Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 minutes ago, gerwookie said:

Anyone know what the complaints are on the amazon japan low star reviews?

Looks like the reviewer's copy has the wrong side hinge. Now I have to check my 1J when I get home because the shoulder on it doesn't move all the way forward properly. 

Looks like Arcadia isn't the only one using the incorrect side joints. 

19 minutes ago, CeramicDragon said:

I don't see anymore AJ sellers willing to ship to US. Any other place to get this cheaper than $270?

I still see a few ... look at:

eおもちゃやさん - 23,790 JPY ... just checked and that one let me go right to the last page of checkout without any issue (shipping to Canada).

Edited by Digitalfiend

1 hour ago, Digitalfiend said:

I still see a few ... look at:

eおもちゃやさん - 23,790 JPY ... just checked and that one let me go right to the last page of checkout without any issue (shipping to Canada).

Thanks! That was a few pages down. It said shipping not available, but it went straight to the checkout page.

42 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

That’s proof that Bandai and Arcadia use the same factory!

OMG what if they're secretly the same company? Even the name is suspicious! If you take ARCADIA and replace the A with a B, drop the R, change the C to an N, and rearrange the letters, and you get BANDAI! 

Obviously, the dropped R was reassigned to the Hi Metal name giving us Hi Metal R! 

The clues were there all along. 

Finally received shipping notification for my two orders of Max 1A from Amazon JP.

Interestingly they were both sent out today (Monday) which is supposed to be a national holiday there.  Also, the orders were placed minutes apart, but one shipped from Tokyo and the other originated from Osaka.

2 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Interestingly they were both sent out today (Monday) which is supposed to be a national holiday there.

National holidays don't mean much here, unless you're a civil servant.  I received postal deliveries this morning; a courier brought my Amazon package this afternoon; I even had university classes to teach today.

27 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

I have one on order I placed on Friday at 1999 and one I placed a order for on Sunday at Amazon.jp.  both orders went through but I have not been charged for either yet.  Why would that be you guys think?

It means they're going to cancel the orders on you and actually blacklist you from ordering again.  You sure your CC is paid up??

JK :D I find that many of these companies wait to charge you until the product is processed for shipment.  So, for example, I ordered Max direct from AJ.  I have a pending charge and suspect that I won't see it hit until it's processed for shipment.  Nothing to worry about on the AJ side.  I haven't ordered from 1999 but know that HobbySearch is reputable.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

National holidays don't mean much here, unless you're a civil servant.  I received postal deliveries this morning; a courier brought my Amazon package this afternoon; I even had university classes to teach today.

I see - that's sounds a bit like the Columbus Day over here then.