Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Right.  Thanks for supporting my reply.  But to @Lolicon's point, there are only 4 colors in the box and the pic of Hikkie 1A clearly shows 011 instead of his 1S 001.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Since the Strike Parts are coming with the Hikaru 001 designation, my guess is that Hikaru's VF-1A will include the 011 Skull emblem. :D

2084391708_ScreenShot2019-10-24at3_22_42PM.png.bc6d2f7d5c2d28fe4f62063c44efd62a.png

Edited by Saburo

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They might re-issue super/strike parts in the future with more inserts, or just include the inserts themselves with the VF-1, if it's one that needs a new insert.

Shhh, you're making too much sense, they'll never do that. :p 

Actually, going forward with DYRL releases, I bet they would include the piece with a Hikaru 1A or Max 1S.

On the other hand though, I'm really happy they included so many with each strike pack set, because that means we'll all have gobs of spare roundels to paint up in alternative markings. ^_^  I'm definitely thinking of doing a set with plain kites, as well as a some of the other ones we saw in DYRL.. I think there was a spade design, as well as a couple of arrow shapes?  Would go perfectly with a DYRL CF.

7 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

So unless you preordered 4 or more sets of super strike parts, your squad won’t have strike parts because they were an exclusive release.

Here ya go:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/28386-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1-strike-super-parts-set-limited-edition.html

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Shhh, you're making too much sense, they'll never do that. :p 

Actually, going forward with DYRL releases, I bet they would include the piece with a Hikaru 1A or Max 1S.

On the other hand though, I'm really happy they included so many with each strike pack set, because that means we'll all have gobs of spare roundels to paint up in alternative markings. ^_^  I'm definitely thinking of doing a set with plain kites, as well as a some of the other ones we saw in DYRL.. I think there was a spade design, as well as a couple of arrow shapes?  Would go perfectly with a DYRL CF.

I kind of wish they'd put the kite on the opposite side of the roundels, so you could pop them in either side. BUt then they'll likely just release those with a TV super set later.

Any more info on the interior detailing?

15 hours ago, derex3592 said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN...  Somebody wake me when we're past DYRL releases and onto something like a TV Cannon Fodder or TV Roy or maybe even a tweaked design for a VF-1D

Why would you want to sleep away two years of your life?

16 minutes ago, MacrossDYRL said:

Just got notification of release date change from Nippon Yasan for VF-1S DYRL hikky - changed from 11/30 to 11/23, about a month to go!

Welllll....  just because NY has changed the date doesn't necessarily mean we'll receive it right away.  They tend to be delayed sometimes a couple of weeks after release.  I know that threw me for a curve ball when I started using them over the past year.

2 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Only Amazon JP delivers Valks in 3 days everyone else a week to a month.

Oh how I love me some AJ when I can use them.  I had scored Max on PO night through NY.  Then, I had scored him a second time directly from AJ at release.  My AJ arrived like a week or more before NY.  I don't think anyone can match their service from a Macross standpoint when made available with Global Ship.

I was just having a conversation on another board and this thought came up:  What if DYRL 1A Hikkie is a TWE release bundled with his Strike Parts?  That actually makes more sense than Bandai including only his insert with its release.  It's possible that they just include the insert with the Strike Parts at release, but I have to imagine that this has been planned for some time considering the rest of the Squad has been included in the Strike Parts from day one.  Also, the Tamashii Nations event displays the Strike Parts without including 011.  I really think Hikkie's 1A will be a TWE release bundled with his Strike.

25 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I was just having a conversation on another board and this thought came up:  What if DYRL 1A Hikkie is a TWE release bundled with his Strike Parts?  That actually makes more sense than Bandai including only his insert with its release.  It's possible that they just include the insert with the Strike Parts at release, but I have to imagine that this has been planned for some time considering the rest of the Squad has been included in the Strike Parts from day one.  Also, the Tamashii Nations event displays the Strike Parts without including 011.  I really think Hikkie's 1A will be a TWE release bundled with his Strike.

This is what I thought they were going to do with the Focker release, but since we're seeing the black emblem, I guess that is out.  So maybe it is really Hikaru 1A that will be the bundle, instead.

It would also be funny if we're doing all this guessing and scheming, and the red 011 emblems are in a baggy taped under the tray when we get the super/strike parts. :D

But we're also missing the UN Spacy kite emblem for the packs.  Does that mean we're getting a separate TV super part release, with TV-accurate arm armor and UN Spacy kite emblem?  Who knows?

2 hours ago, Alex GS said:

so it does have removable cover, I was waiting to know that since the first time those were announced:

Seriously I wouldn't mind Bandai added the parts alongside the Valk with the extra cost, lost opportunity I think.  

image.png.a41e35e49a7cefff80ec78ca6833845a.png

Oh man. Half an engine for the booster pack 

3 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

This is what I thought they were going to do with the Focker release, but since we're seeing the black emblem, I guess that is out.  So maybe it is really Hikaru 1A that will be the bundle, instead.

It would also be funny if we're doing all this guessing and scheming, and the red 011 emblems are in a baggy taped under the tray when we get the super/strike parts. :D

But we're also missing the UN Spacy kite emblem for the packs.  Does that mean we're getting a separate TV super part release, with TV-accurate arm armor and UN Spacy kite emblem?  Who knows?

They have already teased separate TV super parts back in the day... but they also teased more TV hands at the same time and instead threw a bunch of DYRL hands in the tray with the TV releases. 

Edited by jenius

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Only Amazon JP delivers Valks in 3 days everyone else a week to a month.

That is because of the shipping service used.  (DHL)

For other website/stores , if you choose  EMS, DHL, UPS, FEDEX,,. you will get it around that time frame too. 

This is just about shipping speed, not about the time it takes to get your package shipped.   Even for Amazon.jp. it can take a week to get your package shipped out.

22 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Uhh... do my eyes deceive me or is the booster pack mostly hollow?  I see a little bit of engine detail right next to the nozzle, but then a whole lot of nothing where more engine should be.  

I'm really starting to think Bandai skimped out on internal detail on these parts.  And they are a separate accessory even...

maybe they left that part hollow so you can store the unused skull logos.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, jenius said:

They have already teased separate TV super parts back in the day... but they also teased more TV hands at the same time and instead through a bunch of DYRL hands in the tray with the TV releases. 

I actually assumed the big TV hands were probably a teaser for the eventual GBP-1 armor set.  They could still pack them in with the TV-style super packs.

12 hours ago, F360 said:

That is because of the shipping service used.  (DHL)

For other website/stores , if you choose  EMS, DHL, UPS, FEDEX,,. you will get it around that time frame too. 

This is just about shipping speed, not about the time it takes to get your package shipped.   Even for Amazon.jp. it can take a week to get your package shipped out.

FromJapan uses EMS and I got my VF-1A delivered in 2 business days to Ontario, Canada.  I was quite impressed.

10 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it for EMS? just curious.

I paid $32 CAD for my missile set from FromJapan and $49 CAD for my Max from AnimeExport.  Both shipments arrived in 2 business days.  AmazonJP definitely has the cheapest shipping at 1600 JPY for DHL.

Edited by Digitalfiend