Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just now, Digitalfiend said:

Haha, you're probably right.  But with that said, I'm sure there will be some (likely overpriced) stock available if I can't get in on a left-over/cancellation PO stock.

I must admit, I almost passed on the Max at first because it seemed a bit drab compared to the VF-1J - e.g. the chest is pretty bare; I understand why that is but it's also the reason I'm going to get the VF-1S...because more detail and well, it's generally just bad*ss looking. :)

If you are lucky enough to grab the 1S off a preorder cancellation from HLJ, CDJ, HS or maybe amiami, it won't be overpriced. Most of them will offer the initial preorder price. The reason I say maybe for amiami is I think they already raised the price on their listing for it compared to what the initial preorder price was. Still, it's just listed at MSRP, which can't be considered "overpriced". I still need to secure a 1S for myself.

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I still need to secure a 1S for myself.

I'm new to this craze and the general chaotic ordering surrounding it so have to ask, how do you guys know when to camp out at your computers?  I assume extra PO stock probably goes on sale a day or two before (or on) the release date.  I've got the VF-1S added to my wishlist on various sites but don't know if I'll get a timely notification or whether I should plan to stay up late one day in November. :)

Edited by Digitalfiend

5 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

I'm new to this craze and the general chaotic ordering surrounding it so have to ask, how do you guys know when to camp out at your computers?  I assume extra PO stock probably goes on sale a day or two before (or on) the release date.  I've got the VF-1S added to my wishlist on various sites but don't know if I'll get a timely notification or whether I should plan to stay up late one day in November. :)

This PO day for the VF-1S Hikaru has already passed (it was early June).  We don't know when the next one is yet.

If you're trying to secure one at release, we don't know the date yet (it will just be later November).  Like you're seeing with the Max, though, they kind of trickle out at various times at different vendors; there is no set time for that.  Also, the "official" release date for the Max is/was Sept.21 (in Japan).  But as you can see, several places will sell it early, even by Japanese time.  So basically a few days before the official release date, you'll want to be checking vendor sites.

29 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

Looks like you got your answers but to reiterate, regular preorders will go up at shops starting around or right at 4 pm JST on the day of opening preorders. A few sites like amiami and Hobby Search will have the listings show up shortly before they open and they usually open right on the dot. Other shops will trickle in and it is usually in the order of CDJ, HLJ within a few minutes from 4 pm and then Nippon Yasan and Anime Export will usually come up around an hour or two later. You need to have tabs open for all your options and frefresh constantly if you want to have a chance at getting an order in. If the release is a Tamashii Web Exclusive, no worries...only NY and AE will have it available and there is no rush because the orders stay open for some time. AE usually closes before Bandai's announced dtae, NY will stay open sometimes even to release day but usually around a month before release. Other option for TWE items is to use a proxy service like FRomJapan who will purchase the item for you direct from Bandai, and also charge for their service. It's pretty reasonable but I find using NY is usually chaeper and easier. TWE items are all pay up front. Normal releases are pay around release date except at AE where everything is pay up front.

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Looks like you got your answers but to reiterate, regular preorders will go up at shops starting around or right at 4 pm JST on the day of opening preorders. A few sites like amiami and Hobby Search will have the listings show up shortly before they open and they usually open right on the dot. Other shops will trickle in and it is usually in the order of CDJ, HLJ within a few minutes from 4 pm and then Nippon Yasan and Anime Export will usually come up around an hour or two later. You need to have tabs open for all your options and frefresh constantly if you want to have a chance at getting an order in. If the release is a Tamashii Web Exclusive, no worries...only NY and AE will have it available and there is no rush because the orders stay open for some time. AE usually closes before Bandai's announced dtae, NY will stay open sometimes even to release day but usually around a month before release. Other option for TWE items is to use a proxy service like FRomJapan who will purchase the item for you direct from Bandai, and also charge for their service. It's pretty reasonable but I find using NY is usually chaeper and easier. TWE items are all pay up front. Normal releases are pay around release date except at AE where everything is pay up front.

That pretty much sums up everything I’ve learned over the past year...

Well, that wasn't so bad.  Missing on the preoder for the DX VF-1A Max was a bummer, but I just placed an order with Amazon Japan without any drama or sleepless night, and I also took the opportunity to get the latest 3 Hachette 1/100 fighters to save on the overall shipping, which at about 2600 yen for DHL(?) is an exceptionally good -- nay, unbeatable insured and quick delivery -- deal for the whole lot.  Now I can rest easy. :lazy:

Eat your 27500 yen for just the DX, before exorbitant shipping, heart out Nippon-Yasan. :diablo:

19 minutes ago, Nerd-linger said:

Haven't heard anything from AMAZON Japan. I'm starting to get a little worried. I got mine on preorder night but no CC charge or shipped notice. Well at least no cancellation email so I guess that's something.

If you got the initial order sold by Amazon, doesn’t the order say “arriving sept 24-27”. If so, I wouldn’t even begin to worry about it until Oct 1. 

Edited by Slave IV

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

If you got the initial order sold by Amazon, doesn’t the order say “arriving sept 24-27”. If so, I wouldn’t even begin to worry about it until Oct 1. 

Just got my shipping notice so I guess I was getting worried for nothing. Looking forward to this one, it's my first Amazon Japan purchase.

2 minutes ago, Nerd-linger said:

Just got my shipping notice so I guess I was getting worried for nothing. Looking forward to this one, it's my first Amazon Japan purchase.

Nice! Me too. As in getting the notice. I’ve bought a few things from AJ now. 

Edited by Slave IV

22 minutes ago, Loop said:

Just decided to order a pair off of Amazon JP. I guess it wasn't that big a hassle and definitely cheaper than NY.

Which Seller did you use on AJ? I'm getting errors for trying to ship to the US.