Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

21 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

What about you @nathans82 ? Any word back?

So AE cancelled the VF-1S order from yesterday and refunded me. They sent me an e-mail about it and said they would have more of the VF-1S at an undisclosed time.

The display base is awesome.....a nice pre-built Macross hanger display base has always been a dream release for me....doubt it will ever happen...Bandai even owns the Macross Factory kit molds...would be easy enough to just configure it as a snap together display piece.....;)

15 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

So AE cancelled the VF-1S order from yesterday and refunded me. They sent me an e-mail about it and said they would have more of the VF-1S at an undisclosed time.

So it wasn’t all for nothing! *refreshing of AE intensifies*

Anyone ever get NY to change their address for a paid item?

I got 4 orders with them but I didn’t change my address from moving. They’re really not helping me out here I just sent them an ultimatum by getting PayPal involved if they won’t change the address.

Does it sound like I’m sol here? 

16 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I got 4 orders with them but I didn’t change my address from moving. They’re really not helping me out here I just sent them an ultimatum by getting PayPal involved if they won’t change the address.

I did it the other week for the missile parts.  Forget what the exact steps were that I took, but it did not work the first couple of times, then I got it.   Delete the old address from your account and play around with it.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

NP, got to know how to protect yourself. That's why I rarely care about insurance for shipping. I always go with cheapest shipping and pay with CC so the money I saved can go towards insuring myself and if I have to cc can refund me worst case scenario.

So what happens if the package doesn't arrive?  Can the cc refund us?  Sorry for off topic, but this can shave a bunch of cash becuz I usually pay for the more expensive shipping (that has insurance).

2 hours ago, tjdetweiler said:

and here I thought DX Macross + option parts are expensive......

https://tamashii.jp/special/kaitai_shou_ki/?fbclid=IwAR01dkHjmnwQ-e9fIiMEuTTfB52Hocl6elaAzB0Nezp-Dl4rk-tDz4E3cJ4

*fin funnels not included*

93K yen

Sorry for the O.T.

off topic, but that looks like a custom job at a competition.  If Nu Gundam costs 93000Y, what about Sazabi?  Scalpers be all over that 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

The display base is awesome.....a nice pre-built Macross hanger display base has always been a dream release for me....doubt it will ever happen...Bandai even owns the Macross Factory kit molds...would be easy enough to just configure it as a snap together display piece.....;)

That display base can be sold separately and everyone who collects mecha would buy it.  The yammies at 1/60 would be so cool in it

28 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I don't get it. Just send a ticket with your order number or include all the order numbers, explain that you moved and provide the old and new address. Wait at least a few days for them to respond. Don't give ultimatums to people who are there to serve you and are holding your money.

6 minutes ago, beatsing said:

So what happens if the package doesn't arrive?  Can the cc refund us?  Sorry for off topic, but this can shave a bunch of cash becuz I usually pay for the more expensive shipping (that has insurance).

off topic, but that looks like a custom job at a competition.  If Nu Gundam costs 93000Y, what about Sazabi?  Scalpers be all over that 

That display base can be sold separately and everyone who collects mecha would buy it.  The yammies at 1/60 would be so cool in it

If worse comes to worse, explain what happened to the cc company and they will refund you. The cc company is there to serve you and make money off you so they will do what it takes to keep your business.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I don't get it. Just send a ticket with your order number or include all the order numbers, explain that you moved and provide the old and new address. Wait at least a few days for them to respond. Don't give ultimatums to people who are there to serve you and are holding your money.

If worse comes to worse, explain what happened to the cc company and they will refund you. The cc company is there to serve you and make money off you so they will do what it takes to keep your business.

Thanks @slave iv

4 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

Off topic, but cdjapan sold out of their rx-93. It seems they broke the street date.

They did not break street date , they just open it 3 hours earlier.  Date is still the same .    

It was actually a good move on their part since it’s a expensive item .  

10 minutes ago, F360 said:

They did not break street date , they just open it 3 hours earlier.  Date is still the same .    

It was actually a good move on their part since it’s a expensive item .  

It is ok to break the street date or I meant time? Is Bandai ok with that? The page is now gone at cd Japan.

25 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

It is ok to break the street date or I meant time? Is Bandai ok with that? The page is now gone at cd Japan.

There was never really a set time.  Some stores open early once in a while and others open later all the time . , but most stores open it at 1600 jst like all their usual Bandai items  .    Bandai also didn’t give much notice either , we didn’t even get a 24 hour notice before preorder date this time.  It almost seems like they are only making a small batch just so they can say they did it .

For cdjapan when a item is sold out , the page can disappear for awhile before reappearing.  

25 minutes ago, jenius said:

I mean, a 1/18 scale VF-1 with a full action figure pilot would be pretty cool.

What's the sizing on that?  Need a room just to display it?

Off topic but I thought that there was a mock up of 1/30ish scale with light up LEDs.  That would have cost a pretty penny but probably not as much as the Gundam.  Whoever was comparing these toys to cars, that price is getting closer.  Costs more than some car parts?

23 minutes ago, beatsing said:

What's the sizing on that?  Need a room just to display it?

Off topic but I thought that there was a mock up of 1/30ish scale with light up LEDs.  That would have cost a pretty penny but probably not as much as the Gundam.  Whoever was comparing these toys to cars, that price is getting closer.  Costs more than some car parts?

70cm high in battroid. For $800, seems do-able.

41 minutes ago, beatsing said:

70 cm That would be a centerpiece.  That's in the ballpark of those Transformers titans.

Actually, the only Transformer that big is LEWIN-01, a massively-oversized MP-10 knock-off:

prime-jpg.28071725

@Slave IV I’ve explained the them 3 times already what the situation was. I first requested them to change the address on my orders but because I paid, they won’t change the address. I asked for a refund and they state no refunds. 

I explain I no longer live there and the package would just get sent back. They would be wasting both of our time and the respond with what is essentially “tough luck”