Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Come on Bandai I need a DX VF-1D Hikaru (and a an additional hand to hold a mini Minmay)! I believe it will be either VF-1A Hayao or VF-1S Roy before a VF-1D gets released. Hopefully, someday, they will release the DX YF-21 to go with the DX YF-19.

9 hours ago, drumondo said:

It's for sale right now: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/28386-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1-strike-super-parts-set-limited-edition.html

Seems like they're selling fast, from what I've read in this thread.

Thank you!!! Got in my order. Man this is one expensive hobby you guys are into! This forum has been a great help. Really appreciate you guys for answering all my newb questions. Got the toy I've always wanted as a kid VF-1S + Strike Pack. 

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

If you had ordered all that from Nippon-Yasan, I hope you didn't put them all in one order. If you did, you're gonna have to wait a long time before you get any of these since they will only ship the order once all items are already released/available.

Hey fellow newbies, just want to highlight this important comment. Make sure you don’t pre-order your 1S with the strike pack. Most of these places don’t split the order, including NY. So that means you won’t get them till everything is available to ship and people are estimating months after release for the strike since the first run sold out so quick. You potentially won’t get your 1S until like a year from now.

Even I made the mistake of ordering 4 of strike on NY and that could be be bad enough since history says they ship the onsie orders first.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

The VF-31A, has been the exception rather than the rule. I have ordered plenty of multiple Bandai web exclusive orders from NY over the years and had no issues receiving any of them. I did not order the 31A from them, but that is the only time I've heard of this issue with NY

8 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

The VF-31A, has been the exception rather than the rule. I have ordered plenty of multiple Bandai web exclusive orders from NY over the years and had no issues receiving any of them. I did not order the 31A from them, but that is the only time I've heard of this issue with NY

That’s great to know. Despite the markups etc. I like them a lot. I’ve been ordering stuff there recently and it’s been solid. I’m getting one missile set from them today. And I had ordered a second set with a 1A on PO night so I won’t get that till the 1A is released.

36 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

If anyone wants to hedge against their orders elsewhere, anime-export still has them available at their opening price of 9780 JPY srill

AE is HK based IiRC

http://www.anime-export.com/product/44320

Anime Export in in Japan. They're reliable but don't leave outstanding paid orders there too long. they get lost sometimes.

Slightly off topic: has there been an engineering attempt to add anime magic to the wings (besides detachable HMR shorter wings or engaging gerwalk joint) so you can bend the knee up towards the chest in battroid or kick straight out without hitting the wings?

25 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Anime Export in in Japan. They're reliable but don't leave outstanding paid orders there too long. they get lost sometimes.

Oh, right. And yeah, that has happened to me but years ago with some lost orders. Since then, I've only used AE as a backup and/or last option and have always had my items shipped soon after release. Good note of caution for sure.

I really wish people would leave these shops alone unless they actually have an issue. If you can’t trust that a store that has been well known and reliable for years to deliver an item you purchase from them then you should just shop elsewhere. It will make things easier for the shops to do their job of delivering and securing orders.

Sorry, just ranting but when I order stuff from whatever store, I place my order and leave it at that. I don’t need to check order status, delivery status and then tracking status every day and I still end up with what I ordered. If for some reason I don’t get what I want (never happened from any of these major shops discussed) or have a need to change something, then I will contact them. 

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I really wish people would leave these shops alone unless they actually have an issue. If you can’t trust that a store that has been well known and reliable for years to deliver an item you purchase from them then you should just shop elsewhere. It will make things easier for the shops to do their job of delivering and securing orders.

Sorry, just ranting but when I order stuff from whatever store, I place my order and leave it at that. I don’t need to check order status, delivery status and then tracking status every day and I still end up with what I ordered. If for some reason I don’t get what I want (never happened from any of these major shops discussed) or have a need to change something, then I will contact them. 

1) having a shop means dealing with customer inquires

2) if the shop is going to tell people they were unable to acquire stock, the person who finds out first can get their stock somewhere else before the price continues to be ratcheted up.

He's asking for like 5 minutes of work to potentially save himself $10. Yes, if everyone does it the company would need to draft a form response and it would take a few more minutes of work on their end but hardly a big deal.

7 minutes ago, Christian Bastidas said:

hello I'm from Ecuador and a fan of macross could recommend me some reliable store to get
the figures of macross de bandai and arcadia
Thank you

Hello Christian.  There is a thread and forum for where to purchase macross: 

11 minutes ago, moose said:

So maybe somebody already mentioned this but will they make the TV fast pack version also , that's the one I really need to this dyrl version. 

While not officially mentioned, I'm sure Bandai has this on their to do list. 

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

QQ peeps:  In the frenzy last Sun/Mon, I got lost on the whole AmiAmi "special" page versus where to order from.  Can someone explain it briefly so I'm prepared next time?

I know very little. Sharing just my experience:

They put up a page with the coming soon status a few hours prior to the start of PO. There is a statement on top saying this is a special page due to expected high traffic. No explanation of what so special about it.

I was on the page, and as far as I see, it never changes its status to allow PO.

The after a few minutes, I see the link to a different amiami page that you can PO posted here by a kind member.

22 minutes ago, kkx said:

I know very little. Sharing just my experience:

They put up a page with the coming soon status a few hours prior to the start of PO. There is a statement on top saying this is a special page due to expected high traffic. No explanation of what so special about it.

I was on the page, and as far as I see, it never changes its status to allow PO.

The after a few minutes, I see the link to a different amiami page that you can PO posted here by a kind member.

Ah, thanks!  I ended up on the right page at some point but in the middle of checking out I got cartjacked.

1 hour ago, moose said:

So maybe somebody already mentioned this but will they make the TV fast pack version also , that's the one I really need to this dyrl version. 

This is the only thing we know so far. Bandai revealed it thru that VF-1 spec wall display regarding Super/Strike Parts. (Bottom right shows TV Super Parts for the arms.) But when they’re going to release it or actually releasing it? The whole community doen’t know. Everyone’s guesses is as good as anyone’s.

tamashii2-35.jpg

I've been away this last week. Whats the deal with these 1/48 SSP for dx Hikaru. I'm hearing these were sold out? I see some up at NY for 9200yen. IS that a markup? What was the original price? Why is a TWE exclusive selling out in the first place?

14 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I've been away this last week. Whats the deal with these 1/48 SSP for dx Hikaru. I'm hearing these were sold out? I see some up at NY for 9200yen. IS that a markup? What was the original price? Why is a TWE exclusive selling out in the first place?

The P Bandai page shows them as sold out already. NY still had them listed at the original price... So maybe they're sold out with Bandai because NY bought them all....

15 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Original price was 8800 yen, so that's not much of a mark up really.  Link to page: https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000135484/ (I had to load this link twice for it to show - first time puts me on their global page then another tab finally loaded the correct page)

Not really sure how TWEs work as I'm just getting back into collecting.

50 minutes ago, Sandman said:

when you factor in the needed domestic shipping from TWE, then 9200 yen from N-Y is below price compare if you were to get 1 from twe directly

8800 yen + 648 yen (domestic shipping from TWE to NY) = 9448 yen  each

but we all know N-Y buys in bulk which is 6 per order this time, so 8800x6= 52800 + 648 shipping = 53448 / 6 = 8908 yen each that N-Y paids.

They earn a little, you saved a little, everyone should be happy..................:D

I ordered 4 sets of super parts 406.00 shipped to us.

these hobbies are killing me. Now watch them release armor. I didn’t shell out for any missle sets. I’ll bet they will also release the camo versions etc.

I’m gonna be homeless but at least I’ll have my valks to keep me warm at night lol

Edited by Bahamutzyro

40 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

The only thing that surprises is the thought that Bandai actually produced more than 1500 VF-1S units. :p

You never know.

Maybe they'll number 'em 1-1500, include some kind of "certificate of authenticity" thingy, and make the box like a book or something with some Hikaru drawing by somebody else other than Mikimoto.

Oh, and add a ladder, too...

:bump:

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

The only thing that surprises is the thought that Bandai actually produced more than 1500 VF-1S units. :p

Well, I’m sure they planned ahead since it can be used for 4 different valks, so maybe they make 4 x the amount as their vf-1s numbers .      Na............... this is Bandai , they probably decided to make just around the same number as their vf-1s.   Their reasoning will be switchable skull marking ,  you can save money by sharing 1 super with all your valks.

27 minutes ago, F360 said:

Well, I’m sure they planned ahead since it can be used for 4 different valks, so maybe they make 4 x the amount as their vf-1s numbers .      Na............... this is Bandai , they probably decided to make just around the same number as their vf-1s.   Their reasoning will be switchable skull marking ,  you can save money by sharing 1 super with all your valks.

Honestly, wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what they intended for people to do.  They're focused on the Japanese market, where space is at a premium.  Even if someone did manage to collect all 4 DYRL valks, odds are they might only expect them to display one at a time, in which case, one set of packs is perfectly reasonable.

Unfortunately, we have all these pesky international fans with more space to burn. :p