Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

20 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

Hi everyone:

Has anyone determined if the Yeti Stand adaptors for the DX Frontier valks are compatible with the DX 1/48 VF-1?  

You'll have to use the DX adapter designed for the Sv-262 because the 1/48 DX stand connector has an extra large base like the Sv-262's. Even then the fit isn't perfect, but it works.

212024882_valkyrietest0006.jpg.17772d83399ededbda67429baf44f6ab.jpg

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

You'll have to use the DX adapter designed for the Sv-262 because the 1/48 DX stand connector has an extra large base like the Sv-262's. Even then the fit isn't perfect, but it works.

212024882_valkyrietest0006.jpg.17772d83399ededbda67429baf44f6ab.jpg

Thank you for responding, I just bought the banking and standing adaptor for the 262.

Again, thank you for helping me.

On 10/26/2019 at 1:09 PM, Digitalfiend said:

I paid $32 CAD for my missile set from FromJapan and $49 CAD for my Max from AnimeExport.  Both shipments arrived in 2 business days.  AmazonJP definitely has the cheapest shipping at 1600 JPY for DHL.

Did you get dinged for duties and taxes for any of the packages?

32 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

Hi Mr. sh9000, just curious how many vf-1a max and vf-1j hikaru do you have in your collection?  I just bought my second max :) was 199 plus shipping (sold a free item on ebay for 79 yesterday so that money went toward my second 1/48 purchase :) )

I only have 2 of each.  1 DX VF-1A Max opened and 1 MISB.  1 DX VF-1J Hikaru opened and 1 MISB.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I only have 2 of each.  1 DX VF-1A Max opened and 1 MISB.  1 DX VF-1J Hikaru opened and 1 MISB.

Nice.  Do you have any plans on buying more than 2 of any future releases for diorama or etc?  Or customs?  Also any plans for panel lines on that VF-1J?  looks awesome with panel lines imo.

Edited by rocketblast

9 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Nice.  Do you have any plans on buying more than 2 of any future releases for diorama or etc?  Or customs?  Also any plans for panel lines on that VF-1J?  looks awesome with panel lines imo.

Only 1 to open and 1 to keep MISB for each release that I’m interested in.

First time posting here  - long time lurker.  Been super inspired by the modifications/enhancements done to others VF-1J toys, and I decided to share what I did to mine.  I think the weathering and panel lines, and the little bit of paint detail here and there really brings out the best of what Bandai made.  I love this thing so much.  Hope you guys enjoy.

1617477383_ImagefromiOS(1).thumb.jpg.435f0c369b312684a018c9564a786b08.jpg

Image from iOS (6).jpg

Image from iOS (5).jpg

Image from iOS (4).jpg

Image from iOS (3).jpg

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Image from iOS.jpg

14 minutes ago, GeneralTiki said:

First time posting here  - long time lurker.  Been super inspired by the modifications/enhancements done to others VF-1J toys, and I decided to share what I did to mine.  I think the weathering and panel lines, and the little bit of paint detail here and there really brings out the best of what Bandai made.  I love this thing so much.  Hope you guys enjoy.

Image from iOS (6).jpg

Image from iOS (5).jpg

Image from iOS (4).jpg

Image from iOS (3).jpg

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Image from iOS.jpg

Welcome aboard!! Great job on the panel lining. B))

45 minutes ago, GeneralTiki said:

Image from iOS (6).jpg

Image from iOS (5).jpg

Image from iOS (4).jpg

Image from iOS (3).jpg

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Image from iOS.jpg

Well done! Wish I had the skill for that. I see you’re working on Max too?

45 minutes ago, GeneralTiki said:

Image from iOS (4).jpg

Great job! :good:

1 hour ago, GeneralTiki said:

Image from iOS (6).jpg

Image from iOS (5).jpg

Image from iOS (4).jpg

Image from iOS (3).jpg

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Image from iOS.jpg

This legitimately makes me want to buy another to have commissioned. Holy Moly.

5 hours ago, GeneralTiki said:

Image from iOS (6).jpg

Image from iOS (5).jpg

Image from iOS (4).jpg

Image from iOS (3).jpg

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Image from iOS.jpg

Nice work @GeneralTiki ! :good:The oil streaked wing swing area looks streaked just enough!

3 hours ago, treatment said:

semi-Joons DX...

semi-joons-dx.thumb.jpg.c48bd64c960ae5792f2a518a3025f3c7.jpg

will have to wait for DYRL Max to make proper Joons-DX...

:bump:

LOL What the! How do they look in fighter? :lol:

Thanks guys - yes, I've got Max's VF-1A on the bench.  That's the one that really moved me to do this, as I think it seems bland in comparison to the out-of-the-box VF-1J.  

The small details you aren't really seeing in these pics (the landing gear wells, cockpit, airbrake, etc.) took more "skill" than the most obvious improvement - which is a wash to bring out the panel lines and add a layer of grime.   Anyone can do this...check this out: (I highly recommend this company as well - try a mix of 2/3 Dark Dirt and 1/3 Black - and make sure to mask the cockpit:

https://www.florymodels.org/washes

As an aside - if anyone knows how to remove the cockpit glass - I'm all ears.  I took every screw out of the thing, and was able to remove the nose/cockpit, but wasn't able to figure out how to get the glass loose.   I pulled it just hard enough to make me really uncomfortable before giving up and masking it off.

Edited by GeneralTiki