Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

48 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I don't have a credit card at all, LOL! I guess I'll have to get one. Who is your credit card through that has no foreign transaction fees? I'll get one from them.

I use a Capitol One "travel" card. Works well, but they're a PITA if you have to cancel/re-issue the card due to fraud. Took me too long to get my new card and I had to put a couple orders on my other card that does charge foreign transaction fees.

21 minutes ago, sqidd said:

If it makes you feel any better as a retailer I have been screwed out of about $30K. That has stopped though. I've leaned all of the cover your tail moves. I haven't been screwed over in 10-12yrs.

PayPal kinda sucks.

It doesn’t make me feel better to hear about anyone getting screwed. It sucks!

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

I use the Chase Sapphire card. Best card I've ever had.

That is a great card.  Off topic I know, but on the other hand, if there are any active duty US service members on this board, you are an idiot if you don't get the American Express Platinum.  AMEX never charges overseas transaction fees, additionally AMEX waives ALL fees for service members on all of it's cards, including that $550 annual fee.  Just my 2 cents. 

4 minutes ago, theraiden said:

I pulled the trigger on this listing
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-DX-Chogokin-VF-1S-Valkyrie-Ichijyo-Hikaru-movie-edition-pre-order-japan/183968065544?hash=item2ad559e808:g:~w8AAOSwezddia5l

200$ With expedited shipping. 50/50 if he will full fill or not, but if not i will at least get a refund :pardon:

50/50 seems pretty optimistic at that price.  Unless he somehow got a bulk shipment from Bandai, he'd be making something like $5 or less on that deal, before ebay fees.

Just watch your protection windows on whatever payment you used.  Don't let him string you along.

5 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

50/50 seems pretty optimistic at that price.  Unless he somehow got a bulk shipment from Bandai, he'd be making something like $5 or less on that deal, before ebay fees.

Just watch your protection windows on whatever payment you used.  Don't let him string you along.

Yeah, if he doesn't ship before the 10th of december i'll claim a refund whatever he says. I have a another VF-1S on pre-order, jumped on this one for kicks and it would be pretty amazing if he comes through 

19 minutes ago, theraiden said:

I pulled the trigger on this listing
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-DX-Chogokin-VF-1S-Valkyrie-Ichijyo-Hikaru-movie-edition-pre-order-japan/183968065544?hash=item2ad559e808:g:~w8AAOSwezddia5l

200$ With expedited shipping. 50/50 if he will full fill or not, but if not i will at least get a refund :pardon:

I have paid for a DX 1S from another seller, now he/she is no longer register with ebay. Still waiting for ebay/paypal to refund me on this.

33 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Yeah, if he doesn't ship before the 10th of december i'll claim a refund whatever he says. I have a another VF-1S on pre-order, jumped on this one for kicks and it would be pretty amazing if he comes through 

Wow $200 usd including FREE standard international shipping?  That seems too good to be true.  Looks like he's sold 11 of them too...seems a bit sketchy...but if it pans out you certainly hit the jackpot. :)

2 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

Wow $200 usd including FREE standard international shipping?  That seems too good to be true.  Looks like he's sold 11 of them too...seems a bit sketchy...but if it pans out you certainly hit the jackpot. :)

Actually it was 220$ with shipping but i used an ebay coupon code and got 20$ off :) I sent him a message asking details about where he is sourcing it from etc. I'll let you guys know and post his reply if he answers.

2 minutes ago, theraiden said:

I sent him a message asking details about where he is sourcing it from etc. I'll let you guys know if he replies.

Fixed it for you.:p

I'm dealing with the same thing on a VF-31. Fantastic deal, sketchy seller. I'm wondering if it will show up.

12 minutes ago, theraiden said:

How long is it since you filed the claim?

1 hour ago. Seeing your post lead me to check on this and was horrified to found that the seller is now not registered.

eBay seems to say that this is not an "Money back guaranteed" item, so just leaving me to resolved with the seller. I am not sure how that can help me since the seller is no longer registered. Very disappointed with eBay.

Trying PayPal now, hopefully they can help. Failing that I will ping my CC provider.

What a pain. Those scammer are bad for business.

I also have another PO for an EVA MB 02 on eBay, will watch that closely.

2 minutes ago, kkx said:

1 hour ago. Seeing your post lead me to check on this and was horrified to found that the seller is now not registered.

eBay seems to say that this is not an "Money back guaranteed" item, so just leaving me to resolved with the seller. I am not sure how that can help me since the seller is no longer registered. Very disappointed with eBay.

Trying PayPal now, hopefully they can help. Failing that I will ping my CC provider.

What a pain. Those scammer are bad for business.

I also have another PO for an EVA MB 02 on eBay, will watch that closely.

PP will handle it.

If a customer pays the money goes to the seller's paypal account where they can transfer it instantly to their bank. So the worry would be that someone would take a bunch of orders, receive a bunch of money, then transfer it to their account and close their paypal account and probably the related bank account and move on with their life.

18 minutes ago, kkx said:

I hope so.

Does that means PP will be loosing out money? Since the seller is "gone" like @jenius said.

Probably, but verified ebay accounts require personal details, name, phone number, address etc. So i guess the "fraudster" will be hold accountable in same way after the fact. Criminal litigation maybe? 

43 minutes ago, jenius said:

If a customer pays the money goes to the seller's paypal account where they can transfer it instantly to their bank. So the worry would be that someone would take a bunch of orders, receive a bunch of money, then transfer it to their account and close their paypal account and probably the related bank account and move on with their life.

PP will eat that and pay the customer. Then go after the seller.

17 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Probably, but verified ebay accounts require personal details, name, phone number, address etc. So i guess the "fraudster" will be hold accountable in same way after the fact. Criminal litigation maybe? 

Nah, people use stolen identities to open those accounts. Or they don't care if there is a collection. I've never seen criminal charges. I suppose it's possible though.

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Nah, people use stolen identities to open those accounts. Or they don't care if there is a collection. I've never seen criminal charges. I suppose it's possible though.

Yeah you are probably right. A small peace of mind in my case is the sellers account is more than 2 years old

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

I can't see where it says used. How used could it be? It's 15min old.:D

Here us the link. Says there are 11 left.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07QC9VHJC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=AYFC3JV1B9X2Y&psc=1

Anyhoo, I was thinking of grabbing those ET 1/60 VF-2SS on sale but decided on this DX Max instead. Thanks for the heads up! 

23 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Am I te only one to where that store and others says currently unavailable but lets you add to cart and order anyways? 

That is just referring to the shipping price.  It isn't referring to product availability.  And the shipping populates through the checkout process which is 1,600 Yen for Global Ship.