Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just placed an order with Amazon Japan, 23,628 yen shipped. I didn't want to miss out and probably wasn't going to find a better price later. Really hoping the VF-1S will be available at release also. My poor wallet, the GFFMC Char's Zaku is coming soon to BBTS and I wasn't planning on get Max.

I'm gonna keep an eye for when the VF-1S drops to see its availability on Amazon Japan. Although I have on word that another member got an extra they offered ,and a very grateful thank you! 

I am interested in seeing if just sleeping through the next PO is the better option as the VF-1A and 1S were gone and not for lack of effort, but much sleep loss and frustration that day. Ended up going to NY for the VF-1A @ 305.00 shipped seems like a crime looking at Amazon Japan prices right now.

18 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

I'm gonna keep an eye for when the VF-1S drops to see its availability on Amazon Japan. Although I have on word that another member got an extra they offered ,and a very grateful thank you! 

I am interested in seeing if just sleeping through the next PO is the better option as the VF-1A and 1S were gone and not for lack of effort, but much sleep loss and frustration that day. Ended up going to NY for the VF-1A @ 305.00 shipped seems like a crime looking at Amazon Japan prices right now.

I agree but VF-1S looks to be a bit more in demand than Max. We saw prices starting to dip on ole Max for some time now and 1S doesn’t seem to be correcting down yet where “available.” I paid for the initial markup on NY and am glad I did. If I can get a second copy at MSRP then great, but at least i’m assured a copy.

Guess it just depends on what comes next.

26 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I agree but VF-1S looks to be a bit more in demand than Max. We saw prices starting to dip on ole Max for some time now and 1S doesn’t seem to be correcting down yet where “available.” I paid for the initial markup on NY and am glad I did. If I can get a second copy at MSRP then great, but at least i’m assured a copy.

Guess it just depends on what comes next.

You guys are all probably right as to the demand. Bit even then, since I'm not a MISB collector and have been very happy with Mandrake and Jumgle that may be the route I take with future iterations.

20 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Hi, if anyone is still looking to pick one up try these two sellers on Amazon Japan. 

1171272158_DXMax.PNG.208b2430a64fe81f53b64ae8afa7437e.PNG

Looks like the prices are creeping up.  I bought mine from etoy (the first one of those) for 22,028 yen before shipping. 

If you're out there still fence sitting, I'd decide either way soon.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Looks like the prices are creeping up.  I bought mine from etoy (the first one of those) for 22,028 yen before shipping. 

If you're out there still fence sitting, I'd decide either way soon.

Those prices are including Japanese consumption tax, when you check out as an international buyer it falls off, so the price drops a bit.

11 minutes ago, totallyjem said:

Thanks for posting what sellers ship to the USA. I kept putting stuff in my cart and not being able to check out...I wish I could have also found someone with those Arcadia launch arm stands on there.

The easy way is to look for which ones have the プライム (Prime) logo next to the price. Those are the ones that are shipped by Amazon.

13 minutes ago, Foblander said:

What kind of difference were you expecting other than head and color scheme?

Neither Hacchaka nor Wotafa show the T-Bar stuff which was irritatingly and annoyingly detachable-happy on most of our Hikkie-1J.

Hacchaka did have this shot;

586bbeb6-s.jpg.5b5c85b9e849134f722bdead79d6de49.jpg

Seems like no improvements on it and still saggy when the gunpod is attached.

There are also some shots in Hacchaka-blog showing misaligned wings that some have had with their Hikkie-1J, but not sure if it's just simple mistransformation since his other shots shows them aligned.

Hacchaka also have a few new details on the Max-1A that Wotafa just didn't show or pay attention to.

I'm sure Jenius will review it better when he gets anymoon-review up soon.

2 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Hi, if anyone is still looking to pick one up try these two sellers on Amazon Japan. 

1171272158_DXMax.PNG.208b2430a64fe81f53b64ae8afa7437e.PNG

When I tried to order a 2nd Max from that first seller in your pic it gave me a “can’t ship to this address” error right at the last step of checkout, which is odd because it’s fulfilled by Amazon.  I’m in Canada so I’d imagine the same issue to the US.  Anyone else in NA try to order from these sellers?