Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, Darth Mingus said:

Did Mykombini list on pre-order night?  or was this just additional stock?  It listed at more-or-less retail so hopefully some more stock will pop up on non-scalper sites (I'm glaring at you NY!!  :diablo:)

Without @Shizuka the Cat pre-orders chaotic. (hope you are enjoying/enjoyed your vacation).

Nope.  Just listed today.  Grr.  Most of us weren't watching it closely because they have yet to post pre-orders for the 1A (same thing happened with Play-Asia).  Blinked and you missed it this morning.

I say "don't worry guys, it's a TWE, you'll have time to place your orders.

Bandai says "Sorry, sold out."

The worst part about NY's service is that even if you placed the first order as soon as the link went live, you have no idea when they will deliver. Their 31A shipments seemed to be totally random (except that multiple orders went later... so I'm probably screwed). 

30 minutes ago, jenius said:

The worst part about NY's service is that even if you placed the first order as soon as the link went live, you have no idea when they will deliver. Their 31A shipments seemed to be totally random (except that multiple orders went later... so I'm probably screwed). 

Worse yet, your 16,000 yen pre-order attempt fails during the final stage of check-out, not because NY ran out of stock, but because they want you to pay 25,000 or 27,000 or 28,000 yen instead. 

6 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Bandai is doing the math.

"We only going to print 1200 valks each... why are people ordering 20,000 strike packs? let's help them out and put an order stop!"

Which you would think if you wanted more revenue to do the exact opposite and make more Valks.

2 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

You're not alone haha. These should fit on any VF ya?

Yes, though TV Fast Packs will likely be sold later also if that's your preference. There will be more VF-1 releases and you're bound to score one of them so getting the parts makes sense.

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yes, though TV Fast Packs will likely be sold later also if that's your preference. There will be more VF-1 releases and you're bound to score one of them so getting the parts makes sense.

May I ask what the difference between TV and this release is? I have yet to come across it in my research... :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, gerwookie said:

:( lol it seems like I can’t have some reassurance whether it’s this or nin-nin.

Yeah, all of the highly reliable sites were tapped out on PO night. I'm just hoping Play-Asia and these other less reputable sites will be able to come through for those of us who couldn't snag one at the opening bell. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I am totally new to this TWE and PO situation and trying to learn, this is a real question I hope you will not take this the wrong way.

Give what you said, is there any merit going with NY and other similar middlemen vs going with pure proxy service like FromJapan?

3 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

May I ask what the difference between TV and this release is? I have yet to come across it in my research... :rolleyes:

The TV version wouldn't have the strike cannon, would have the UN Spacy Kite symbol instead of the skull, and would be a few shades lighter and a little more grey than the Movie versions. Someone chime in if I'm missing something.

6 minutes ago, Ipsquitch said:

The TV version wouldn't have the strike cannon, would have the UN Spacy Kite symbol instead of the skull, and would be a few shades lighter and a little more grey than the Movie versions. Someone chime in if I'm missing something. 

Thanks for that. I do prefer how the skull looks and how the 1S head's visor and dual antenna look. Kinda helps me decide on which figure to settle on moving forward with this line. Definitely not a line I can complete.

1 minute ago, canklebreaker said:

Thanks for that. I do prefer how the skull looks and how the 1S head's visor and dual antenna look. Kinda helps me decide on which figure to settle on moving forward with this line. Definitely not a line I can complete.

Hope this helps too, it has some photos and links for you to check out.

9 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

I think I'll be happy with this line if I can get these first three... you get each head variant, you can put each in a different mode, and, with the strike parts, you can have the iconic DYRL pose of Hikaru's 1S before he unloads on Badolza (sp?) .

31 minutes ago, kkx said:

I am totally new to this TWE and PO situation and trying to learn, this is a real question I hope you will not take this the wrong way.

Give what you said, is there any merit going with NY and other similar middlemen vs going with pure proxy service like FromJapan?

NY or another site might be able to fill their orders via another method rather than direct from Bandai, however I'd say you have better chances if you have a proxy that managed to get an order direct with Bandai on your behalf. At that point, it's really just a question of if Bandai fulfills the order or not, rather than if the seller got enough orders in.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

23 minutes ago, kkx said:

It seems like either is a gamble at this point.

I can only give you my personal experience/opinion, so take it with the appropriate grain of salt.  Proxy services are fine, but if there is in fact a shortage, they could simply cancel your order and give you a refund.  Then you're left to your own devices to find another order.

NY on the other hand will try to source your order from other places/vendors/the ether.  Where exactly they get other stock isn't know, probably other vendors.  However they will not communicate this to you, you won't know how long you have to wait, and they will not be very responsive in the mean time.  It could take them months after release for them to fill your order. They will also probably not give you a refund, even if you ask.  At best you will get store credit, if you push them for it.  But if you're extremely patient, you'll probably get your order, eventually, at the original price you paid.

If I really wanted these parts, and I could only choose one source, I'd personally go with NY.  Just don't expect to get them in a timely manner, if there is in fact a shortage.

6 hours ago, That one dude said:

Anyone else watching Macross ga tomaranai?

They pretty much just announced that they're going to do a second run of the strike parts.

20190607_223426.jpg

Would love to watch if it only comes subtitiled. ^_^ But thanks for the great news. If they will do a second PO release for the SSP, they should also do the same with the VF-1S too. Because what's the point of opening more of the SSP when there's not enough Valk in the first place? :rolleyes: 

Oh, Bandai. I really love hating you nowadays. :aggressive:

6 hours ago, gerwookie said:

They use this channel to make actual announcements? I thought those were paid actors acting like they were interested in the hobby.

They're also not just paid to pretend they're interested in the hobby. They were also paid before to do the Delta character voices as well. ;)

2 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

1 hour ago, Ipsquitch said:

Besides, the other things that mentioned above. The Arm parts is more angled and a little bit shorter. Here's a pic from @jenius' Anymoon website.

14-Yamato-V2-Super-VF-1J-Hikaru-2-HD.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, jenius said:

So, what occurred to me here... Bandai shot themselves in the foot by making them compatible with every variant, and announcing it.  Why?  Because people are ordering ahead for every prospective release Bandai hasn't even announced yet, and even for ones they may never announce at all, because people know they're not happening again... or thought they weren't, because Bandai gonna be Bandai. :p 

CLEARLY, they are out of touch with the fanbase they are selling to, or they should have projected at minimum a production run three or four times the size of Hikaru's VF-1S, because people are going to want these for every one of the variants they included the markings for.  Or, at the very least, resellers are going to gamble on people wanting multiples, and order in bulk.

I hope this gives them a wake up call about exactly how much demand there is for these products, as well as how necessary the packs are to the VF-1, and how dedicated the fans are to replicating the iconic scenes in DYRL.  I mean, they flat out advertised the packs with Hikaru's "full salvo" pose.  They had to know the demand would be huge.  I hope this hits them hard enough that they devote a little more effort to keeping fans updated about production numbers, and actually meeting the demand they've generated.

Edited by Chronocidal

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So, what occurred to me here... Bandai shot themselves in the foot by making them compatible with every variant, and announcing it.  Why?  Because people are ordering ahead for every prospective release Bandai hasn't even announced yet, and even for ones they may never announce at all, because people know they're not happening again.

CLEARLY, they are out of touch with the fanbase they are selling to, or they should have projected at minimum a production run three or four times the size of Hikaru's VF-1S, because people are going to want these for every one of the variants they included the markings for.

I hope this gives them a wake up call about exactly how much demand there is for these products, as well as how necessary the packs are to the VF-1, and how dedicated the fans are to replicating the iconic scenes in DYRL.  I mean, they flat out advertised the packs with Hikaru's "full salvo" pose.  They had to know the demand would be huge.  I hope this hits them hard enough that they devote a little more effort to keeping fans updated about production numbers, and actually meeting the demand they've generated.

This.  Thank you for reading my mind.

It will never cease to baffle me how content Bandai always seems to be with under-producing, even for items that they have a literal pre-paid production order for.

If there's anything they need to learn from this strike pack order, it's that yes, there is a freaking boatload of demand for the DX VF-1.  If they're that concerned about over-production, then make everything a pre-order, and just manufacture exactly enough to meet demand, and be done.

Yeesh.  I get that they have other product lines that also need attention, but at the same time, I look at how a relatively tiny company like Yamato managed to produce more than enough product to satisfy demand.  I can't honestly imagine that Yamato, at any point in their existence, had a production line with greater production capability than the facilities Bandai has dedicated to Macross products.  

Maybe something about their production process is just more destructive to the molds than Yamato's was?  I'm just really tired of the "buy it now, or you'll never see it again" approach to these things, and wish they would either revisit molds more often (anything better than never would be a huge improvement), or just take pre-paid order reservations and produce to exactly meet the demand.

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

It will never cease to baffle me how content Bandai always seems to be with under-producing, even for items that they have a literal pre-paid production order for.

If there's anything they need to learn from this strike pack order, it's that yes, there is a freaking boatload of demand for the DX VF-1.  If they're that concerned about over-production, then make everything a pre-order, and just manufacture exactly enough to meet demand, and be done.

Yeesh.  I get that they have other product lines that also need attention, but at the same time, I look at how a relatively tiny company like Yamato managed to produce more than enough product to satisfy demand.  I can't honestly imagine that Yamato, at any point in their existence, had a production line with greater production capability than the facilities Bandai has dedicated to Macross products.  

Maybe something about their production process is just more destructive to the molds than Yamato's was?  I'm just really tired of the "buy it now, or you'll never see it again" approach to these things, and wish they would either revisit molds more often (anything better than never would be a huge improvement), or just take pre-paid order reservations and produce to exactly meet the demand.

If Bandai literally destroys their molds because they are freaked out from that Chinese ko guy, they already seized his inventory and warehouse and arrested him.  

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

For those who missed out on the missiles or want more, NY has it for Y12000.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/26995-dx-chogokin-missile-set-for-vf-1-limited-edition.html

For that matter, so does AJ:  https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B07PBWQXKH/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Third-party fulfilled by AJ.  Y14,980.  Shipping is Y1,200 via DHL so you get it in like 3 days to the states.  Might be overall cheaper than NY.