Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 hours ago, Digitalfiend said:

Ugh, trying to decide whether to grab a VF-1S pre-order using a proxy service (e.g. FromJapan) or wait until around release date to see if HLJ or AE have some extras/PO left-overs come available.  My only concern with the proxy service is they have to wait for the seller to ship to them, then shipping it to me...and what happens if something goes wrong with the seller, etc.  Decisions...

Has anyone grabbed a late PO resale from a proxy service before?

Its good that we are seeing Max available even with a bit of a mark up but I think Hikaru's VF-1S is a different beast, hopefully this is not the case but I doubt it.

I got a PO from HLJ and also bought one from NY with 25,000 yen mark up when the PO opened.

My Amazon order from Saturday hasn't shipped yet. The expected delivery date is this Sunday (Sept 29th) and I ordered from image.png.9dc904b077837f44a8a970fb1eb12b22.png

If it doesn't ship tonight/tomorrow it will probably be cancelled and I am hope there will still be some units left from another seller. 

I have no luck with Macross stuff from Amazon Japan. 

1 hour ago, mapendieck said:

Has anyone used JPfigures.com to buy a DX VF?

They aren’t legit. I decided to test them out back in Jan for the DX 1J. They had MSRP rates. Anyway they had JapanPost tracking for like two weeks that never populated actually in JapanPost. I made a case with PP and they never responded. PP refunded me and took it from there.

17 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

So at this point would it be best just told hold off on Amazon.Jp until people's actually ship?

If I were you and you can place an order that says they will ship, I’d just do it. Worst case, they don’t ship and you get nothing but if you don’t order you definitely get nothing. 

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

They aren’t legit. I decided to test them out back in Jan for the DX 1J. They had MSRP rates. Anyway they had JapanPost tracking for like two weeks that never populated actually in JapanPost. I made a case with PP and they never responded. PP refunded me and took it from there.

Thaaaaaank you. I know that it was brought up back in January but I never saw any follow up. I appreciate you answering me. One day I shall own the elusive DX VF-1J but today is not that day. 

21 minutes ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Just got my Max from AJ. Have to wait til tomorrow to open it up though.

Finally, hope you like it. Are you going to open your 1J too? :) Mine are still not shipped yet. :( 

42 minutes ago, Macross two said:

Don't trust this site.

It is a fraud!

Yea, I too digged about them due to the amazing prices and having everything like in stock and stuff. And there's plenty of complaints about them everywhere. You know, if it's too good to be true, it's probably not true ;).

I broke down and ordered a VF-1 missile set from FromJapan, as Max looks a bit bare and I can use the extra missiles on a VF-1S (assuming that happens as planned haha).  Also a good test to see how the FJ service works.  I hate spending so much more (~$120 CAD) for something that should be much cheaper but whatever.  I was tempted to crack out Fusion 360 and 3D print my own ... but don't really have the time for the next few months.  Yes, I'm justifying my purchase to myself :D

Edited by Digitalfiend

14 hours ago, gerwookie said:

Really fun. I wonder why the pilot wasn’t designed with a butt peg like with the yf-19. 

EDB5616F-74E1-4CC7-BBC6-249D946AD227.jpeg

E00CED18-B7D1-48D9-855D-19EAD3F07B75.jpeg

AAB7082D-961D-46AD-A00F-4D8BDD4F7253.jpeg

Great pics!

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

If I were you and you can place an order that says they will ship, I’d just do it. Worst case, they don’t ship and you get nothing but if you don’t order you definitely get nothing. 

16 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Maybe it's certain sellers. I had pre-ordered mine from AJ, received one, and another is expected to come later today. I'd say go ahead and order and if they don't ship, you don't get charged.

Man I ordered it but then cancelled... something is just rubbing me funny about these having gauranteed delivery timeframes and not even shipping by them. I really want it though for valk mode display because the colors are stunning. So as soon as someone actually says these have shipped I'll probaby re order.

Got mine and it’s gorgeous! Though the swing bar is maddening and disengages on a whim. Much more so than the 1J’s. So much so that it is fairly difficult to get back on and have it stay on when transforming back to fighter. Kind of aggravating.

Chris

I really really like the blue. The swing bar was fine for me and the nosecone is pretty tight, has snap to it. Have to get better at avoiding paint rub, that laser clearance for getting the head thru for battroid is pretty tight. My shoulders were correct and the bicep swivel is pretty tight that I wouldn’t want to twist it without holding the shoulder with my other hand. The intake cover for the right leg usually pops off when engaging the gerwalk joint because the ratchets feel nice and tight. Going to try to the waist swivel next for that knee to chest fist to ground superhero landing pose.

F0F0E4CC-362D-4369-980A-65A8AE81FE9C.jpeg

CEB7AC90-B445-4E25-92B4-BF3F3225BEF3.jpeg

3AA4E280-E9AB-4F9F-BD79-CCDF91EC1C0F.jpeg

C2E4FAC6-249D-4512-9F6C-152735D17089.jpeg

On 9/26/2019 at 5:22 PM, theraiden said:

Actually it was 220$ with shipping but i used an ebay coupon code and got 20$ off :) I sent him a message asking details about where he is sourcing it from etc. I'll let you guys know and post his reply if he answers.

And he replied about the 220$ USD VF-1S:

"Your message

Hello :) I just ordered this item from you. Can you tell me, is it 100% that you will have this item on release day? Do you get it directly from Bandai or?

Best regards and with thanks,
XXXXXX"

"New message from: l-o-dstore (102)

Dear XXXXXX,
Thank you for your purchase.
Yes, we will absolutely be stocked on the 30th Nov.
And yes, we get our stock directly from Bandai.
Sincerely,
XXXXXX"

But i'm sure not getting my hopes up yet :pardon: