Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

15 hours ago, tekering said:

Nothing new there.  Bandai's been overdoing the tampo since the DX YF-19.  <_<

I call this "Katoki-fication".  :lol:

I think ever since Katoki Hajime got involved in the Fix Figuration and Ver.Ka Gundams, it seems Bandai occasionally likes to overdo the tampo on their premium figures. I also think a bit of the blocky square-ness of this DX is a bit of Katoki influence as well (even though he wasn't actually involved). 

59 minutes ago, jenius said:

After years of very little painted on detail, I'm okay with the pendulum swinging too far the other way for a bit.

Agreed

11 hours ago, borgified said:

DX VF-1 for grabs of Manda for 35k yen [opened, package damaged and item scratched (see pics)]

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1116055602&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Christ, I can't believe the prices on these things.  I saw a BNIB one for around 2k yen less when I was in Nagaoka back in February and decided that as much as I loved Macross, I didn't need it that badly.

I pre-ordered a strike pack just to force myself to buy at least one of these things (have a few of 1/48 Yammies), but if I end up paying more than MSRP for a DX 1/48 Roy one day, it may be the last in a series of unpleasant events (7,F, D, and prices of fukking toys) that compels me to walk away from Macross altogether.

I'll either have to go be poor somewhere else, or find a better job that puts me in a position to say "Pfffft, 350 bones for a chunk of plastic that cost $25 to manufacture, why the hell not?"

Edited by peter

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

Link(s)? 

Looking at the ending/sold values on the auctions.

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?va=DX+VF-1A&vo=&ve=&auccat=0&aucminprice=&aucmaxprice=&slider=0&ei=UTF-8&f_adv=1&fr=auc_adv

Several sold for 20k, several for 23-24k, and one for 19.5k

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looking at the ending/sold values on the auctions.

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?va=DX+VF-1A&vo=&ve=&auccat=0&aucminprice=&aucmaxprice=&slider=0&ei=UTF-8&f_adv=1&fr=auc_adv

Several sold for 20k, several for 23-24k, and one for 19.5k

Yeah....still after proxy fees and shipping you are still looking at 250-300 usd....but still better than than what they spiked to immediately after the PO madness night

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yeah....still after proxy fees and shipping you are still looking at 250-300 usd....but still better than than what they spiked to immediately after the PO madness night

I main point is that the demand is dropping closer to release so for people that was not able to secure a preorder or still want a 2nd one ,  they will have more confidence in being able to get one close to msrp .  

Even with auction , for a 20,000 yen item , you can get it shipped to your proxy for around 1200 yen ,  fee can be 300 to 700 yen depending on which proxy you use .  And since this does not include a extra display stand , the shipping might even fit with Sal small packet ,  if not maybe ems for 4100 yen .   So the total can be around 24300 yen to 25600 yen shipped  with auction and proxy.

yahoo Auctions give a good indication of demand so you should be able to find it selling for similar price on mandarake, jungle, and other stores which at those places you won’t be paying domestic shipping and proxy fees 

55 minutes ago, F360 said:

I main point is that the demand is dropping closer to release so for people that was not able to secure a preorder or still want a 2nd one ,  they will have more confidence in being able to get one close to msrp .  

Even with auction , for a 20,000 yen item , you can get it shipped to your proxy for around 1200 yen ,  fee can be 300 to 700 yen depending on which proxy you use .  And since this does not include a extra display stand , the shipping might even fit with Sal small packet ,  if not maybe ems for 4100 yen .   So the total can be around 24300 yen to 25600 yen shipped  with auction and proxy.

yahoo Auctions give a good indication of demand so you should be able to find it selling for similar price on mandarake, jungle, and other stores which at those places you won’t be paying domestic shipping and proxy fees 

yep, depending on proxy used, you can get one between 250-300 USD.  Hopefully that number will keep falling as we get closer to release day.

Forgive my noob-ish questions here, but I need some help.

Will any fast/super packs work on the VF-1J Bandia DX?

I love the DX VF-1J and recently received the missle set.  I really can't afford to go all in on VF-1S, but really dig the big thrusters and armor of the fast/super packs.  I know it's not cannon with the show.

1 minute ago, spacemanspiff said:

Forgive my noob-ish questions here, but I need some help.

Will any fast/super packs work on the VF-1J Bandia DX?

I love the DX VF-1J and recently received the missle set.  I really can't afford to go all in on VF-1S, but really dig the big thrusters and armor of the fast/super packs.  I know it's not cannon with the show.

Assuming you mean the actual Bandai DX super/strike parts (not some old yamato ones), then yes, it should work on the VF-1J.

Technically no one has done it with this line, since they aren't out yet.  But it is incredibly unlikely Bandai made different attachment points/tabs for the GBP to work with the 1J, then other attachment points/tabs that only work with valks that had the super/strike parts.  Like, that would be taking it to a whole new level of scumbaggery, and it would actually cost Bandai more money to do that.  So I'd say it is very likely the super parts will work with the 1J.

On 7/15/2019 at 10:10 PM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

6.800 Yen.

Why give them ideas ;)

hopefully at this range, considering the armored parts for the vf31 is at 17k yen (although that one is a lot more complicated to make)  :(

On 7/15/2019 at 10:10 PM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

6.800 Yen.

Why give them ideas ;)

11 minutes ago, Geekz said:

hopefully at this range, considering the armored parts for the vf31 is at 17k yen (although that one is a lot more complicated to make)  :(

Sorry to burst your bubble folks....but the current 1/48 strike/super parts have already set the bottom at 8800 yen....

On 7/17/2019 at 1:28 AM, HardlyNever said:

Assuming you mean the actual Bandai DX super/strike parts (not some old yamato ones), then yes, it should work on the VF-1J.

Technically no one has done it with this line, since they aren't out yet.  But it is incredibly unlikely Bandai made different attachment points/tabs for the GBP to work with the 1J, then other attachment points/tabs that only work with valks that had the super/strike parts.  Like, that would be taking it to a whole new level of scumbaggery, and it would actually cost Bandai more money to do that.  So I'd say it is very likely the super parts will work with the 1J.

Got a chance to check it out at the Tamashii nations store in Akihabara, the attachments are exactly the same on the VF-1S and the VF-1J.

20 minutes ago, That one dude said:

Got a chance to check it out at the Tamashii nations store in Akihabara, the attachments are exactly the same on the VF-1S and the VF-1J.

Were you allowed to take pics? Bet that was a blast! I keep telling my work they need to send me to Japan.

3 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Anticipated Bandai TWE pricing: ¥20,000 :wacko:

Assuming it is, I’m willing to pay that as long that the boosters, arm and leg armors can be worn properly in Gerwalk mode. And when I say properly, it means the thigh and legs doesn’t need to be ‘straight’. :rolleyes:

I am surprised NY didn't increase the price on the 1A Max, as they did with the 1S Hikkie. NY made me pay a while back for Max's, and it was the same price as it is today. I am hopping the do Kaki, and Roy soonish. Unless they release the 1D, I think I'll be done with the line. I have been looking at Madrake's and Jungle's Yammie 1/48 TV Max and Kaki, but the prices are out of my reach for now. I should prob sell my never opened DYRL Max. I have never been a huge fan of DYRL colors, just me. Did Yamato ever do a 1/48 DYRL Max 1S? It went under my radar if the did.

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Did Yamato ever do a 1/48 DYRL Max 1S? It went under my radar if the did.

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No.

I double checked it via @jenius website Anymoon, which by the way sporting a new format. Nice! :good:

If Bandai was to make a DX Max's 1s, I can say that close to 90+% of us will jump on it in a flash (and with DRYL Supers correct?). ;)

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Can we count down to Max yet?  Maybe get him by the end of Sept if we're lucky, and he releases by mid-month? 

Maybe it's a little too soon to get excited, but I'm missing the VF-1 discussion here.

DX VF-1 is a fantastic toy...

I’m fine with Bandai taking their time. I need a few months where my CC bill doesn’t outstrip my mortgage lol