Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, tekering said:

You assume correct.  FAST packs are never seen used in atmospheric flight, as they're just not aerodynamically sound.

Excellent, thanks.

Now I need to go put all the intake covers back on everything with FP's.:D

3 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Live a little. Pick hikarus ride up!

Lolz, I did have 1/60 but sold those in favor of the larger size. I can't go down that rabbit hole and honestly I much prefer the cartoon vs the movie. Another reason why I sold the sdf-1 PF as well. He does look great and I'm glad for those picking him up. I'll wait for more toon vf1s to be announced. 

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

As requested, pics via my phone-tato. At least I have daylight LEDs everywhere.

Top/Bottom

Hide contents

White table with daylight LED illumination

20190927_233856.thumb.jpg.108de863518c4bb80b1bd0b492687685.jpg

20190927_233910.thumb.jpg.efe5b050cd6f590dbaf63a78919a08fb.jpg

Comparison vs HMRs

Hide contents

Blue is deeper than the Max HMR, I'd also say it's a bit richer.

20190927_234012.thumb.jpg.40144f83524852432783e259002885e0.jpg

White is slightly more gray than the VF-4 HMR

20190927_234034.thumb.jpg.1575028368d6f940b080db0422c8a149.jpg

14 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I couldn’t choose which pic I liked best so just throwing em all in here.

CAE1AE81-AE92-492C-8ACB-16653C6A5A2E.jpeg

26DC36CD-AC3C-492B-9FD6-6A15F1235412.jpeg

9639E0A6-DA98-4139-BC17-CA2648DA9E4A.jpeg

2518FB8E-A226-4D47-8AA1-CEA6A53A9E7F.jpeg

B770F783-EEB0-4C8D-AE9A-F0CB4ECB7708.jpeg

Amazing pics!

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

Bandai trying to get your moolah...

EFiUI7QVUAAZhde.thumb.jpg.8bafb35893fc2df2d01555a20eab4c96.jpg

EFiUJQTUYAc5Ssm.jpg

... wow. I really don't want to buy a 1s but that fast pack on top of the missile set... man. Really surprised a red fastpack set hasn't been shown yet. 

45 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I know what it homages and that's why I'm surprised not to see it. There are a lot of crossover fans I'm sure?

Yeah....I don't think that will ever happen.  HG and Robotech own the licensing for that outside of Japan and already sued Hasbro recently just for appearing like maybe the SDCC GI Joe/Transformers crossover Jetfire looked like the VF-1S.  (They lost the suit...but shows HG is trigger happy.)

I doubt we'd see the crossover in Japan for Bandai and Hasbro, but it would be a sweet middle finger to HG if they ever did!  Though I suppose this has now got off-topic and I digress.

DYRL Hikkie VF-1S is the only red VF-1S I need. :)

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

What about the hands? Would be nice if we could use the fixed Bandai hands on Yamato or even the Arcadia VF-0s

3rd parties have been making Optimus Prime hand with individual fingers for years.  Those guys should make hands for the dx and the Yammies.  A valk giving the middle finger will be the next meme.

1 minute ago, beatsing said:

3rd parties have been making Optimus Prime hand with individual fingers for years.  Those guys should make hands for the dx and the Yammies.  A valk giving the middle finger will be the next meme.

True. There are probably some that fit but I haven't tried. I figured someone else would have by now and we would all know about it but I guess not.

23 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Am I one of the few people that prefer Hikarus 1S to roys?

I prefer Roy. But it's by such a tiny margin it's inconsequential. If I had to pick between the two I would go Roy. But, I generally go both.:p

On 9/27/2019 at 8:10 PM, Digitalfiend said:

^ He must be trustworthy as he has the same name as you! (XXXXXX)  :P

In all seriousness though, that is a killer deal.  Hopefully, it works out.  All the other listings on eBay that I'm seeing are in the $500-650+ range, which is just ... stupid. :)

Aaaaand he cancelled the order without explanation. Maybe his conscious got the better of him :) I asked for an explanation last night, still waiting......

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Has anyone that got in on this $215 Amazon deal seen more action than this?

Max Amazon.jpg

My order from September 21st hasn't shipped yet either. I put in another order with a different seller on the assumption my first will be cancelled. Amazon had one listing yesterday for themselves that i tried to get. The order wouldn't go through and said they will get stock in after September 29.

Just now, General Rasp said:

My order from September 21st hasn't shipped yet either. I put in another order with a different seller on the assumption my first will be cancelled. Amazon had one listing yesterday for themselves that i tried to get. The order wouldn't go through and said they will get stock in after September 29.

Meh, it is what it is. I wasn't fired up about this one anyway.