Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

7 hours ago, neoexcaliber said:

AE has the 1A Max in stock at 24800 yen right now.

http://www.anime-export.com/product/45324

I was just on AE and was shocked to see this in stock. I jumped on it ;) haha without thinking but the site shows as in stock still. maybe not best price but seems better than crazy pre-order mark ups.

1 minute ago, HardlyNever said:

The Max VF-1A is available on amazon japan in the 22-23k yen range.

I'm holding out for somewhere like AmiAmi or HLJ, but I might just go with Amazon japan if I can't get one from one of those.

It's not available with the Amazon 1200yen international shipping however.

15 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Lucky you.  Amazon JP hasn't sent me any shipping notifications yet.  Anxiously waiting for their email.

Same here I don’t even see a charge on my cc yet. Please sweet lord baby jeebus come through amazon!!!

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

The Max VF-1A is available on amazon japan in the 22-23k yen range.

I'm holding out for somewhere like AmiAmi or HLJ, but I might just go with Amazon japan if I can't get one from one of those.

Concur.  On average, price seems to be about 5k yen cheaper than Nippon-Yassan at this time. 

I have an address in Japan, so not a huge deal to order to Amazon, but are there cheaper online retailers that actually sell it for the original MSRP.....that have it regularly in stock?

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Same here I don’t even see a charge on my cc yet. Please sweet lord baby jeebus come through amazon!!!

Right I guess you are one of those who got lucky with a late Amazon JP GK preorder window on PO day.  I sure hope they come through with the preorders, as I have no other backup options now.

48 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Right I guess you are one of those who got lucky with a late Amazon JP GK preorder window on PO day.  I sure hope they come through with the preorders, as I have no other backup options now.

I don’t recall but they are the only order I placed. 

Amazon cancelled my DX YF-19 PO so I’m always a bit nervous until I get the shipping confirmation :/

40 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Amazon raised their international shipping rate to 1600. Still the cheapest super fast shipping around though.

If I am buying a DX 1/60 then 400 yen more is nothing, but I was just about to put the F-18 that cost 2190yen in my cart. :( 

I’ve recently been rediscovering my childhood building Gundam model kits with my daughter, who is surprisingly good at building the MG and RG kits.  Macross was always my favourite though and I just found out about Bandai’s VF-1J - obviously it’s now hard to find at a reasonable price but I see Bandai is releasing a VF-1A and 1S.  I’ve never ordered direct from Japan before and was sort of leaning towards Amazon JP or Anime-export to buy a VF-1A and VF-1S; I’m not entirely sure how pre-orders are handled and, in the case of Amazon JP, which seller to pre-order through.  My concern is if you pre-order are you guaranteed a product?  I know a lot of places disable pre-orders once they’ve hit their product allotment, but what about these pre-orders from Amazon JP sellers?  Reliable?  I’d hate to pre-order and have my cash tied up for months due to shortage of product.

I guess my question is, if I want to snag a VF-1A now - which I think is releasing on the 21st..or 30th - should I go with anime-export or pay a bit more for the reliability of Amazon?   Are there any particular Amazon JP resellers you guys recommend?  Sorry, as I said, I’m new to order from Japan and there seems to be a number of things to watch out for.

Thanks so much in advance.  I’ve been watching YT videos all night on the VF-1 and it looks insanely awesome.  

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

Hikaru's VF-1S will release after this. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess although there is a Tamashii Nations event from October 25-27 where we might find out more.

Didn't that one already sell out too?

I should have worded better, sorry.

31 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

I’ve recently been rediscovering my childhood building Gundam model kits with my daughter, who is surprisingly good at building the MG and RG kits.  Macross was always my favourite though and I just found out about Bandai’s VF-1J - obviously it’s now hard to find at a reasonable price but I see Bandai is releasing a VF-1A and 1S.  I’ve never ordered direct from Japan before and was sort of leaning towards Amazon JP or Anime-export to buy a VF-1A and VF-1S; I’m not entirely sure how pre-orders are handled and, in the case of Amazon JP, which seller to pre-order through.  My concern is if you pre-order are you guaranteed a product?  I know a lot of places disable pre-orders once they’ve hit their product allotment, but what about these pre-orders from Amazon JP sellers?  Reliable?  I’d hate to pre-order and have my cash tied up for months due to shortage of product.

I guess my question is, if I want to snag a VF-1A now - which I think is releasing on the 21st..or 30th - should I go with anime-export or pay a bit more for the reliability of Amazon?   Are there any particular Amazon JP resellers you guys recommend?  Sorry, as I said, I’m new to order from Japan and there seems to be a number of things to watch out for.

Thanks so much in advance.  I’ve been watching YT videos all night on the VF-1 and it looks insanely awesome.  

Short answer is to keep an eye on this thread tomorrow and we'll post links when the 1A is available.

You may want to get ahead of the game and register accounts on the following websites ahead of time to be ready:

Hobby Link Japan

CDJapan

Hobby Search (1999.co.jp)

Anime Export

Ami Ami

Amazon Japan (Amazon.co.jp, requires a separate account from Amazon.com)

12 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Short answer is to keep an eye on this thread tomorrow and we'll post links when the 1A is available.

You may want to get ahead of the game and register accounts on the following websites ahead of time to be ready:

Thanks for the reply.  I decided to just go ahead with placing an order on anime-export.  I emailed them about availability and they confirmed they have it in stock ready to ship...so I figured what heck; now I can stop reading, researching, and watching videos!  Got my fingers crossed that all goes well...just have to wait for the shipping cost.  Looking forward to joining the money-pit club hehe :)  Just need to pre-order the VF-1S now ...

My daughter is going to freak when she sees this kit.

8 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

Thanks for the reply.  I decided to just go ahead with placing an order on anime-export.  I emailed them about availability and they confirmed they have it in stock ready to ship...so I figured what heck; now I can stop reading, researching, and watching videos!  Got my fingers crossed that all goes well...just have to wait for the shipping cost.  Looking forward to joining the money-pit club hehe :)  Just need to pre-order the VF-1S now ...

My daughter is going to freak when she sees this kit.

Oh FYI, it's not a kit. It's a fully pre-assembled and painted figure. It's also downright amazing (based on the VF-1J).

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Oh FYI, it's not a kit. It's a fully pre-assembled and painted figure. It's also downright amazing (based on the VF-1J).

Sry, didn’t mean kit... :) I’ve been building Gundam kits lately so that’s just stuck in my head.

I wonder if Bandai addressed any of the minor issues ScorchedEarth pointed out in his review?  I don’t know if Bandai makes small improvements to a product line.

One thing I couldn’t find about the VF-1A is whether it comes with a basic stand...I don’t see one in any of the pics.  Even the box doesn’t seem to show one.

11 minutes ago, neoexcaliber said:

Wow!  I guess I should have waited a few more minutes. :)  I checked that site a couple of days ago and I swear it said reservations closed...because of that I didn’t expect them to have any product once it was released.  

Edit:

...and now sold out.  

Edited by Digitalfiend

7 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

Wow!  I guess I should have waited a few more minutes. :)  I checked that site a couple of days ago and I swear it said reservations closed...because of that I didn’t expect them to have any product once it was released.  

Edit:

...and now sold out.  

lasted about 2 minutes?

3 minutes ago, Checkmate said:

lasted about 2 minutes?

Yeah about that.  I could have bought another one but then refreshed and it was sold out.  You guys are crazy...didn’t realize the demand for these toys!

On the plus side, just got my shipping tracking number from AE. Woohoo. I wonder how long AE’s “fast” shipping will take to reach Ontario, Canada.

22 hours ago, neoexcaliber said:

AE has the 1A Max in stock at 24800 yen right now.

http://www.anime-export.com/product/45324

Jumped on this about two hours ago.  Already shipped.  260.00 USD total after using economy shipping.  Not the best price but not bad at all and to have shipped it already is super nice.  Monday is a holiday in Japan. the autumnal equinox .  Some vendors won't be shipping again until Tuesday.