Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I am also waiting for my AJ order to ship, the green bar is so near so I expect it will ship today or tomorrow.  Official expected delivery is 26 to 30th Sept.

I hope I don't have to wait till Monday. Regretting selecting my work address for this.

48 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Cynical speculation here: I think it just moves to placate people so they don't bug customer service.

Yeah, I know sarcrasm can be hard to convey on the internet.  I was joking about the green bar thing, I'm pretty sure it just moves as a projection of estimated arrival time, not an actual indicator of status.  :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Guys, if you go to your order details in your orders page, it tells you exactly what the status is. Yesterday I was in “preparing for shipment”. Today I’m in “Shipping Now” 

Mine still hasn't been shipped yet, but everyone's is probably different.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:18 AM, tekering said:

I'm so glad Bandai stuck with the VF-1J grey for Max's 1A...

309644481_VF-1AMax.thumb.jpg.381504cbcffee10a25be610cd86d0e04.jpg

So much nicer than Yamato's shock-white.

2028330821_greyvs.white.thumb.jpg.17f23eb212d82ab30e02efac4a3ddb24.jpg

nice pics

On 9/23/2019 at 9:15 AM, gerwookie said:

Ah at first didn’t see difference in joints but now see the grooves missing on top of max’s Left shoulder hinge joint. Meaning the grooves are on the bottom? 

Yes

On 9/23/2019 at 9:43 AM, seti88 said:

That panel lining really breaks up the bland white 

On 9/23/2019 at 9:54 AM, gerwookie said:

Looks a little busy from top perspective but I quite like the panel lining on the chest to offset just the plain white, more for max than for hikaru since he has that nice red. How would I go about doing so? A gundam marker? I know you have to apply top coat or something for gunpla but feel scared to do so on this toy.

I used to use the fine brush gundam marker (you can wipe mistakes, not the thick generic marker) and grey color for white pieces, black for darker colors, and brown for reds.  I use the panel liner that comes in a jar as it runs along the lines, but it's not a wash.  Works with Gundams and valks.

23 hours ago, Lolicon said:

This isn't a complaint, but I'm curious why Bandai decided to give us the space helmet version of Max in his flight suit, instead of giving us the open face version like Hikaru.

Is Bandai going to cheap out from here on and give us this space version only? Because I demand an extra large Kakizaki pilot figure for his 1A release!

Probably the helmet covers the face so it's intended for the generic pilots and the cannon fodder VF-1A.

Been away for a bit.  All those nice pics of the Max blue is growing on me.  Seems like the prices aren't as gouging as the VF-1S.  Might pull the trigger.  

54 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Where is the big yellow arrow on the side of the head? I don't see it.

NY has yet to contact me, and i pre-odered and pre-paid this on PO night, hmmm

The yellow arrow is not part of Bandai's official print detail. It was custom detail added by a twitter user to their personal copy. @seti88 linked to the post a couple pages back. Or just check out beatsing's post above. :lol:

Edited by technoblue
slow keyboard juju

18 minutes ago, technoblue said:

The yellow arrow is not part of Bandai's official print detail. It was custom detail added by a twitter user to their personal copy. @seti88 linked to the post a couple pages back. Or just check out beatsing's post above. :lol:

I like the yellow arrow.  Hazard symbols are often in yellow and that's where the laser gun is pointing in the fighter mode so air traffic staff don't touch the hot barrel (s) or damage the monocle.  I think the movie 1A has a little square guard that sticks out past the camera monocle so it doesn't break.    

Ok NY sent me a notification. "Processing" my order. I'd prefer "here is your tracking number", but whatever. I can't wait to see the new solid swing bar in Max's 1A!

Totally kidding, the swing bar still breaks up or separate. IMHO, if it was a solid bar, like the HMR, and all Yammies, then this "toy" would be closer perfect. 

I also got order prep notice from NY but only for my VF-1A Max.. Really glad to see I was able to actually get one! Though my VF-1J and YF-19 orders have not seen any movement yet. I do hope they realise I have those other orders in place and send them all at once instead of separately. 

2 hours ago, spanner said:

I also got order prep notice from NY but only for my VF-1A Max.. Really glad to see I was able to actually get one! Though my VF-1J and YF-19 orders have not seen any movement yet. I do hope they realise I have those other orders in place and send them all at once instead of separately. 

Just received my "in prep" notice from NY, too. And I think I was in the first wave of scalper markup POs where they secured stock from other people, so hopefully they have all of that stock in house now and will be clearing out their shipping backlog....

My AJ order was split in two and I just got my shipping notice for the second batch, the DX VF-1A Max, this morning... should have all of it in my grubby hands by Saturday.

Unless some other must-have gets announced, with the exception of the Riobot VF-041H Blowsperior slated for November, I think I'm done for the year, which makes my wallet sigh in relief.

5 hours ago, beatsing said:

I like the yellow arrow.  Hazard symbols are often in yellow and that's where the laser gun is pointing in the fighter mode so air traffic staff don't touch the hot barrel (s) or damage the monocle.  I think the movie 1A has a little square guard that sticks out past the camera monocle so it doesn't break.    

Mm. I don’t mind the arrow either. Wish I had the spare time and steady hand to customize my copies, because there are other details from the SDF-1 Squadrons Master File that I think would look nice at this scale too.

Oh well. For now, I just sit back and admire the work of others like that friendly twitter user or our own @Lolicon.