Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

13 hours ago, spanner said:

All of your poses are fantastic! :good:

12 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Thanks!

And your videos are annoyingly convincing.

I bought Max from AMJ last night after watching your review. I've been resisting after missing out on reasonably priced VF-1Js and every email notification I get from this thread pushed me closer and closer to the edge. But I was steadfast in needing/wanting to have a set that included 1J or nothing at all. Narp. Not anymore, I'm in.

1 hour ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

I bought Max from AMJ last night after watching your review. I've been resisting after missing out on reasonably priced VF-1Js and every email notification I get from this thread pushed me closer and closer to the edge. But I was steadfast in needing/wanting to have a set that included 1J or nothing at all. Narp. Not anymore, I'm in.

Hahaha, @Kuma Style has sold me on tons of stuff from watching his videos and pictures.

1 hour ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

21 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hahaha, @Kuma Style has sold me on tons of stuff from watching his videos and pictures.

Well thank you guys and I'll say I don't like the head on the 1A much at all but the DX VF-1 base is so damned amazing that ultimately it supersedes even my dislike of that. I don't know if I'll end up "all in" but I can certainly see myself ending up with 4 or 5 variants when it's all said and done just because it's that great of a piece to revisit and truly doesn't have a bad display mode from an aesthetic standpoint.

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

Well thank you guys and I'll say I don't like the head on the 1A much at all but the DX VF-1 base is so damned amazing that ultimately it supersedes even my dislike of that. I don't know if I'll end up "all in" but I can certainly see myself ending up with 4 or 5 variants when it's all said and done just because it's that great of a piece to revisit and truly doesn't have a bad display mode from an aesthetic standpoint.

I've grown to really like the 1A head. Probably because most my collection is of the 1S and 1J heads. Something about that big lens and unicorn laser is a nice change.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I've grown to really like the 1A head. Probably because most my collection is of the 1S and 1J heads. Something about that big lens and unicorn laser is a nice change.

I really like the 1a head cuz it's realistic.  If it were in the real world, like the cameras attached to the bottom of spy planes or copters, you'd put the biggest sets of lenses, and the 1a has the biggest window and set of lenses, other than the elintseeker, which has the most realistic head imo.  The 1j and 1s head have such small lens.  

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I had the same reaction with the 1J. Probably because my collection in the past was mostly DYRL based. Now my collection is just the DX VF-1J, HMR VT-1 and DX VF-1S Hikaru + Strike on order. MUST RESIST VF-1A AND IT'S SUPER COOL EYE LENS!

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That's fair and if I were in the same position I might lean towards the same but as is it just doesn't do it for me like the 1J.  TBF I don't really like the 1S head either.

I've got four Arcadia valks 3 1Js and a 1S, so I wanted a 1A for the shelf.

I don't think I want to go "all in" on this line either, they're just so big. But I'd consider a Max DYRL 1S variant, and I'd probably jump on a 1D as well. Always been partial to the 1D for some reason.

Edited by jeniusornome

On 10/3/2019 at 2:37 AM, Lolicon said:

I laid down a coat of primer before using some white Tamiya paint (they're lacquer-based). Then just did a standard wash before putting a clear coating over the whole thing.

Yeah it's a lot of steps, which is why I wish Bandai would just paint them from the start. <_<

Hello, I would like to ask you how you primed those landing gears? Do you use an airbrush and masking tapes? I would like to do the same but I don't have an airbrush, and the masking involved to spay prime them is too tedious. I guess my question sums up to this: do you or does anyone know of a good primer that can be brushed on?

WOW...I decided to check my eBay preorder from seller japan-exclusive and I see that the account is no longer a registered user. Received several negative feedback last few months coming from 100% when I placed the order. Guess I'm SOL w/ this line, now I'm stuck with a missile and SSP set. Heads up to others who may have purchased from that seller...

So is my only course of action now to dispute thru PayPal, eBay, or my credit card? Will I get my refund if I placed the order in July or am I royally screwed?

Edited by canklebreaker

12 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

WOW...I decided to check my eBay preorder from seller japan-exclusive and I see that the account is no longer a registered user. Received several negative feedback last few months coming from 100% when I placed the order. Guess I'm SOL w/ this line, now I'm stuck with a missile and SSP set. Heads up to others who may have purchased from that seller...

So is my only course of action now to dispute thru PayPal, eBay, or my credit card? Will I get my refund if I placed the order in July or am I royally screwed?

Don't panick. Dispute in order of the connection, which is eBay, PayPal, CC. You will most likely get it taken care of in the first step when eBay sees the seller is gone.

Edited by Slave IV

2 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

WOW...I decided to check my eBay preorder from seller japan-exclusive and I see that hes no longer a registered user. Received several negative feedback last few months coming from 100% when I placed the order. Guess I'm SOL w/ this line, now I'm stuck with a missile and SSP set. Heads up to others who may have purchased from that seller...

So is my only course of action now to dispute thru PayPal or my credit card? Will I get my refund if I placed the order in July?

I ordered the VF-1A through a website: japanexclusive.onck.net, I suppose it's the same seller

I emailed him a first time on 9/19, having no news from him and item being released. He answered on 9/23, telling me to wait 48 hours after confirmation. I emailed him back asking him what confirmation he was talking about. No news. I waited 5 days to email him back telling him I was beginning to worry. He answered saying that the item would be shipped on 10/15.

So, I must say I'm not very confident on this one. I am used to chinese sellers going rogue on ebay (I mostly buy 3rd party Transformers), but this is new to me.

The thing is I paid with Paypal, and since we have 180 days to file a claim (I purchased the toy in june), I should be refunded. But I'm afraid that if he doesn't ship my toy, and I want to buy another one elsewhere, prices will come up significantly. People will tell me to secure another one while prices are still reasonable, but I can't afford it...

7 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Yea, total disappointment. Doubt I'll be able to secure one at a reasonable price now...I give up. Contacting PP now being that eBay can't seem to open up a dispute. Right before my b-day too :(

I have also paid this same seller for a VF-1S DX.

Have a case open with PayPal since Sept 26th, so expecting to get a decision from PayPal anytime now (they contact the seller and allow 10days for a response, which I don't think they receive till today).

Just open a case at PayPal and escalate immediately then wait for 10days.

It is still not a sure thing until I see my money back, but I fully expect PayPal to side with me and refund my money.

6 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Yea, I'm certain we'll be covered by PP, 10 day waiting game at this point.

Just so disappointing that people can be such scumbags and that we won't be receiving the figure after waiting months on an empty promise.

Yup, this sucks, I know.

Don't let this spoil our b'day.

I am not too worry, on release day or near release day, we will have another chance. Worst case it will be more than the $249 we paid the scumbag. But not something that I would be pulling my hair out about. Trying to stay clam and just enjoy the toy.

Max is really nice and I look forward to the next one.

Welp!

I now joined the DX Max-1A club...

VF-1A-Max-Jenius.thumb.jpg.74617abbaec42e70e646ed46e95853b7.jpg

Wasn't really planning on getting it since I couldn't get the amz-jp direct pricing and DWC ain't gonna gift me one, but saw a marketplace-seller that was selling it ok enough in total pricing:

amj-dx1a.jpg.a3ee51c72090be5a284bb1fca4c73a96.jpg

Marketplace-seller was not DWC, i think...

:bump:

8 hours ago, Sayroll said:

Hello, I would like to ask you how you primed those landing gears? Do you use an airbrush and masking tapes? I would like to do the same but I don't have an airbrush, and the masking involved to spay prime them is too tedious. I guess my question sums up to this: do you or does anyone know of a good primer that can be brushed on?

I just mask the landing gear bays and spray them. No way around it. Bandai makes it impossible to disassemble them otherwise it would be really easy to just deal with the metal landing gear by itself. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I just mask the landing gear bays and spray them. No way around it. Bandai makes it impossible to disassemble them otherwise it would be really easy to just deal with the metal landing gear by itself. 

The metal looks very glossy, any problem with paint adhesion? Can I  just prime with normal Mr. color primer (500?) before the white.

Come to think of it, I have mr white primer too, maybe just go straight with that and than semi glass top coat to kill the flat matt of the white primer. Will that works?

5 minutes ago, kkx said:

The metal looks very glossy, any problem with paint adhesion? Can I  just prime with normal Mr. color primer (500?) before the white.

Come to think of it, I have mr white primer too, maybe just go straight with that and than semi glass top coat to kill the flat matt of the white primer. Will that works?

You can't use normal primer. You need metal primer, so that it sticks on the metal.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks for your answer. I guess I was expecting a magical solution...So out comes the masking tape!