Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, totallyjem said:

Fellow amazon dudes, I contacted the seller , they said contact amazon. I contacted amazon and they said it will actually ship around 10/10 because they have an issue with moving to to the proper warehouse. So I guess we wait it out or you can try changing sellers.

Thanks. I hope I don't have to wait till Oct 10, but good to know some info about what to expect.

6 hours ago, totallyjem said:

Fellow amazon dudes, I contacted the seller , they said contact amazon. I contacted amazon and they said it will actually ship around 10/10 because they have an issue with moving to to the proper warehouse. So I guess we wait it out or you can try changing sellers.

Thanks for the heads up. I can wait until the 10th. No big deal.

Nice setup @Saburo.  I would include my HMR VF-1J Hikaru and custom VF-1A TV Max.  Surprisingly it’s in the same blue as the DX.

8 hours ago, totallyjem said:

Thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Got the shipping notice from Amazon so should be here tomorrow or Weds.. Forgot to update that I'd gone with a different seller that a friend had successfully gotten his from.

Similar thing, tried a different seller on Amazon Japan.  Got the shipping notice today, should arrive tomorrow.

I had to pay an extra 300 yen above my first try, but I'll take that.  I canceled my first order without issue.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:37 AM, Digitalfiend said:

Hmm, so I think there might be something odd going on with that VF-1 missile set order that I placed through FromJapan.  I "won" the bid (via Buy Now) and the item was confirmed as having been sold.  I logged in to look at some other stuff and noticed the seller has seemingly re-posted what looks to be the exact same missile set...*snip*

So the missile set arrived at FROMJAPAN’s warehouse - thankfully I was worried for nothing. ;). The only problem now is I got a payment error while paying for shipping yet the charge is showing as authorized on my card.  Hmm.  There was no option to pay for shipping with a PayPal account.  Thankfully FJ has been responsive to emails, so I’m sure they will take care of it.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Similar thing, tried a different seller on Amazon Japan.  Got the shipping notice today, should arrive tomorrow.

I had to pay an extra 300 yen above my first try, but I'll take that.  I canceled my first order without issue.

Yea man it was 219 usd vs. 215 but that's nothing considering people are stuck waiting for when and ifs.

--------

My VF-1J and missile set came.

20190930_091627.jpg

17 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

It's not completely unheard of, since I believe they do reissue certain products sold on the TWE site, like certain Gundam kits, and possibly some of the other related merchandise.

Their history with Macross TWE items though has been a case of "better buy it during the first run, or may God have mercy on your wallet."  The most painfully egregious case was the VF-25 armor packs.  Despite reissuing both Alto's and Ozma's VF-25s multiple times, the armor packs were never sold again.  You know.. despite the fact that Ozma was never seen without his, and his set was basically the most iconic mech design in the entire series.

Everyone invested in Bandai Macross merchandise knows their standard operating procedure, so when Bandai issues a product that is designed to be compatible with a pile of products they haven't even confessed that they're making yet, you buy the exclusive pieces in advance.

I hadn't heard about the re-release of the missiles, but maybe there's hope that this strike pack pre-order mess drilled into their head how terrible their treatment of their customers is with those sorts of exclusive extras, and releasing a single production run of an extra that applies to an entire product line that may go for several years still is just an incredibly stupid idea.

Good info for the uninformed (me).  I was just wondering to myself why is it so difficult for Bandai to keep $hit like this in production as there is clearly a demand for it.  Now I know why.

I got my Max and missle set from NY.  Its interesting that the missle set cost $45 USD, it really feels more like $25 in total value.  I think Bandai fleeced us a bit on that one.

As far as the 1A Max, beautiful as expected.  I love the blue they chose for this, so much better than the HMR 1J Max color.  Now, the pilot, is it just me or is he more of a 1/60 or 1/72 scale?  He's bigger than the Arcadia SV-51 pilot but smaller and much smaller than my HMR Soltic pilot (which is about 1/60 scale).

Just took hold of this beauty! I really love the texture of the box and colors. Really high quality overall. Maybe it's just me, but this guy feels heavier than my 1J. Has anyone weighed each of them and performed a comparison? I briefly held Max and wow! His blue is beautiful. Makes me want another copy on a yeti stand. I might have to rethink the 1S and only collecting the TV cartoon character - JK ;)

20190930_115930.jpg

Edited by RED WOLF

So we have gotten the Hikaru 1J and Max 1A and the 1S Hikaru to be released last week October/first week November with a possibility of Roy's 1s (actual release date unknown) sometime next year?

I wonder if Hikaru's and Kikazki's will follow a few years later down the road.. (1a to be exact). 

Will Max's 1s get made (or is it out of the question)? :pardon:

Edited by borgified

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

So we have gotten the Hikaru 1J and Max 1A and the 1S Hikaru to be released last week October/first week November with a possibility of Roy's 1s (actual release date unknown) sometime next year?

I don't think the Hikaru 1S has a release date beyond November 2019.  I'd expect it mid/late November, similar to how the Max tv 1A was, not in October.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Then there's the question of if we'll ever see VT-1/VE-1/VF-1D two-seater variants.

My personal belief is this line will only be S/J/A variants. I've got no evidence for that; just a hunch.  I'd love to be wrong.

4 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

My personal belief is this line will only be S/J/A variants. I've got no evidence for that; just a hunch.  I'd love to be wrong.

I would be inclined to believe that but getting a Max 1A second in the series seemed like Bandai's way of saying anything could happen.

29 minutes ago, borgified said:

I wonder if Hikaru's and Kikazki's will follow a few years later down the road.. (1a to be exact). 

Will Max's 1s get made (or is it out of the question)? :pardon:

I have a feeling the Roy 1S will be the absolute last release of this mold with the Max and Miliia VF-1Js right before it. Smart money would be for them to save it until they've just ran the mold dry to counter mold fatigue.