski
fixed typo

1 hour ago, Atomski said:

I only got back into collecting a couple of years ago so in many years starting fresh on valks so I do have options

Totally.  The beauty of collecting.  Personally, I don't like to collect for the sake of stock piling.  I prefer to have a system to display them.  Sounds like you're thinking the same way.

6 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

this is a joke post right?B))

hopefully they'll be some options down the line. i'll hold out.

36 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

you lost me

He's saying the Bandai missiles themselves are a ripoff, and wants to wait for the knockoff because they'll be a better value.  I'd have to agree.

I mean, unless you like paying $50 extra for something Yamato always included in their price.

Hell.. I bought entire VF-1s with missiles for less than Bandai wants for just the missiles.  They've turned nickeling and diming into an art form at this point. <_< 

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, orbitalharvest said:

if it makes ya feel any better, i had missed out on the initial pre-order madness.  racked with anxiety i caved and paid slightly more for this, but i passed on the max...  had to scratch the itch...

!s seems to be a lower print run.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

there will be. ^_^

i hope so:unsure:

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

He's saying the Bandai missiles themselves are a ripoff, and wants to wait for the knockoff because they'll be a better value.  I'd have to agree.

I mean, unless you like paying $50 extra for something Yamato always included in their price.

Hell.. I bought entire VF-1s with missiles for less than Bandai wants for just the missiles.  They've turned nickeling and diming into an art form at this point. <_< 

Exactly, it's like someone charging $15 for a pint of water, scalpers charge $30. then being glad it's back to $15 for a pint of water.

Bandai's typical maneuver. 

Metal Build line is even worse on how they nickel and dime you. I'm so used to it but will hold off on missiles. 50 bucks for missiles. geez

next: Bandai will put a premium edition on TV hands. 

all then need now is a white landing gear edition and i'm in.  

Edited by davidwhangchoi

As others have said, MyKombini has started asking for payment meaning the release of the VF-1S Hikaru will be soon.  I thought I'd post links to the stores that may start getting pre-orders cancelled (that also don't scalp):

HLJ: https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-the-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-use-bans55800

AmiAmi: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-049315

HobbySearch: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10616645

Amazon (General Product Listing): https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B07SH712YR/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new  

Stores that do "scalp" (by this I mean list pre-order above retail after an initial batch):

MyKombini: https://mykombini.com/en/november-2019/14762-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyou-custom-macross-do-you-remember-love-bandai-spirits-4573102558008.html - 28,990 Yen

Nippon-Yasan: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/28337-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom.html - 32,250 Yen

Hopefully these links will help people who were not able to score a pre-order.  Good luck!

10 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

!s seems to be a lower print run.

i hope so:unsure:

Exactly, it's like someone charging $15 for a pint of water, scalpers charge $30. then being glad it's back to $15 for a pint of water.

Bandai's typical maneuver. 

Metal Build line is even worse on how they nickel and dime you. I'm so used to it but will hold off on missiles. 50 bucks for missiles. geez

next: Bandai will put a premium edition on TV hands. 

all then need now is a white landing gear edition and i'm in.  

Of all things, these be the easiest to KO. After all the missile sets are the most basic of shapes, and don't even have any gimmicks or anything..

Only thing is whether any KO's come in weird sizing lol...

1 hour ago, gerwookie said:

I think Amazon says the 11-23 and so mykombini is charging a couple days before?

I'm banned from MyKombini because they couldn't get their act together on fixing my HMR VF-1A that had incorrect parts.  Good luck if you ever have anything go wrong with your order, they aren't very kind there when that happens.  They lost a lot of sales due to that.

6 hours ago, gerwookie said:

I think Amazon says the 11-23 and so mykombini is charging a couple days before?

Yes . Some stores request payment earlier , so if you do not pay , they will cancel your preorder and relist it for people that are still looking to get one .   N-Y does the same too .