Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

A different set of M&M

Macross_Max_VF-1As.thumb.jpg.5a4bb915b7fa542b20c4babed115996f.jpg

Nic pic.  The old Yammie still looks good next to the dx (except those small hands).

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Well, I wasn't going to get one. But......$215 shipped. Done and done!:D

Can't walk away from that.  The 1S isn't likely to have that price.

28 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

If referring to NY, they pretty much delivered every order regardless how late it was. I would rather go with TWE then deal with preorder madness.

Point taken.  But waiting 6 to 9 months, you risk your credit card or paypal won't get you a refund if they default.  

12 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Point taken.  But waiting 6 to 9 months, you risk your credit card or paypal won't get you a refund if they default.  

I'm not sure that's true. If they never deliver, I think PP will refund the $$$. On the other hand if you do take delivery I think you have 6mo to file a complaint.

I guess I'll have to wade through their policies.

in terms of TWE, every TWE was smoother since it was made to order. imo, only the 31A is the exception. Until now, only thing we can do is speculate what happened.

in terms of ordering on NY, every TWE they offered was delivered, yes, they are slow to ship them. 31A again is the exception ( but at least, they didnt cancel everyone order and offered a marked up 31A)

56 minutes ago, beatsing said:

I just went through the PP policies. We have 180 days (6mo) to file a claim. What do you do about that? Contact NY and tell them what is going on? Maybe they have a solution? File the claim? No way I'm taking the chance that they will default on $6000 in orders.

47 minutes ago, Smacky said:

WTF, NY is selling the VF-1A for 24000 yen now and a lot of us paid the mark up of 27500 yen after PO night...mother effers...:angry:

Yep I'm done with them. Dont care if they always deliver. It's a dirty approach and the only way I can speak is with my wallet.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I just went through the PP policies. We have 180 days (6mo) to file a claim. What do you do about that? Contact NY and tell them what is going on? Maybe they have a solution? File the claim? No way I'm taking the chance that they will default on $6000 in orders.

So if the delay takes over 6 months for a preorder, and it isn't delivered in the 6 months, you've passed the 180 days.  I did call Paypal.  They said that's the policy.  But I don't have $6000 in orders.  Just one.  That's enough.

Thomas Cook just went down in flames. 6k is nothing.  

So you're expected to "trust" the company who doesn't deliver on time, but so far past even Paypal's policy.  Other than waiting, what would be your alternative?  And if they don't deliver, what option do you have?  That is not good business practice.   

I take the point that they eventually filled the orders, even 9 months in, but that's not what you agreed.  During the time that peeps are waiting, peeps are concerned.  Saying that they eventually delivered is looking at things in retrospect, 20/20.  There may be delays, sure, but that is beyond the point of return.  Delivery with no set date doesn't inspire much trust.

Edited by beatsing

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

So if the delay takes over 6 months for a preorder, and it isn't delivered in the 6 months, you've passed the 180 days.  I did call Paypal.  They said that's the policy.  But I don't have $6000 in orders.  Just one.  That's enough.

Thomas Cook just went down in flames. 6k is nothing.  

So you're expected to "trust" the company who doesn't deliver on time, but so far past even Paypal's policy.  Other than waiting, what would be your alternative?  And if they don't deliver, what option do you have?  That is not good business practice.   

I take the point that they eventually filled the orders, even 9 months in, but that's not what you agreed.  During the time that peeps are waiting, peeps are concerned.  Saying that they eventually delivered is looking at things in retrospect, 20/20.  There may be delays, sure, but that is beyond the point of return.  Delivery with no set date doesn't inspire much trust.

Agreed. I have a spreadsheet with all of my PO's which now has a column with the date I need to file a claim through PP so I don't go over 180 days. If I get to that date, I file a claim. 

I did send NY a message this morning seeing if we can find a solution. I'm curious what their response will be. Here is what I sent them. I guess this is where we find out if NY fires me as a customer.:D

I’m new to the game so I seek a lot of information from my fellow collectors. They’re telling me that it may be late 2020 to early 2021 before all of the Bandai DX VF-1S Hikaru and Super/Strike parts are shipped out.

That’s troubling because I only have 180 days from date of payment and then I lose the chance to dispute the charge based on not receiving the item or items.

I currently have $6000 in pre orders in. I certainly can’t risk that sort of money. Here are my order numbers:

***REDACTED****

What can be done to ensure that I am protected? I have two ideas. I would like to get your feedback on the best way of handling it.

-The first option is that you organize on your end so that my items are received by me before my 180 day protection window closes.

-If the orders can’t be filled in the 180 days could you refund those payments and I will immediately pay them again. This will re-start the 180 day protection window.

If you have other ideas or solutions, I’m very interested in hearing them.

Thank you for your time
Jason XXXXX

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Ok, coming from a very bad experience with another retailer, I have learned a lesson and have the solution. ALWAYS use a credit card to pay through PayPal. By doing this, you are protected by your credit card company and not just PayPal’s 180 day limit. Problem solved. When buying from Japan or any foreign country, it is always best to have a credit card with no foreign transaction fee linked to your PayPal account. When it’s time to pay MAKE SURE you choose that card AND that you are paying the foreign currency amount. That way, your credit card company will handle the conversion and you will get the current rate with no fees. If you let PayPal convert, you get their ~3-4% conversion fee (that they say they don’t charge foreign transaction fee but it’s built into their unfavorable conversion rate, same as if you let the retailer convert for you and pay in US Dollars). 

@Slave IV for the win!  I actually only knew 90% of that, but failed to understand the Paypal conversion dilemma until now.  For anyone else that missed this or is new, here is a walkthrough on how to change that (albeit old - info is still good just interface is different in screenshots):  https://www.pointhacks.com.au/how-to-change-credit-card-billing-currency-in-paypal/

*Good to note that this only applies to Visa/Mastercard.  It appears that Discover is automatic.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

55 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I currently have $6000 in pre orders in. I certainly can’t risk that sort of money. 

That isn't... all in 1/48 DX super strike parts, is it?  Would they even let you do that?  If it is, then yeah... you're probably in a tough situation to say the least.

If you have $6k spread out across a bunch of different items, that makes more sense.  

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Shipment from Amazon already out for delivery. That was fast. :shok:

My AJ is in route for delivery today as well!  They are crazy good and fast.  A bit of a PITA if you have to return items, but even then they are solid about it.  I wish I could purchase all of my items this way.

33 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

@Slave IV for the win!  I actually only knew 90% of that, but failed to understand the Paypal conversion dilemma until now.  For anyone else that missed this or is new, here is a walkthrough on how to change that (albeit old - info is still good just interface is different in screenshots):  https://www.pointhacks.com.au/how-to-change-credit-card-billing-currency-in-paypal/

*Good to note that this only applies to Visa/Mastercard.  It appears that Discover is automatic.

Thanks for the additional details to help out! I’m not so sure about Discover...in my experience it doesn’t seem to give you the option to pay in anything but USD so you are automatically getting charged PayPal’s conversion fee. 

ALSO, I forgot to mention another layer of protection through PayPal in case @sqidd or anyone did not use a credit card to pay. If you dig through PP policy, there is some part that says sellers cannot charge you for something that they can’t deliver within the 180 day limit. If you get into trouble, contact PP CS and refer to that policy and they should refund you based on that technicality. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Ok, coming from a very bad experience with another retailer, I have learned a lesson and have the solution. ALWAYS use a credit card to pay through PayPal. By doing this, you are protected by your credit card company and not just PayPal’s 180 day limit. Problem solved. When buying from Japan or any foreign country, it is always best to have a credit card with no foreign transaction fee linked to your PayPal account. When it’s time to pay MAKE SURE you choose that card AND that you are paying the foreign currency amount. That way, your credit card company will handle the conversion and you will get the current rate with no fees. If you let PayPal convert, you get their ~3-4% conversion fee (that they say they don’t charge foreign transaction fee but it’s built into their unfavorable conversion rate, same as if you let the retailer convert for you and pay in US Dollars). 

I don't have a credit card at all, LOL! I guess I'll have to get one. Who is your credit card through that has no foreign transaction fees? I'll get one from them.

49 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

That isn't... all in 1/48 DX super strike parts, is it?  Would they even let you do that?  If it is, then yeah... you're probably in a tough situation to say the least.

If you have $6k spread out across a bunch of different items, that makes more sense.  

Spread across a bunch of stuff.

There are four VF-1S DX's and four sets of Strike parts in there.

44 minutes ago, Agent-GHQ said:

It says used tho??? I wasn’t gonna get it either but do u have a direct link? 

I can't see where it says used. How used could it be? It's 15min old.:D

Here us the link. Says there are 11 left.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07QC9VHJC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=AYFC3JV1B9X2Y&psc=1

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

ALSO, I forgot to mention another layer of protection through PayPal in case @sqidd or anyone did not use a credit card to pay. If you dig through PP policy, there is some part that says sellers cannot charge you for something that they can’t deliver within the 180 day limit. If you get into trouble, contact PP CS and refer to that policy and they should refund you based on that technicality. 

I'm not worried about PP protections. I'm on the other end of them all the time as a retailer. PP sides with the customer 99.9% of the time no questions asked. To the point where it's actually not that hard to scam the retailers. I get 2-3 scammers probing me per week. Their pretty easy to pick out once you know what signs to look for.

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I don't have a credit card at all, LOL! I guess I'll have to get one. Who is your credit card through that has no foreign transaction fees? I'll get one from them.

Capital One, HSBC and Discover are the ones I know of. With Discover, take note of what I mentioned with them and PayPal. 

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm not worried about PP protections. I'm on the other end of them all the time as a retailer. PP sides with the customer 99.9% of the time no questions asked. To the point where it's actually not that hard to scam the retailers. I get 2-3 scammers probing me per week. Their pretty easy to pick out once you know what signs to look for.

Well, I was unfortunately one of the .1%...and got screwed. This was before I learned about the technicality. Lost about $500 and it was ironically, with a US based company. F’ers!

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

good suggestion

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

good suggestion

19 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Spread across a bunch of stuff.

There are four VF-1S DX's and four sets of Strike parts in there.

wow 

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I can't see where it says used. How used could it be? It's 15min old.:D

Here us the link. Says there are 11 left.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07QC9VHJC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=AYFC3JV1B9X2Y&psc=1

TYVM for posting this... it's really hard not to order. 

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Capital One, HSBC and Discover are the ones I know of. With Discover, take note of what I mentioned with them and PayPal. 

Well, I was unfortunately one of the .1%...and got screwed. This was before I learned about the technicality. Lost about $500 and it was ironically, with a US based company. F’ers!

If it makes you feel any better as a retailer I have been screwed out of about $30K. That has stopped though. I've leaned all of the cover your tail moves. I haven't been screwed over in 10-12yrs.

PayPal kinda sucks.

Ugh, trying to decide whether to grab a VF-1S pre-order using a proxy service (e.g. FromJapan) or wait until around release date to see if HLJ or AE have some extras/PO left-overs come available.  My only concern with the proxy service is they have to wait for the seller to ship to them, then shipping it to me...and what happens if something goes wrong with the seller, etc.  Decisions...

Has anyone grabbed a late PO resale from a proxy service before?

Edited by Digitalfiend