Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

17 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I also often don't open stuff immediately when it arrives at my door. I have 2x sets of 31 armors that have yet to be opened, among other things. Still haven't opened my 19Fs or 17Ds yet. I bought the 19s in 2017. :wacko:

I do make a point to open and check the DX VF-1s immediately now after getting Bandai'ed on one of my 1J s. Same with Arcadia, after the 0 leg debacle. 

What is the defect with the 1J?

17 hours ago, Digitalfiend said:

Now that I think about it, I guess I'm the same but with board games and miniatures...my collection of Legion, 40K, Bolt Action, Flames of War, etc that I have left to paint is ridiculous; not to mention all the cool board games I bought to play with my wife and daughter, many of which haven't been opened.  Sort of went crazy the past couple of years when I rediscovered the hobby.  We only had Risk, Monopoly, and the occasional cool game like HeroQuest/Space Hulk and Car Wars when I was growing up, so the explosion of cool board games over the past little while has been hard to resist. :)

I hear it is a common thing for software developers to want to build something concrete...so that's my excuse.  Now I've got a LOT to build and paint and sometimes it feels overwhelming haha.

I'm trying not to go nuts with these Macross toys...you guys don't make it easy with all your pictures. :D

Did you see the new Bandai Warhammer kit?

17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, I have at least four large boxes full of model kits I haven't built yet. All of them are Star Wars figures.

me too back log

16 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Hahaha, then you're like Star Wars with how I am with Gundam and other mecha, LOL. I love star wars but I had to stop at 1/6th, regular figurine collectibles years ago. I was just lucky I spared myself from star wars model kits. XD

me too

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Actually, exchanges are often difficult even in Japan... and refunds are almost unheard of, unless it's an American company (like Toys 'R' Us).

You've gotta fight tooth-and-nail to get that kind of service from a retailer.

also no replacement since dx is out of stock for 1s and 1j

Some of this info might be old news to you guys with 1j:

I cracked open my dx Max.  It's so cool.  I really like the lens/eye, it's detail is sweet, all the little cameras - it looks like this is a spy plane for taking aerial shots of enemy territory when the head is hanging low in fighter mode.   The blue is even sweeter in hand than in the photos.  No double shoulders.   Cone is not loose, though I think peeps said it was on 1j.  The swing bar joint is not loose - the previous one I handled in store was loose.  I wasn't sure about this color scheme, since it's almost all plain white from above, but all the tampo markings remind me of Takara Masterpiece seekers - no step markings everywhere.  But the head doesn't have the arrow that my 1/60 v2 Hikaru 1a has that points forward (another member posted a pic of a custom with the yellow arrows on the sides of the 1a head that point towards the lens).  Intakes are nicely painted a metallic steel color.  Wings aligned level to each other in battroid and fighter.  A stance in gerwalk is the most of any macross toy so far.  Transformation is like the Yammie except for the shoulders which are the improvement from HMR- easy to transform, not like some Transformers with too many steps.  So much heft makes the yammies seem like model kits.  

Some things I noted: the legs are longer/taller than my 1j yammie, the cockpit is shorter and the cape/wings longer to the tip of the cockpit in battroid mode.  The proportions look more like the 1/60 ver 2.  But the legs are beefy like the 1/48 yammie.  Elbows are not ratcheted but the Yammie is.  The antennae is too long, it barely fits the opening in transformation sequence, though I like the "neck" more than the yammie.    6 hands that are DYRL? 2 hands that are TV for a TV release?  I don't mind the DYRL hands, just weird for the color scheme.  Where's the seat that pops up from the head?  Even the HMR has it now.  The joystick is so big it looks like it's for a 747 compared to Max.  The DYRL pilots are probably gonna be huge if Bandai does it like the HMR.  Finally middle fingers on Macross!

Really nice addition to my collection.  I think I'd collect more if orders are like this Max (and not like preorder madness).  A low viz Bandai and a M&M 1j.  Though I think the 1j and 1s aftermarket prices are ridiculous, if they rerelease, I'd order.  

I didn't order the fast packs or missiles yet.  Now that I have a Max, when and where should I order them from (without rip off prices)?

Edited by beatsing
typos

aww shucks.  I really like that battroid seat.  

One feature that the newer design valks and even the Alpha Mospeada Riobot make the cockpit upright position, but the VF1 seats rotate vertically and elevator up to the head for the battroid seat scene.  The only Kawamori design I've seen do this is his Takara Masterpiece Starscream where the seat rotates vertically in robot mode and horizontal position in fighter mode.  Do you guys know why?

3 minutes ago, beatsing said:

aww shucks.  I really like that battroid seat.  

One feature that the newer design valks and even the Alpha Mospeada Riobot make the cockpit upright position, but the VF1 seats rotate vertically and elevator up to the head for the battroid seat scene.  The only Kawamori design I've seen do this is his Takara Masterpiece Starscream where the seat rotates vertically in robot mode and horizontal position in fighter mode.  Do you guys know why?

Blood?

16 minutes ago, beatsing said:

I dunno why blood?  My question is why do the more recent valk and mospeada designs have upright/rotating cockpits when Kawamori also designed the MP Starscream so that only the pilot seat rotates.  

I thought you were looking for a reason why you would rotate/move the seats in real life. My brain went to G forces.

20 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

@davidwhangchoi loves his VF-1’s!! Congrats!  Still debating on going down the 1/48 rabbit hole. :clapping:

if you ever get into em, i prob end up selling one my extras to you:good:  you are a great customer/collector.  love your displays and how you go all out.

3 minutes ago, F360 said:

:lol:, in their sealed box, or in their sealed packaging boxes. :ph34r:.

haha:lol:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I thought you were looking for a reason why you would rotate/move the seats in real life. My brain went to G forces.

I see your point - blood rush to the head.  Would a moving/rotating cockpit be different from a rotating seat for G forces?  I don't know much about physics.  The dx vf31 and vf4 and mospeada Alpha add a lot more steps to put the cockpit in an upright position, but Kawamori's original design for the Vf1 had to rotate since it goes up the elevator for the VF1D scene with the battroid seat at the head.  I noted the MP Starscream has the rotating seat, so Kawamori still likes that design.  Just wondering if anyone knew why the complicated designs/more transformation steps in the more recent designs.  

1 hour ago, rocketblast said:

heh that's the thing I want to keep mine sealed when I get it, but I also want to look at it.  so I guess I have to open mine :O

I understand collectors buying 3 to display in each mode, but if it's sealed, then you're looking at a box.  Also the toy could be broken.  Are you planning on reselling it?  Or does the thought that it is minty sealed is what you want?  (not a joke, just curious)

49 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Dunno about yours, but for mine the inner trays are not taped together, as they were for previous DX toys. The only seal is on the outer box itself.

same.  I don't like the tape on the trays; they already snap together so the tape is redundant.  The seal on the outside box is good.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Dunno about yours, but for mine the inner trays are not taped together, as they were for previous DX toys. The only seal is on the outer box itself.

I mess up the wording,  it was more of if he is going to keep them inside the brown SEALED Shipping box.. example : AmiAmi box. HJL box. etc. :D.

not the amazon.jp box since that self opens. :p

43 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Kuma, i just watched your review, the poses are great and you described Lolicon's work on your reviews, nice.

Thank you, man and of course; if I see good work or something cool  I want everyone else to see it too. He did a great job.