Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, theraiden said:

Who else here wishes that Bandai will come out with a DX Hikaru VF-1A with a detachable cockpit/nose that you could attach to the arm Super parts pegs on another DX.
Also would be nice to have a detachable left arm on it. 
Bandai make it happen!

Don't you mean the VF-1D?

vf1d.JPG.d4aff9ed49338481560101f9580681a5.JPG

vf1d_nosecone.JPG.9c0587d3482b59faefb53cd55a8e9873.JPG

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No worries. And no Super Arm Part needed too. ;)

Ah yes, i meant that if it could be attached to same part on the hand that you would attach a super part. So no super part needed, just use the same pegs as they would.

7 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Ah yes, i meant that if it could be attached to same part on the hand that you would attach a super part. So no super part needed, just use the same pegs as they would.

Yes. Assuming that they will copy what Yamato did on theirs by adding an attachment that will hold the cockpit/nosecone to the arm pegs. And that is, if they will make a VF-1D that has a detachable nosecone.

Edited by no3Ljm

if Bandai get around to releasing the 1D, and also implement the removable front fuselage, I imagine they'll do it similar to how Yamato did it, since T-Rex are also the designers of the DX VF-1 series (just like they were for Yamato's VF-1 series - which is why there are so many similarities between the 2).

Yamato used an adapter that connected to the removed fuselage, which then allowed it to attach the arm in the same way the FAST Pack arm armor is attached.

2 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

if Bandai get around to releasing the 1D, and also implement the removable front fuselage, I imagine they'll do it similar to how Yamato did it, since T-Rex are also the designers of the DX VF-1 series (just like they were for Yamato's VF-1 series - which is why there are so many similarities between the 2).

Yamato used an adapter that connected to the removed fuselage, which then allowed it to attach the arm in the same way the FAST Pack arm armor is attached.

Was just looking at it here: https://hlj.com/1-60-scale-vf-1d-ymt00104
Elegant solution from Yamato, hope that Bandai will copy it (if we get a VF-1D)

On 6/20/2019 at 11:10 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

Those are ammo cans, the boxes looked more like wooden ammo crates, which usually have 1000+ rounds each.

I thought about that too, but they don't appear to be toys of wooden crates, just larger cans.  The inside of the lid and the outside of the box seem to simulate the stamped steel of cans, just a larger can than what 200 rounds of 7.62 would come in.

The wood crate that I got my 7.62 in looked like this:

P3236586.JPG

IMAG0441.jpg

Granted, not all bulk/surplus 7.62 comes this way, but I do have a larger can (for explosives) from work that's very similar in design to the toy containers the RMS-1 missiles are sitting in. 

P6206809.JPG

I've also noted that they stenciling on the toys indicate 200 cartridge 7.62.  If the toy is supposed to be a replica of the larger can in the pic above, I suspect it could hold 1,000 or more rounds of 7.62.  They probably just grabbed any image of a stencil and tampo'd it on. 

Anyway, semantics, at the end of the day, it's just a toy so it doesn't really matter I guess.  Either way, it looks cool with the RMS-1 missiles in it.

P6216821.JPG

For comparison, from left to right: 

22lr, 5.56, 300blk, 6.5cm, 7.62x51, UUM-7 (1/48 scale), RMS-1(1/48 scale), 300wm (x2) 338 lapua, 50bmg, 105mm

Edited by peter

1 hour ago, eggy99 said:

I did not know T-Rex also designed the DX VF-1! Is there an article or something about it? Just curious. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I did not know T-Rex also designed the DX VF-1! Is there an article or something about it? Just curious. Thanks!

Can't recall who posted it here. Many pages back by now I imagine.

Here is the post that mentioned it first:

I wasn't able to find any Japanese articles that confirm this at all. Something on FACEBOOK, but not official either.

Might be because we learnt that the VF-31 was also designed by T-Rex.

19 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Looks like the promised "2nd wave" of strike parts is officially open, and have their own separate page from the first wave:

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136313/?_ga=2.221921112.1997559064.1561083654-1833131181.1550965968

https://tamashii.jp/item/12990/

It was officially opened last June 11.

11 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Looks like the promised "2nd wave" of strike parts is officially open, and have their own separate page from the first wave:

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136313/?_ga=2.221921112.1997559064.1561083654-1833131181.1550965968

https://tamashii.jp/item/12990/

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It was officially opened last June 11.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Stupid question, but d’you pay up front? And will CDJapan carry this, or AmiAmi?

If you're asking about the Strike parts, yes most places require either full payment or deposit (MyKombini).

N-Y

Anime-Export

Big-in-Japan

Other places are listed throughout the thread, but HLJ (did once a couple of years back), AmiAmi and CD Japan don't normally carry Tamashii Web Exclusives.

-b.

14 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

Well finally pre-ordered the strike parts from My Kombini
Still need to secure an actual 1-S Valk.
I missed it in the thread if it was posted, will there be another opportunity to order the missile set?

There are still missiles for sale but they are fairly marked up.  It's my understanding that Bandai doesn't typically re-release TWEs.  So, I would take it while you can if you want to pay the markup:
Amazon Japan (a couple Global fulfilled by Amazon):
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B07PBWQXKH/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Kurama Shop:
https://www.bandaionline.com/dx-chogokin-missile-set-for-vf-1-in-stock/

34 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

There are still missiles for sale but they are fairly marked up.  It's my understanding that Bandai doesn't typically re-release TWEs.  So, I would take it while you can if you want to pay the markup:
Amazon Japan (a couple Global fulfilled by Amazon):
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B07PBWQXKH/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Kurama Shop:
https://www.bandaionline.com/dx-chogokin-missile-set-for-vf-1-in-stock/

Thanks, I might just do that!
Silly as they retailed for like 4500yen?

Does a picture exist of the VF-1S on the base with the strike parts? In fighter mode?
I wanted to see what that extra piece in the strike parts actually does.

Edited by oshanmacross

32 minutes ago, gerwookie said:

Hmmm mykombini didn’t prompt me for half or full deposit yet for the 1s. Although I think when the strike parts went up there it did say half deposit. Anyone confirm?

that's normal for them, in my own personal experience they require 50% deposit

-b.

2 hours ago, gerwookie said:

Hmmm mykombini didn’t prompt me for half or full deposit yet for the 1s. Although I think when the strike parts went up there it did say half deposit. Anyone confirm?

Here's the general rule between regular and web exclusive item releases. Regular releases need to be paid when the item gets released and not during the preorder stage. A web exclusive items needs to be paid upon preordering it.

So in your case, your VF-1S is a regular/general release, hence MyKombini is not asking for deposit or payment for it. Only Tamashii Web Exlclusive releases such as the missile set and the SSP set are needed to pay upfront.

However, Nippon-Yasan asked for immediate payment during their 2nd batch preorder on the VF-1S with a marked up price.

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

However, Nippon-Yasan asked for immediate payment during their 2nd batch preorder on the VF-1S with a marked up price.

I can explain that one. At N-Y for regular releases that require payment upfront are part of their Proxy service similar to what they do TWE/Pbandai items.

These upfront mark up preorders are ones that they were able to secure or will secure from other stores, sites, or back of the truck.

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Love that! :blink:

yup, but make sure you open the box right there or else it might be a brick inside.  That's probably why all those dx VF-31A from N-Y have no twe brown shipper boxes. lol :D

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Here's the general rule between regular and web exclusive item releases. Regular releases need to be paid when the item gets released and not during the preorder stage. A web exclusive items needs to be paid upon preordering it.

So in your case, your VF-1S is a regular/general release, hence MyKombini is not asking for deposit or payment for it. Only Tamashii Web Exlclusive releases such as the missile set and the SSP set are needed to pay upfront.

Good to know!

みんなさん、今日は!

Hi everyone,

I just received my VF-1J Chogokin DX from Nippon-Yassan and I noticed that part of the the limited edition stand that connects to the underbody is a bit loose.

There appears to be two notches near the base of the cockpit, but the plastic connector that holds the plane doesn't seem to stay in those notches when I rotate the connector piece back so it'll catch onto the forearms. And I don't want to force it.  Any one had similar issues or been able to securely attach that piece?

All in all, I was really impressed with the NY shipment and going thru SAL got it to me in the Bay Area in 12 days from order placement to my local post office (I wasn't home for delivery).

Bandai really did a great job with this edition! Waiting for any word on the VF-1S Roy!

ありがとうございます!

Edited by VF-1J まったく

36 minutes ago, VF-1J まったく said:

みんなさん、今日は!

Hi everyone,

I just received my VF-1J Chogokin DX from Nippon-Yassan and I noticed that part of the the limited edition stand that connects to the underbody is a bit loose.

There appears to be two notches near the base of the cockpit, but the plastic connector that holds the plane doesn't seem to stay in those notches when I rotate the connector piece back so it'll catch onto the forearms. And I don't want to force it.  Any one had similar issues or been able to securely attach that piece?

All in all, I was really impressed with the NY shipment and going thru SAL got it to me in the Bay Area in 12 days from order placement to my local post office (I wasn't home for delivery).

Bandai really did a great job with this edition! Waiting for any word on the VF-1S Roy!

ありがとうございます!

まちがった、すみません。I got it to work by adjusting the position of the gun and arms to get them snug with the fuselage.

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

So, we had the 1J pre-order July 2018, 1A pre-order April 8 and the 1S on June 3. It appears that we’ll see at least see a DYRL Roy 1S, Max and Kakizaki based on Strike Parts description.

When do you all project the next one?

Your guess is as good as mine.  If they stick to the current pace as they did the with the 1A and 1S, then we may see another pre-order in early August.  Personally, I'd love to see Roy's 1S next... of course that will probably mean pre-order hell of the likes no one has seen before if that was the case.