Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Hi. I'm new to the forum and I don't know where to introduce myself properly (I'm sorry for that) since I was 15 I was immersed in the macross universe since I saw macross the movie. and I'm very interested in learning more about this universe and sharing this hobby with others.

greetings from Chile.

Edited by Elkan_013

haha thanks, it is my first time in a forum so there are things that I still do not know very well, I would like to know how good or resistant is the plastic of this bandai figure?, A comparison of the Yamato Arcadia 1/60 and 1/48 scale.

Edited by Elkan_013

7 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

He used a translator and seems to have done a screenshot of it. That’s all. Translators don’t always translate well so it’s a little choppy.

Anyway,  @Elkan_013 Solo hablo espanol poquito pero bienvenidos! That’s all I got in Spanish. :drinks:

But it isn't a screenshot lol.  It's the actual html from the translator (you can interact with it in real time).  So... yeah, I dunno.

I originally thought it was a bot, and it might still be.  But if not, that is an impressive... thing to do.

Edit: Probably not a bot, just posted again.

@Elkan_013 No copie todo el traductor. Solo copia el texto.

Edited by HardlyNever

21 minutes ago, Elkan_013 said:

I got it. sorry for the inconvenience. 

De nada.  Hay una seccion en espanol aquí.

We generally stick to English on this part of the forum, but I don't think it is a hard and fast rule.  Anyhow, to answer to your question, the DX Chogokin uses high quality ABS plastic, and is definitely a quality piece.

That said, in my personal opinion the plastic on the Arcadia products feels slightly higher quality.  This might be personal preference rather than something objective about the material itself, but I prefer the feel of the plastic Arcadia uses over Bandai's.  But they are both good quality ABS, and you won't be disappointed with the plastic quality on the DX chogokin line, imo.

thanks. i asked this because i have gotten a vf-25f renewal and i had bad experience with this figure. i want buy a vf-1 of bandai but i really scared that something is broken. because apparently bandai does not sell spare parts.

Edited by Elkan_013

@Elkan_013 The DX VF-1J I have is very good quality, nothing like the VF-25 DX line.

I don't like the glossy finish of the VF-25 and have seen some breakage, but the DX VF-1 1/48 line is much better (well, we only have one version so far, but I guess the rest of the line will be the "same" quality).

when i see the price of this vf1 DX i said really it s a crazy i own a vf1s movie type from yamato with fast pack and special translucent part i ve never paid such a price Delta macross goes crazy too when i see price for super pack i said this world is really gone bad ...

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Most I've paid for any Valk was ~$400 (VF-11B/C, VF-0D). 

I look at the DX VF-1J and I can understand it. The prices for the VF-31A is downright ridiculous though.

May be for me the biggest one was the SDF1 1/3000

I like too my vf4 from metal-r hope that some new color will be made in future

Edited by isamu-ad

7 minutes ago, isamu-ad said:

May be for me the biggest one was the SDF1 1/3000

I like too my vf4 from metal-r hope that some new color will be made in future

The PF SDF-1 was $600+ shipped, but it's not a Valk so I conveniently ignored it.

There were prototypes shown for 3 other paint-schemes on the H-Metal R VF-4. Max, Milia, and Roy.

17 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The PF SDF-1 was $600+ shipped, but it's not a Valk so I conveniently ignored it.

There were prototypes shown for 3 other paint-schemes on the H-Metal R VF-4. Max, Milia, and Roy.

thoses one ? b2800707.jpg

Hi guys, long time lurker, first message. I'm in the process of assembling a collection of all the cool things I couldn't afford as a kid, and a nice 1/48 DX VF-1 is probably the icing of the cake. I was late for the vf-1J, and seems I've also lost the presale for the VF-1s. I know one option is to wait until the release in November and hope I can get my hands on one. Any other ideas (which do not involve paying 300$ or more?).

Thanks!!!

13 minutes ago, RojoV3r said:

Hi guys, long time lurker, first message. I'm in the process of assembling a collection of all the cool things I couldn't afford as a kid, and a nice 1/48 DX VF-1 is probably the icing of the cake. I was late for the vf-1J, and seems I've also lost the presale for the VF-1s. I know one option is to wait until the release in November and hope I can get my hands on one. Any other ideas (which do not involve paying 300$ or more?).

Thanks!!!

If you're not that picky about pilot/color, the TV Max VF-1A is due out Sept 21.  Based on current secondary market (pre-order) prices, this should be the easiest/cheapest one to get.

Other than that, yeah it's just a waiting game.  And try to score a pre-order on the next announcement (we don't know what/when yet).

2 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

If you're not that picky about pilot/color, the TV Max VF-1A is due out Sept 21.  Based on current secondary market (pre-order) prices, this should be the easiest/cheapest one to get.

Other than that, yeah it's just a waiting game.  And try to score a pre-order on the next announcement (we don't know what/when yet).

Thanks for the input, might do that. I was really following up earlier in the year for any upcoming Vf-1. My first trip to japan in February took me to Mandarake and to a rekindling of my love for all things mecha. Then after some months I sort of lost hope, and that's when I missed the VF-1S pre-release. I will pay penance for that. :sad:

1 hour ago, RojoV3r said:

Thanks!!!

Most of us can barely afford and barely secure a preorder nowadays.

You either just camp and wait the DX valks out on release-day, or pay the scalpers' ransomware pricing.

Or just give up altogether and find another hobby to afford.

It is what it is.

2 hours ago, RojoV3r said:

Thanks!!!

You can try your luck on release days for the DX’s ....else  the old 1/48 yammies might scratch an itch or two...

On 8/26/2019 at 6:32 AM, RojoV3r said:

Thanks for the input, might do that. I was really following up earlier in the year for any upcoming Vf-1. My first trip to japan in February took me to Mandarake and to a rekindling of my love for all things mecha. Then after some months I sort of lost hope, and that's when I missed the VF-1S pre-release. I will pay penance for that. :sad:

DX VF-1 is the creme de la creme

On 8/26/2019 at 7:32 AM, treatment said:

Most of us can barely afford and barely secure a preorder nowadays.

You either just camp and wait the DX valks out on release-day, or pay the scalpers' ransomware pricing.

Or just give up altogether and find another hobby to afford.

It is what it is.

I feel ya

On 8/26/2019 at 8:56 AM, seti88 said:

You can try your luck on release days for the DX’s ....else  the old 1/48 yammies might scratch an itch or two...

the arcadia 1/60 are very similar detail and have improvements over the 1/48 yammies.  the 1/60 are much cheaper and easy available than dx, and some of them come with the super/fast packs and missiles and often cost less than the DX without the packs and missiles.  You can also collect hmr which are inexpensive, but much smaller (less detailed) but also have enemy mecha and destroids.  the arcadia 1/60 is probably the best value because it is very similar to the dx (dx seems based on the yammie/arcadia design) and the yammie 1/48, but much better than the hmr.  Other brands available are kitzconcept, and Toynami, but I don't recommend Toynami.  

Edited by beatsing
spelling