Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Missiles came in yesterday:

IxTJ4qNl.jpg5M5FV8Xl.jpgrPqzZ1kl.jpg

A decent little set. Still a bit salty at the fact they aren't being included with the upcoming VF-1S. Ended up late to the party on this TWE set. A work of caution on the hard-points for the individually-mounted reaction missiles. Once they're fully installed into the missile, the task of prying them apart is going to be somewhere between obnoxious and impossible. Personally, I'm not sure if I care all that much; they basically function as a single piece anyway. But if you think you'll ever want to separate those missiles from their hard-points, I'd recommend either not pushing them together all the way or lightly sanding the connection point.

Edited by shogun221

48 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

From this we can conclude that they do not have 1500 strike parts to begin with, as the preorder is closed once it's sold out at Bandai website.

Question is whether N-Y ordered in bulk from Bandai. If not, everyone who ordered from them (after Bandai sold out) is screwed. Myself included. 

Edited by Jwwu

Haha, I was talking crap like I had months before I needed to buy the Strike/Super Parts. No worries, they (Bandai) already announced there would be another batch so I think it won’t be a problem and they will be available again but will see on the price. Either way, I’ll buy it faster next time, lol.

5 hours ago, Jwwu said:

Question is whether N-Y ordered in bulk from Bandai. If not, everyone who ordered from them (after Bandai sold out) is screwed. Myself included. 

I ordered my pile of Super/Strike Parts from NY in the first 24 hours NY had them posted so I am hoping that wasn't a mistake. I don't think they were even up on the Tamashii site for sale yet. Worst case I suppose they will get them to me by the time the rest of the DYRL Valks are released :P

5 hours ago, Jwwu said:

Since when has N-Y been unable to fulfill an order? Even though the 31A took a long time, they still managed to do it while other stores either weren't or only accepted a much smaller number of orders.

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, I was talking crap like I had months before I needed to buy the Strike/Super Parts. No worries, they (Bandai) already announced there would be another batch so I think it won’t be a problem and they will be available again but will see on the price. Either way, I’ll buy it faster next time, lol.

Same. Waiting for more confirmation for how long it will be after the first wave of shipping. If only the valks themselves sold out this “slowly”.

15 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I went with Anime Export this time for the Packs, hope they deliver.

I did the same for 3 sets the first hour a link came to MW. I dont want to have to many orders to NY as I understand they "wait" until all orders are gathered up to ship. Which would mean wait for Arad armor. VF-1A, then the missiles. 

Besides I havent ordered from AE so I thought now is a good time to give them a go 

Edited by Alphahorizon

2 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

2 VF-1Js available at Mandrake

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1111571707&ref=list&keyword=Macross DX&lang=en

1 for 35K, another for 28K missing an I take cover. 

Is there a separate link for the 28k listing? Can't seem to find it, unless it was already picked up...

Edit: NVM found it.

Edited by canklebreaker

We know that a few members have responded that they will making another batch of the Strike/Super parts available however but does anyone know if they mentioned anything about a reprint of the VF1 missiles?  I'm sure we'll hear something eventually, just curious if it was mentioned at the same time with the Strike/Super parts or not.

On another note, any recommendations on a good stand/base for these?  Saw that the yetistands look decent and was looking at other options too, thanks.

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I like the flightpose stands for a non-obstructive display in fighter mode. 

https://flightpose.com/

I like that they don't require display stand adapters (though that means they're a little less secure). I would recommend putting  a piece of scotch tape (sticky side toward the display stand) on top of each nub to prevent reaction of the stand with any material it would touch, some people had the stands fuse with the paint on their toy or leave a ring of discoloration. 

Official Tamashii page for the strike parts is up:

https://tamashii.jp/item/12988/?#pagetop

Basically no new information.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.  I think it is a reasonable assumption that there is at least engine detail in the FAST PACK.  Probably missile boom detail.  Maybe leg engine detail.  And the emblems are swap out plastic parts.  But why wouldn't they make that clear?  Why leave it up to speculation?

2 hours ago, gerwookie said:

Wow $135.48 shipped at nin-nin for strike/supers. Yeah I’ll wait

Yeah, I'd just wait for info on the next batch. It might be more expensive but probably not that level of expensive. Either way, I'm still not worried about it...yet, lol.

1 hour ago, Fisitron said:

Any where to get the strike parts? Or at least a release day 

release date will be updated on the month of release.  (december)

It's sold out now,

There is one on ebay if you want to try your luck

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BANDAI-DX-Chogokin-Strike-Super-Parts-Set-for-Movie-Edition-VF-1/273879456404?hash=item3fc47cda94:g:jcYAAOSwdoRc-hdZ

They kinda forced people who could to buy 4 all at once on the hope that the DYRL valks would be made... because Bandai has a very nasty habit of not making TWEs available again.  So a lot of people may end up with way more Strike Parts than they need if Bandai doesn't release any more DYRL valks or only releases one each year for the next few years. 

I think every time they make a Max valk available (either TV or DYRL) they should do a TWE release of Kakizaki the next month. For the most part, it'd be very easy to break one production run into two paint schemes... seems like a no brainer.