Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

For those who ordered their DX Strike Super Parts at Anime-Export, in your order page, does the item release date says April 2020? I ordered mine June 7. Paid for it. And this is before the 2nd batch preorder was announced. And during the ordering process it wasn't mentioned that the preorder that I was doing is for the April 2020 release. Kind of dumb now because if I had only known then I should've preorder 2 for the April 2020 release instead of paying one now hoping that the 1 order I have with them will get released come December. And as their policy, they don't cancel TWE items. Oh well. :unsure:

Yes, my order status page says April 2020.  Ordered mine on 6-7-19 also.

They might all say April 2020 because that's the "new" release date.

Addendum: I say that because AE didn't have a second release order like Big in Japan, so it'll be a crap shoot if you gets yours in December or April from AE.

Luckily I ordered one set from the first wave at BiJ so I should get that one for my 1S. The other three at AE I can wait till April since those valks don't even exist yet!

BiJ second batch super parts order here: https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/22333-macross-dx-chogokin-strikesuper-parts-set-for-movie-edition-vf-1.html

Edited by Lolicon

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

They might all say April 2020 because that's the "new" release date.

Yeah, their website isn't known for it's state-of-the-art web 2.0 fanciness.  It seems that the product page is the same as the original.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

For those who ordered their DX Strike Super Parts at Anime-Export, in your order page, does the item release date says April 2020?

You could message their customer service for clarification?  I know some sites are ridiculous when it comes to asking questions about orders, but that's really the whole point of customer service, ya know?  For me, whenever I approach a question with one of the Japanese sites, I try to do it as complimentary to the store as possible without sounding like a demanding, entitled American (since I'm from the states) that is questioning their integrity.

hahaha! Just noticed my one as well April 2020 from Anime Export - damn for 2x... Order my one on June 7, LOL

Just emailed A-E and below is the response:

Hello,

you will receive it on first release.

Meaning December release I assume? *phew*

REsponse from AE

Hello,

yes, that is correct!

Edited by tjdetweiler

37 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

I ordered my Strike Parts from NY and it shows 12-31-2019.

I wonder if those who ordered from NY on the second wave show April?

15 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

you will receive it on first release.

Glad you reached out and reported! I thought that would be the case. Their website is just not robust so it’s not surprising.

16 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I wonder if those who ordered from NY on the second wave show April?

Glad you reached out and reported! I thought that would be the case. Their website is just not robust so it’s not surprising.

No worries! I would fire them and email as well just to be sure :) but atleast my report indicates should be the 1st release from A-E :)

Edited by tjdetweiler

9 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Well ain't that a kick in the teeth.

I ordered and paid on June 8th and sure enough, April 2020 for my release date as well.

-b.

Hey B. I just emailed AE earlier. Hopefully I could get a reply as well. Shoot them an email too just in case. ;)

8 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

You could message their customer service for clarification?  I know some sites are ridiculous when it comes to asking questions about orders, but that's really the whole point of customer service, ya know?  For me, whenever I approach a question with one of the Japanese sites, I try to do it as complimentary to the store as possible without sounding like a demanding, entitled American (since I'm from the states) that is questioning their integrity.

I already emailed them and just waiting for a reply. And yeah, I'm from the states too and even here everytime I reach out to any of the customer service, I always try to be nice and civil as possible even though sometimes the person at the end of the other line is rude. Also, Nippon-Yasan hasn't gotten back to me regarding my lost package since 2017 and I still email them nicely and civil for any updates. ^_^

And on a side note, NY already cleared my refund and not it shows PO payment OK again on my sole VF-1S preorder. :yahoo:

Edited by no3Ljm

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I already emailed them and just waiting for a reply.

Word.  In general, I find that our idea of polite and customer service can have subtle differences than Japanese culture in that we are an individualistic and low context culture while Japan is a collectivist and high context culture.  (Not correcting you or even suggesting that you aren't aware of this.  Really just mentioning for the community's sake because it's been a hot topic in recent weeks as to contacting various shops about our POs.  Anyone interested should just google those terms.  :good:)

And crazy that you still have a lost package from 2017 with NY!  Annnnd you still order from them?  Kudos.  Glad the VF-1S PO got ironed out.

28 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Word.  In general, I find that our idea of polite and customer service can have subtle differences than Japanese culture in that we are an individualistic and low context culture while Japan is a collectivist and high context culture.  (Not correcting you or even suggesting that you aren't aware of this.  Really just mentioning for the community's sake because it's been a hot topic in recent weeks as to contacting various shops about our POs.  Anyone interested should just google those terms.  :good:)

And crazy that you still have a lost package from 2017 with NY!  Annnnd you still order from them?  Kudos.  Glad the VF-1S PO got ironed out.

I wouldn't get too bogged down in cultural expectations, etc.  Most of these export companies are not run/staffed by a majority Japanese population.  NY in particular seems to be largely Spanish/Latin of some variety, with maybe some French workers also.  AE seems to be mostly Russian/Eastern European.  This is just based on my interactions, and some of the names I've seen come out of those companies.  They are also implicitly targeting a non-Japanese customer base.  So I'd say cultural expectations are largely out the window.

Places like Mandarake and Jungle probably have a lot more Japanese workers/work culture.

2 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I wouldn't get too bogged down in cultural expectations, etc.  Most of these export companies are not run/staffed by a majority Japanese population.  NY in particular seems to be largely Spanish/Latin of some variety, with maybe some French workers also.  AE seems to be mostly Russian/Eastern European.  This is just based on my interactions, and some of the names I've seen come out of those companies.  They are also implicitly targeting a non-Japanese customer base.  So I'd say cultural expectations are largely out the window.

Places like Mandarake and Jungle probably have a lot more Japanese workers/work culture.

Great observations.  Thanks!

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey B. I just emailed AE earlier. Hopefully I could get a reply as well. Shoot them an email too just in case. ;)

I already emailed them and just waiting for a reply. And yeah, I'm from the states too and even here everytime I reach out to any of the customer service, I always try to be nice and civil as possible even though sometimes the person at the end of the other line is rude. Also, Nippon-Yasan hasn't gotten back to me regarding my lost package since 2017 and I still email them nicely and civil for any updates. ^_^

And on a side note, NY already cleared my refund and not it shows PO payment OK again on my sole VF-1S preorder. :yahoo:

Good news on top of good news Noel. Glad AE and N-Y gave you satisfactory answers!

I'm not going to worry about the Strike Parts too much, as long as I get a brand new set I'll be happy.

-b.

6 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

No worries. And yes, I still do shop at NY. But mostly TWE stuff. To be honest, I really don't know why I'm still actually buying stuff from them. I guess, you really just have to experience both sides of the business in order to understand how both ends work during bad times -- as a customer and as a seller. That way you'll have idea how to deal with it before problem arises. ;)

36 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Good news on top of good news Noel. Glad AE and N-Y gave you satisfactory answers!

I'm not going to worry about the Strike Parts too much, as long as I get a brand new set I'll be happy.

-b.

Thanks B! Yeah, I also don't worry that much anymore regarding this line esp on how hard just by acquiring one. It's really leaving me some bad taste in the mouth. If they're not going to make a Hikaru VF-1A, I'm done with this line. For now, I'm just glad that I got to secure an order of Hikaru's 1S. ^_^

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I am happy to report that Kurasama Shop (bandaionline) came through with my DX Missile sets. They repurposed an Amazon box but it's all good. 

Same here. Received 2 sets in a repurposed amazon box haha

12 minutes ago, Christian Bastidas said:

hello how reliable is kurama shop

For the record, even though Kurama Shop is using 'bandaionline' as its store domain, it is not officially affiliated with Bandai.

Some members here purchased there some stuff from time to time. And as mentioned a few posts ago, our very own @jenius , who reviews Macross stuff via his anymoon.com website, and @spacemanoeuvres got their DX VF-1 Missile Sets from them.

Edited by no3Ljm

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

For the record, even though Kurama Shop is using 'bandaionline' as its store domain, it is not officially affiliated with Bandai.

Some members here purchased there some stuff from time to time. And as mentioned a few posts ago, our very own @jenius , who reviews Macross stuff via his anymoon.com website, and @spacemanoeuvres got their DX VF-1 Missile Sets from them.

I've gotten a few items from them (S.H. Figuarts, P-Bandai Gunpla) and have never had an issue.  They actually send you an email on Pre-Orders to verify your address before they ship your package.  Make sure your email is marking their address as spam or it may delay shipping.  I am in Canada, so I do not know if/how they ship to other countries.

10 hours ago, Christian Bastidas said:

hello how reliable is kurama shop

100% reliable in my experience. I’ve place a handful of orders with them and they haven’t let me down yet. 

Who else here wishes that Bandai will come out with a DX Hikaru VF-1A with a detachable cockpit/nose that you could attach to the arm Super parts pegs on another DX.
Also would be nice to have a detachable left arm on it. 
Bandai make it happen!