Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Man oh man this is a great shot. Can't wait for mine.

1A was supposed to get here today but is coming tomorrow of course when I'm working. Oh well!

@Kuma Style Thank you!  Soon you'll have Max.

The life of a toy collector, "Awww man its being delivered while I am not home..."

4 hours ago, vt102 said:

Um... to each his own. I love my 1/60 V2's. But maybe i'm just jealous that I didn't get any of these Bandai releases. Cause my Yamato 1/48 is a sloppy mess. I hate it. I just love their size. 

And I am not paying the inflated prices for these. So I guess I'm SOL.

My v2 are still in good shape, and my 1/48 is not floppy, although I don't play with it as much as others do with theirs.  The DX has got most of the tabs that lock in from the v2, but the size is the 1/48.  And some metal parts, but a crappy swing joint that separates.

As another mentioned, AJ had some good prices.  The 1S isn't likely to have prices like the 1a.

2 hours ago, Digitalfiend said:

I thought the 2nd batch was already sold out too and already being resold with markups?  If not, where can I get it at MSRP? :)

It’s still up for preorder from p-Bandai but you will need to get a proxy to place the preorder for you.  If you plan to get 2 or more it will be better with a proxy, if you just what 1 then it will be cheaper from n-Y.

Proxy will need upfront payment, proxy fee , Domestic shipping (648yen) per order of 1-6 pieces .

You can use zenmarket or fromjapan 

Offical  link from p-Bandai 

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136313/

30 minutes ago, F360 said:

It’s still up for preorder from p-Bandai but you will need to get a proxy to place the preorder for you.  If you plan to get 2 or more it will be better with a proxy, if you just what 1 then it will be cheaper from n-Y.

Proxy will need upfront payment, proxy fee , Domestic shipping (648yen) per order of 1-6 pieces .

You can use zenmarket or fromjapan 

Offical  link from p-Bandai 

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136313/

Awesome, thx!

27 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Looks great! Care to share what steps you use for painting metal? I've done a few other DX valks and am always a bit worried about durability (flaking, scratching).

I laid down a coat of primer before using some white Tamiya paint (they're lacquer-based). Then just did a standard wash before putting a clear coating over the whole thing.

Yeah it's a lot of steps, which is why I wish Bandai would just paint them from the start. <_<

4 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I wish that both releases came with more TV hands.

Yeah, this is my only real complaint about this line.  Why so many DYRL-style hands for TV releases?

A TV fist, at least for the left hand, seems like a no-brainer.  I'm considering up-scaling a Arcadia one and 3rd printing one.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, SAL Small Packet is 2390Y. You can see the price chart here. https://www.amiami.com/eng/payment-shipping/

Always go for cheapest shipping!:D

Thanks. Trying to decide if I need to get another one. My AJ order just shipped. But my order on FromJapan have no news. I wonder will it be cancelled. I might not get my money back.

1 minute ago, kkx said:

Thanks. Trying to decide if I need to get another one. My AJ order just shipped. But my order on FromJapan have no news. I wonder will it be cancelled. I might not get my money back.

Always use a credit card and you can always get your money back.

8 hours ago, beatsing said:

My v2 are still in good shape, and my 1/48 is not floppy, although I don't play with it as much as others do with theirs.  The DX has got most of the tabs that lock in from the v2, but the size is the 1/48.  And some metal parts, but a crappy swing joint that separates.

As another mentioned, AJ had some good prices.  The 1S isn't likely to have prices like the 1a.

Maybe I'm not displaying it right? Cause with the super parts on, it doesn't seem to lock into place?  So once I had it set up in fighter mode on the stand. I haven't touched it in years. Still debating on selling my 48's....

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just a FYI, there was quite a while there where you could get a Max 1A shipped through Amazon Japan for less than I paid for my HLJ pre-order with shipping.

Yeah...too bad I don't care too much for the TV max color scheme. But I do have the TV max in 1/60 V2.  I wanted the Hikaru J, or the Hikaru S. Maybe I'll try for the Roy S.

2 hours ago, vt102 said:

Maybe I'm not displaying it right? Cause with the super parts on, it doesn't seem to lock into place?  So once I had it set up in fighter mode on the stand. I haven't touched it in years. Still debating on selling my 48's....

Yeah with the super parts some of tabs don't lock like in naked mode.  But the v2 (I think, Macross gurus jump in here) added the tabs that the yammie 1/48 didn't have, which made the v2 feel really solid and not a floppy mess like many 1/48 yammie.  I'd suggest watching @jenius videos for transformation steps to get the parts in the position so they don't flop.  I think that's the reason my 1/48 and v2 are still pretty solid.  Do you mean the regular stand or the yammie DYRL stand?  I have both and I only use the DYRL stand for temporary display because it has balance problems.  

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

4hrs and still available at amiami. I wonder if this an error from the site or this variant really dont sell well or Bandai finally increased the numbers they produced

No error , just tv max is not that high of a demand yet . Its more likely from a bunch of non payment preorders .

6 hours ago, kkx said:

I also wonder if small packet is possible for this box size and how much it will cost.

Subtotal: 19,440 JPY
Shipping: 2,390 JPY
Grand total: 21,830 JPY

Thats the invoice from amiami for small packet register . 

The frenzy finally got to me. I ordered the super/strike packs.. 

Now I will have to somehow find a Hikaru VF-1S, god help me. (No Preorder) If any of you fleet builders have a spare I'm desperate, though I'm hardly alone there.

Now that I've got these I'm thinking of painting my Yamato 1/48 Roy. It has yellowed a good bit.

12 hours ago, Digitalfiend said:

Nice!  BTW what lens did you use for these photos?

No special lens. I'm just using my Pixel camera for these pics. :)

11 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

What a difference it makes, love it!!! B))

Yes, it really does make a huge difference. I never even gave it a second thought till I painted the landing gear for the first time on a Bandai DX. Now I dislike the unpainted landing gear on all of them. :unknw:

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice legs! :wub: 

Haha thanks!

2 hours ago, F360 said:

No error , just tv max is not that high of a demand yet . Its more likely from a bunch of non payment preorders .

This is what I'm thinking, and why Max seems pretty abundant when the pre-order was insane.  A lot of scalpers dumping their pre-orders because they see that the aftermarket prices are too low to make a profit.

Maybe the same thing could happen with the Hikaru 1S, but I'm not seeing quite the level of downward trend in secondary market pre=order prices as we saw with Max.  We can always hope, though.