Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

16 hours ago, peter said:

As a gun guy, I just wanted to pose the toy into positions I'm used to seeing.  I understand that the tech involved in a Valk more than likely does not require it to have a cheek weld, to have a forward c-clamp grip, or to pull the rifle in to its shoulder.

For me, it's just something different than what we're used to seeing (shooting from the hip a la *name your 80's action movie*).

I shot a few more poses with my other camera, just some fun stuff, will upload when I get back from Japan :)

it's cool, I like military accurate poses too. keep those photos coming :)

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Not you too, Robocop!

4blG.gif.45612e3ba0a0d7005be6e30eda2da2df.gif

"You can't just shoot a guy in the dick! that's not cool, Butters" - Cartman from Southpark

Post image

44 minutes ago, peter said:

Lol, rocking the duellies before I knew any better:IMAG0956.jpg.640b0c918b9c26feb2522eb6a9f4e0c6.jpg

hilarious

Question.

Regarding the upcoming PRE-Order madness when Roy's 1S will be up. Does anybody know if there is a customizable bot-shopping system out there akin to these: 
https://www.aiobot.com/
https://forcecop.com/

And a thought.... If all of us who are going to buy a Roy would pool together funds, say like 5$ each, to actually hire a Bot programmer to make a Bot for us to beat the scalpers at they're own game. Just a thought :ph34r:

1 hour ago, theraiden said:

Question.

Regarding the upcoming PRE-Order madness when Roy's 1S will be up. Does anybody know if there is a customizable bot-shopping system out there akin to these: 

And a thought.... If all of us who are going to buy a Roy would pool together funds, say like 5$ each, to actually hire a Bot programmer to make a Bot for us to beat the scalpers at they're own game. Just a thought :ph34r:

I'm in! I mean, just for screwing the scalpers i would be more than happy to put 5 dollars in. Even if i m not interested in the toy.

Also saw these:

20191112_132203.thumb.jpg.61feacdafce39a69b2b5a4c06e20c542.jpg

Wonder what's wrong with the 1/60 Roy.  Never seen it so cheap, apart from it being open box.

20191112_132639.thumb.jpg.2b80f1fb42502e9b9cf98ebb49bb785f.jpg

Guess I probably should have asked to look inside, maybe it was yellowed to crap or worse.

5 hours ago, gerwookie said:

Mykombini listing 11-17-2019 for vf-1s

This interests me.  

I'm hoping to find it in-store before I leave Japan, but I'm not hopeful.  Will be flying out of Haneda on the 19th.

14 hours ago, Ryoma said:

I'm in! I mean, just for screwing the scalpers i would be more than happy to put 5 dollars in. Even if i m not interested in the toy.

Ok, that's one. I have already reached out to two developers asking for a price quote and if it is doable :)

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

If you guys can make this happen I'm in.

1 hour ago, Tober said:

I'll chip in $5 if it helps securing a pre-order from HLJ or Hobby Search. :unsure:

32 minutes ago, GeneralTiki said:

I'd donate to this cause as well.

26 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Easily! 5 dollars is worth the pain saved.

24 minutes ago, gabuyan said:

Count me in too. If there's a way to overcome scalpers, I'm voting with my wallet...

Great! Seems to be enough interest in making this happen :) If any of you can think of programmers or developers that might be interested pm me and i will contact them if you don't want to do it yourself. I have now contacted 3 developers and if i get positive reply's from any of them i will post it here and we can figure things out together from there.

12 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Great! Seems to be enough interest in making this happen :) If any of you can think of programmers or developers that might be interested pm me and i will contact them if you don't want to do it yourself. I have now contacted 3 developers and if i get positive reply's from any of them i will post it here and we can figure things out together from there.

I tried to get something like this started a few months back but it didn't go anywhere. I'm hoping you can get something dialed in. I think it's crazy that we have such a large buying block here on the board and the opportunity to get organized and pool resources hasn't been taken advantage of. Collectively we have power. I'm guessing we represent a majority of the US market. We need to "unionize". 

I'm in for way more than $5.00 is this can happen. If it gets me PO pricing on some VF-1S Roys, fantastic. But if it only disrupts some scalpers and I get a fair/decent deal on some Roy's I'm good with that too!

I would suggest thinking about starting a dedicated thread.

Other collectors: “yeah that’s cool I might pick one up later.”

Macross fans: “we need to hire someone to write a program to buy us these figures the second they are available!”

I think there will be some available after release. Maybe not as many as the Max figure. 

Edited by jeniusornome

I researched purchasing bots after getting the life cart jacked out of me the last few DX preorders.

I got cold feet once I realized I would probably have to offer login and financial details to an application that I don’t understand, written by someone halfway around the world. That’s how identity theft occurs lol

Jokes aside, I’m sure there are precautions you can take but it was just too much trouble. I wish you all luck. If you enjoy any success I’m sure most of MWF will want to order via purchasing bot to avoid scalpers and loss of sleep!

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

19 hours ago, theraiden said:

Question.

Count me in on that!

1 hour ago, oshanmacross said:

I'm in,
Had no luck with the free ones like https://distill.io/ as they just create more Spam in my inbox.

Distill isn't a shopping bot, it's just a plugin that lets you know when a page updates.

Not very useful for pre-order madness, but helps when you're watching for things to show up on Mandarake or the like.

The folks you have to deal with to get this done seem shady to me.. I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to do some kind of negotiation with a vendor months before a release to hold some stock. I have no idea, just throwing out a random thought.