Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I painfully passing the missiles, the FP, and DX 1S Hikkie :cray:

I do have the DX 1J here, and a pre-order for DX TV Max at Nippon YAssan. They have been reliable so far, but they made me pay for Max upfront 27,000 Y, which is a crime IMHO.

I can't wait to see pics from the ones who got it though!

Edited by vlenhoff

Note sure if it is due to the camera in the pics so far, but I'm liking the cobalt-ish blue used for Max's VF-1A. It really makes the whole figure pop a bit, in an otherwise mostly plain white valk.

Yea, I'm just as confused! Listing is correct for DX Chogokin 1S. Gonna email seller to get some clarification.

Edit: seller just wanted to provide tracking info since order data on eBay disappears in 90 days. Deng got me excited lol.

Edited by canklebreaker

3 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

Yea, I'm just as confused! Listing is correct for DX Chogokin 1S. Gonna email seller to get some clarification.

Edit: seller just wanted to provide tracking info since order data on eBay disappears in 90 days. Deng got me excited lol.

I just receive shipping/tracking info for this too.

Should I be doing something? If I acknowledge this by doing nothing. Then eBay will assume that the item has really been shipped and received. That can be bad isn't it?

44 minutes ago, kkx said:

I just receive shipping/tracking info for this too.

Should I be doing something? If I acknowledge this by doing nothing. Then eBay will assume that the item has really been shipped and received. That can be bad isn't it?

Did you message him thru ebay? Take screenshots and they ought to have records of the messages.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Did you message him thru ebay? Take screenshots and they ought to have records of the messages.

ok, will keep all record of our conversation as protection. Thanks.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:16 AM, sh9000 said:

Stay strong @vlenhoff.  If you want just TV releases and you secure more of those then you’re still good to go.

Honestly, it unavailability at the correct price made it easier, and the fact that I have two of them from Yamato with armors. I bought one used a million years ago, and thats the one on display right now. Yeah, i just want the Vermilion and at least a brownie, and maybe an Elint or 1D if Bandai decides to make them.

1 hour ago, canklebreaker said:

Nice shots, what are those base and wall pieces?

Those are custom made hanger walls for Saburo by Fext Hobby (division of Fans Hobby that makes 3rd party TFs). If you want the exact version, no dice as they are not going to mass produce it.

Note: Saburo is doing product shots for them and note that he is one of the various enablers here that are among us here. :lol:

Here is Fext Hobby webpage -  https://fext-hobby.myshopify.com/

They also have a Facebook page as well if you have social media access.

13 minutes ago, borgified said:

Those are custom made hanger walls for Saburo by Fext Hobby (division of Fans Hobby that makes 3rd party TFs). If you want the exact version, no dice as they are not going to mass produce it.

Note: Saburo is doing product shots for them and note that he is one of the various enablers here that are among us here. :lol:

Great...

185AA554-97FC-44EE-A308-C14B802C7306.jpeg

13 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

Nice shots, what are those base and wall pieces?

@canklebreaker it is a custom design I created and Fext system printed for me.

11 hours ago, borgified said:

Thank you @borgified! On another note I have done a collaboration with FEXT on a sci-fi display they should be announcing soon, they shown a few pics of it already.

11 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Great...

185AA554-97FC-44EE-A308-C14B802C7306.jpeg

:lol:

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

68B7CFA3-F730-46FD-80BF-7574892426BB.jpeg.59c1a3518c0af01e449f00f40e8d8ece.jpeg

:lol:

8 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

As others said, beware of Saburo's pics!!!!

All of his nice pics are known to induce you to buy all sorts of VF's :D

@Ignacio Ocamica :lol: thus my custom forum title. 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

giphy.gif

Gerwalk. :wub:

:good:

Edited by Saburo

7 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Been out of the loop, are there apparently going to be two releases of the super/sttike pack?   NY has 2 different dates for early and late pre-orders.  December 2019 and April 2020.  I take it they are the only place around still taking pre-orders?

Story is the initial run sold out relatively quickly and they decided to make another run available but with a ~4 month later release.

Still shows available to add to cart at: https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136313 so it shouldn't be too difficult to reserve one for the April '20 run.

5 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

thanks guys, my usual go to places for TWE were NY and AE.  NY still has them AE does not.  Seems  CDJ has stopped selling TWE items.  What places am I missing (for future reference)?

Looks like Kurama Shop bandaionline.com had them last time I checked.

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

thanks guys, my usual go to places for TWE were NY and AE.  NY still has them AE does not.  Seems  CDJ has stopped selling TWE items.  What places am I missing (for future reference)?

Biginjapan is also a regular.  Fast processing ,never had a issue with them.  Price is higher but shipping is normally cheaper than N-Y

https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/22333-macross-dx-chogokin-strikesuper-parts-set-for-movie-edition-vf-1.html

5 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Whelp...I ordered two of Sci-Fi 02. Hoping it fits my DX well cuz I really didn’t pay attention to the dimensions. Otherwise, HMR will do.

I'd like to hear how it works out for you as I'm also interested in these. But I don't how many I'd need to chain together to make a large enough floor & background for 1/60 or larger photographing.