Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

I noticed that too. Maybe he uses paper craft to do quick mock-ups? Or they staged it that way intentionally. 

i feel like there’s a joke about space foods in here somewhere...

Or, he thought he would blow MW up and did it for fun.:p

Can you imagine the speculation he could induce by just placing a few small things in the background? He could ignite furious speculation in the Macross community with ease. I admire his restraint. I can't say I wouldn't have a little fun with the fan base.

12 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

I noticed that too. Maybe he uses paper craft to do quick mock-ups? Or they staged it that way intentionally. 

i feel like there’s a joke about space foods in here somewhere...

Or maybe it was a gift from a fan, or family member. Or maybe he is so blind/used to Macross stuff, someone replaced the original with a paper cut out, and he hasn't noticed.

Hm I noticed that this VF-1A does not have articulated hands, whereas the VF-1J appears to have articulated hands.  I guess the VF-1J is a limited more premium model than this one.   Still need to get my hands on a VF-1J Hikaru.

Also I noticed that the missile set, though separate, came out at what 4,400 yen or something now it's like over 10,000 yen.

Edited by rocketblast

1 hour ago, rocketblast said:

Hm I noticed that this VF-1A does not have articulated hands, whereas the VF-1J appears to have articulated hands.  I guess the VF-1J is a limited more premium model than this one.   Still need to get my hands on a VF-1J Hikaru.

Also I noticed that the missile set, though separate, came out at what 4,400 yen or something now it's like over 10,000 yen.

I’m don’t understand what you’re talking about regarding the hands.  It has articulated hands similar to the Vf-1J. I haven’t researched the MSRP of the missiles. But so would imagine 10000 yen is the aftermarket price. You should be able to get them again in the summer at regular MSRP plus proxy fees. 

2 hours ago, rocketblast said:

All Dx comes installed with articulated hands , it also come witha couple of  better looking fix posed hands .

price on the secondary market of p Bandai items is base on demand.  Price normally always go up .   You can get in on the preorder for the reissue of the missiles comes next summer .

9 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I’m don’t understand what you’re talking about regarding the hands.  It has articulated hands similar to the Vf-1J. I haven’t researched the MSRP of the missiles. But so would imagine 10000 yen is the aftermarket price. You should be able to get them again in the summer at regular MSRP plus proxy fees. 

The hands are not articulated, they are molded in place.  It appeared in photos like the ones that came with the vf-1j are articulated but I can be wrong though, as I don't own one to check.

edit: corrected in below post by F360.

Edited by rocketblast

23 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

The hands are not articulated, they are molded in place.  It appeared in photos like the ones that came with the vf-1j are articulated but I can be wrong though, as I don't own one to check.

these are the default articulated hands that are installed on every 1/48 dx chogokin vf.

9C502085-80DE-4F63-B346-AB3E02F2B7B7.thumb.jpeg.346a078ef4bd5fa21bb26c6aeb6a34db.jpeg

They also come with extra fixed pose hands.    You see people using the fixed pose hands in photos more because it just looks better .

42AB78C2-4CBB-4B12-8FB8-235E1EDA5AC9.jpeg.c2f88c6161a26fedb1bb8569141155c6.jpeg

3 hours ago, F360 said:

these are the default articulated hands that are installed on every 1/48 dx chogokin vf.

9C502085-80DE-4F63-B346-AB3E02F2B7B7.thumb.jpeg.346a078ef4bd5fa21bb26c6aeb6a34db.jpeg

They also come with extra fixed pose hands.    You see people using the fixed pose hands in photos more because it just looks better .

42AB78C2-4CBB-4B12-8FB8-235E1EDA5AC9.jpeg.c2f88c6161a26fedb1bb8569141155c6.jpeg

Ohhh okay I haven't transformed mine yet, thanks for pointing that out.  Awesome.

also thanks for the tip about the missile set, I will have to keep an eye out for that.

Well I believe everything F360 says he's been on this forum for a long time, I've seen his posts.  Seems like a knowledgeable person.  I'm willing to hold out that long and wait.  I ordered the fast pack armor, hopefully it fits on the VF-1A.  Though I know that TV model probably didn't have them and especially not strike packs, but I'll be putting the strike pack on mine anyway heh.  At least, until they release a Focker vf-1s.

5 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Well I believe everything F360 says he's been on this forum for a long time, I've seen his posts.  Seems like a knowledgeable person.  I'm willing to hold out that long and wait.  I ordered the fast pack armor, hopefully it fits on the VF-1A.  Though I know that TV model probably didn't have them and especially not strike packs, but I'll be putting the strike pack on mine anyway heh.  At least, until they release a Focker vf-1s.

Probably shouldn't trust me too much, :p  

but for Tamashii web exclusive items (P-Bandai) , the general rule I follow is Buy /Preorder first and then worry about it later.  ;)

I do not remember any DX exclusive accessory item ever being reissued for Macross.

With the way we have seen the super strike parts and now missiles reissued, it makes me wonder if this line was being studied for continuation vs the line of releases set up to go.  How close were we to not getting other releases if they had not blown off the shelves?

You have to admit, with not 1 but 2 accessories being reissued, it’s pretty significant.  What that significance means is up for debate.

Edited by Ridden001

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Paid for my VF-1S at NY :D

As in you PO'd it and they just sent you the "bill"? I don't know if the PO for that was full pay or not? Does this mean that they're getting ready to release?:yahoo:

I skipped on the 1s because it is overpriced, it doesn't come with missiles or fastpack armor set and costs almost 2x as much as the vf-1a.  Odd that bandai is price gouging like that.  It's just a different color valk with a different robot head.  If I'm mistaken on any of the above please correct me but that's how I see it.

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

The 1S costs the same 18,000 yen as the first two releases. I think what you're seeing is retailer mark up on a high demand item.

Ohhh okay thanks for letting me know.  Yeah I've seen them jump way up in price too quick then.  Yep just looked it up, $300+ at various sites but you're correct a lot of sites had it for around the 18,000 yen mark for pre-order.  Well I just want the yellow Focker variant anyway hopefully they release that one.  The red one indeed looks nice but I'm more partial to the VF-1A model for that color scheme in the movie.

Edited by rocketblast

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

NY PO was pay later. I secured one against all odds; was cart jacked everywhere else. 

NY has the release date as 11/23 but I chose slow shipping so I probably won’t have it until Xmas :)

Cool. Maybe I'll see mine before X Mas too!

16 hours ago, jenius said:

The 1S costs the same 18,000 yen as the first two releases. I think what you're seeing is retailer mark up on a high demand item.

16 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Ohhh okay thanks for letting me know.  Yeah I've seen them jump way up in price too quick then.  Yep just looked it up, $300+ at various sites but you're correct a lot of sites had it for around the 18,000 yen mark for pre-order.  Well I just want the yellow Focker variant anyway hopefully they release that one.  The red one indeed looks nice but I'm more partial to the VF-1A model for that color scheme in the movie.

You surprised me amptor!  I considered you a Macross collection veteran.  Pre-order night for the Hikaru's VF-1S was no joke.  Scalpers were relisting the 1S within minutes of securing their pre-orders for over double retail.  I would expect pre-order night for Roy's VF-1S to be the same or worse!