Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Now which DX 1s is everyone trying to get? Hikaru or Roy (if Bandai decides to give all of us a curveball -  maybe Max 1s). :rolleyes:

Hikaru 1S - what else?

Suggesting anything other means one is living in denial of awesomeness.

9 hours ago, borgified said:

Now which DX 1s is everyone trying to get? Hikaru or Roy (if Bandai decides to give all of us a curveball -  maybe Max 1s). :rolleyes:

I managed to secure a preorder for Hikaru's 1S, and it's the one I wanted. More than Roy's 1S (we can all agree it's the most iconic one).

Just fiddled again with the DX VF-1J, and one very nice thing Bandai did was to give great detailing to the intake fans. Fitting issue aside of the intake covers, the molding detail and the paint of the fans look really nice.

It was one area which I was disappointed with on the DX VF-31, and so I never take off the intake covers for those. A bit of head scratcher, since intake fan detailing and paint was present in their DX VF-19 Advance, but the subsequent DX VF-31 regressed back to the VF-25 Renewals in terms of being unpainted.

Finally have my refund from PayPal for my failed PO from an Ebay seller.

My order of 1A from an Yahoo Japan seller via FromJapan is still not delivered. The seller is not responding to message (via FromJapan), so I think this is definitely a fraud too.

I am naive and fooled into complacency due to many successful order via Ebay and Yahoo Japan seller of existing items.

Will be very careful when doing PO from "non-standard" or verified big name sellers. Hope my lesson is a good reminder to fellow members here.

My choices are limited. I could try to dispute this charge on my CC. But I have 6 DX strike pack on order from Baidai via From Japan that will be deliver next year April. So it is not wise to cut tie with FromJapan.

I am cheap and only paid for the basic forwarding plan with no protection. That is costing me now. FromJapan just refuse to help with any problem with basic forwarding plan. I kind of disappointed with that. I have over 10K order through them and that means nothing it seems.

My rule, when it comes to FromJapan is I only use basic forwarding when it's something from Bandai or another reliable retailer.

Anything that's questionable, like a Yahoo Japan Auction seller that's worth paying proxy and international shipping for is worth paying the extra $4 for.

54 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

My rule, when it comes to FromJapan is I only use basic forwarding when it's something from Bandai or another reliable retailer.

Anything that's questionable, like a Yahoo Japan Auction seller that's worth paying proxy and international shipping for is worth paying the extra $4 for.

Lesson learned the hard way. :( 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That is probably the most cost effective rule to follow .  

I actually use their 700 yen plan for everything even Bandai stuff . Just Incase something might happen with my Bandai shipment . If I’m using them I’m gonna preorder more than 1.  

I’m one of those guys that adds tracking to everything too so it’s almost like paying the 400 yens for the Sal small packet tracking .  

I don't bother with it for most of my P-Bandai proxy orders, though for some stuff (like my order of 3x Sylpheed armors, or 4x DX Strike packs) I'll put it on anyway as the order is expensive enough to warrant it.

Things like a $20 HG Leo kit, it's not really worth it.

4 hours ago, kkx said:

Finally have my refund from PayPal for my failed PO from an Ebay seller.

My order of 1A from an Yahoo Japan seller via FromJapan is still not delivered. The seller is not responding to message (via FromJapan), so I think this is definitely a fraud too.

I am naive and fooled into complacency due to many successful order via Ebay and Yahoo Japan seller of existing items.

Will be very careful when doing PO from "non-standard" or verified big name sellers. Hope my lesson is a good reminder to fellow members here.

My choices are limited. I could try to dispute this charge on my CC. But I have 6 DX strike pack on order from Baidai via From Japan that will be deliver next year April. So it is not wise to cut tie with FromJapan.

I am cheap and only paid for the basic forwarding plan with no protection. That is costing me now. FromJapan just refuse to help with any problem with basic forwarding plan. I kind of disappointed with that. I have over 10K order through them and that means nothing it seems.

Depending on how much you are losing out , and if you do decide to dispute all charges with fromjapan since there’s a high chance they will no longer honor your other preorders after this dispute.  Then at least there will be other proxy you can use.

so for you , is the future with fromjapan worth the money you will loose? 

Also the seller might have gotten a cold and ended up in the hospital, or even worse mia,

it might not be a scammer until their yahoo iD is unregistered.

I never pay extra for any insurance. That's what credit cards are for. If I ever have to use it and some company wants to ban me for doing so, that's a company I probably wouldn't want to deal with in the future anyways. This would be determined the moment they force me to use my credit card protection.

Edited by Slave IV

24 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I never pay extra for any insurance. That's what credit cards are for. If I ever have to use it and some company wants to ban me for doing so, that's a company I probably wouldn't want to deal with in the future anyways. This would be determined the moment they force me to use my credit card protection.

Do you want to pay for insurance?

No.

Your item didn't arrive.

I'm getting my money back from my credit card company. Enjoy that bill I'm stiffing you with.

Please don't shop here any more

F you you disreputable chumps!

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

Do you want to pay for insurance?

No.

Your item didn't arrive.

I'm getting my money back from my credit card company. Enjoy that bill I'm stiffing you with.

Please don't shop here any more

F you you disreputable chumps!

Haha, good point! But it all depends on why my item didn't arrive. So far, the only times I've ever had to get anyone involved in returning my money is when the people I purchased from did not even send out the items I paid for and did not respond to refund me. In those cases, absolutely F those disreputable companies.:D

4 hours ago, kkx said:

Lesson learned the hard way. :( 

I think I'm in exactly the same position as you.  I made the mistake of assuming scammers were limited to Ebay and if an auction price was high, it couldn't be a scam.  Misery loves company, I hope...

Sorry for causing some OT discussion, but maybe other who want to PO future VF-1 DX can benefit from this discussion I hope.

This is more straight forward if it is a company that I buy from directly.

Since the "sinner" is the seller (ok, maybe he is in hospital for a month, so will wait before I stick him/her with any names, but at this point, I assume he/she is at "fault"), it is not fair to let FromJapan suffer the cost.

I do blame myself for not choosing a "better" seller and pay for insurance/protection. But I am also upset and have some questions.

Maybe I am spoiled by Ebay and PayPal and expect something similar from Yahoo Japan. I am not sure how much money FromJapan get from just their "Basic Forwarding Plan". But I somehow expect that when things goes wrong, even the basic plan do deserve some support to get help from Yahoo Japan.

I know their policy is stated clearly from the onset that the "Basic Plan" will get nothing or no help. It still does not make me feel too happy about their service.

And Yahoo Japan might or might not offer buyer protection as good as Ebay.

So, will beware in future.

@SMS_Skull_Leader I am still deciding what to do. I paid in June, so will have a bit of time before my CC company refuse to help. But my experience with them is not good. This particular CC company is not as good as other (such as Amex). Apart from future convenient of service provided by FromJapan, I also feel that I need to feel "right" causing FromJapan to suffer. Total paid is USD$205, not something I cannot afford to loose, but just feel bad about it even though me being naive is the main reason for this.

Given how their service is setup (forcing payment of 700 yen vs 200 yen to have protection) I am reconsidering if they are the best service. As I said before, not sure if basic plan deserve to be treated like this.

17 minutes ago, Jwwu said:

I think I'm in exactly the same position as you.  I made the mistake of assuming scammers were limited to Ebay and if an auction price was high, it couldn't be a scam.  Misery loves company, I hope...

Sorry to hear that. I hope others will be more careful due to our experience.

8 minutes ago, kkx said:

Given how their service is setup (forcing payment of 700 yen vs 200 yen to have protection) I am reconsidering if they are the best service. As I said before, not sure if basic plan deserve to be treated like this.

If you don't mind handling the ordering and such yourself you can use Tenso, flat ¥300 fee.

Of course, they also won't talk to the seller on your behalf. But on the upside you pay for the items directly, rather than thru Tenso, so you can charge-back without Tenso giving a crap. [disclaimer: Tenso addresses are not accepted for shipping from P-Bandai/Tamashii Web Exclusive Store]

Personally I keep using FromJapan, because even at ¥700 flat fee they're still cheaper than the other proxies. ZenMarket for instance doesn't charge any fee, they just charge you a percentage every time you pay for anything through them. Ends up much higher.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Yeah, FromJapan has been very good to me. I accidentally bought the full insurance once and it worked out BEAUTIFULLY for me. It was the one thing I got from a Japanese auction that was clearly misrepresented and they made everything totally right. 

And I was just teasing Slave IV. I think there are some people on these boards that use Paypal or Credit Card protections to basically act with ill intent toward retailers (by ditching  shipping or service insurance because they know they can screw the retailer if things don't go there way) but there are certainly plenty of other times where retailers drop the ball and try to bully customers. 

Just now, Anasazi37 said:

Forget the puny DX valks! I want this, which is being created for the upcoming Tamashii event. I’d find room for it in my house...somewhere. 

7082f1ec.jpg

I think we're a little bit past 1/48 here, haha.

I love this. I've seen them do lifesize statues mimicking the Dragon Ball Figuarts for shows but I'm REALLY hoping duplicating their mechs becomes a thing. 

15 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Forget the puny DX valks! I want this, which is being created for the upcoming Tamashii event. I’d find room for it in my house...somewhere. 

7082f1ec.jpg

I would do something really stupid like buy this.:blink::rofl:

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Yeah, FromJapan has been very good to me. I accidentally bought the full insurance once and it worked out BEAUTIFULLY for me. It was the one thing I got from a Japanese auction that was clearly misrepresented and they made everything totally right. 

And I was just teasing Slave IV. I think there are some people on these boards that use Paypal or Credit Card protections to basically act with ill intent toward retailers (by ditching  shipping or service insurance because they know they can screw the retailer if things don't go there way) but there are certainly plenty of other times where retailers drop the ball and try to bully customers. 

Haha yeah, all good! I generally just expect people to do their jobs. If they are incompetent or worse, fraudulent, they don’t deserve my money. In the case of FromJapan and a third party seller, your insurance is basically paying for FromJapan’s insurance or other means of recouping. As a major business, I’m sure they will either get their money back directly from the seller, their own creditors or insurance. Even if you don’t purchase their insurance, I would be surprised if they didn’t go after some compensation for non-delivery of goods they paid for. 

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

7082f1ec.jpg

it is 95% beautiful, except for the joint where the arm meets the chest. . It is just a square bar, lol. Other than that, it looks amazing, but I'd never have one... Everything i own MUST transform, if it is meant to transform. Just me.

Hey @jenius, I know you're a master scaler. What scale are the GN-U DOU non transforming Macross plus bots? Are they about 1/82 scale?, as they are about the same size as the HMR when you stand them next to each other. I have the weathered trio, which will soon be for sale. Or maybe I'll keep them, but they don't transform :(

Edited by vlenhoff

13 hours ago, jenius said:

Hey guys, I did this vid:

Curious what improvements you think I should do the format since I'll probably do something very similar with the DX and Yamato 1/48 when the 1S Hikaru is released. 

Cool vid.  Suggestion: compare the Yammie 1/48 vs 1/60 v2 vs DX, since the DX seems like amalgamation of the two other than the shoulders, hands, ankles, and of course that swing bar joint.  

I personally can't really choose between these two. Both the YAmmie 1/60 and the DX are beautiful to behold, but what i don't get, if why the 1/60 and the DX wont do the fighter mode like the Yammie 1/48 does. That part, were backpack meets the legs at the back, is the best part of the Yammie 1/48. It is tight, and it looks just like it did in the animation. Even the HMR has that tiny gap back there for some reason.

The weirdest thing is I have seen that little gap even in non transforming fighters. Maybe i am just neat picking...

Edited by vlenhoff