Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Oh man if NY didnt place their order and Bandai doesnt make another run for a while this might be another Kairos incident for them. I went to order around six from the p-bandai site and they were gone. This has happened before so they will probably make another run for the following month. 

Rant mode on:

WTF Bandai????? You are losing money!!!! You are not meeting the demand. Yes, I get it, it's better than unsold stock sitting months in a warehouse. But this DX line is proving to have a great demand.

I landed a 1J preorder at AmiAmi, but couldn't get the 1A and 1S. In my country (in South America) I have to pay 50% import taxes shipping included. So it's not fun at all to pay $100 above MSRP and then being @ss raped at customs. The Hikaru 1S which is my favorite is $380 shipped to Argentina through NY.

So now (although nobody is putting a gun in my head) I have to preorder the Strike Packs at NY just in case I don't miss the preorder, and hope the Kairos scenario won't happen again. And I don't have a 1S yet.

Again, WTF Bandai????

Really miss the smooth PO days. Lancers Sentinel cyclone was a breeze to preorder.

Rant mode off :angry:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

This is insane.

Scalpers are already showing up on Yahoo.jp auctions.  It looks like a run on the Strike parts has occurred.  I put an order into NY.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by Jwwu

Ordered a few at NY.  I kind of want to order from at least 1 more vendor, just to diversify my source.

This line is getting absolutely ridiculous.  Glad to hear they will probably do another run of SS parts.

Why not do another run of valks, while they're at it?! :fool:

1 minute ago, gerwookie said:

They use this channel to make actual announcements? I thought those were paid actors acting like they were interested in the hobby.

When Chucks Siegfried came out Macross ga tomaranai was the second place they announced it after the bakuon live viewing. Once in a while you get some good info.

Granted i can't vouch for their interest lol.

6 minutes ago, Saviant said:

So do they require prepay or deposit? I haven’t used them before. It looks like I have an order with them but was not prompted to pay?

Thanks. Now how do I cancel from nin-nin. Looks like just do a chargeback thru paypal and my credit card, but will probably get blacklisted/banned?

edit: ah I see cancellation policy only for store credit. Hmmmm. mykombini never put max up for sale so I wasn’t ready for them.

Edited by gerwookie

1 hour ago, That one dude said:

Anyone else watching Macross ga tomaranai?

They pretty much just announced that they're going to do a second run of the strike parts.

20190607_223426.jpg

Dude you just saved MWForums from having a complete meltdown..:good:

Nippon Y has the strike packs in stock right now.

for some reason they made me pay right now even though they are on preorder for “Pay later”

Edited by 007-vf1

I am just not meant to get a 1S at MSRP or close to it. haha.  I keep missing out barely.  I'm glad I ordered a markup one at NY but it's a matter of how long it'll take to get it because they seem to sell waaay after there should be stock.  The Strike Parts are a perfect example.  I ordered them yesterday, but wonder how many they secured from the first run and are obviously banking on the second as they are still available for preorder on the site today.  Crazy to me.

8 minutes ago, 007-vf1 said:

Nippon Y has the strike packs in stock right now.

I don't think they are really in stock.  I think they are just really good at hunting down quantity as needed.  @Tenbatsu was showing like 1500 stock "available" to sell.  I don't know how that's even possible.  1500/6 = 250 separate orders they would've needed to get on p-bandai.  That would be 250 separate mail addresses, right?  And Lord knows how many they sold in the last 24 hours prior.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

Normally option parts have a higher per account order but I guess this time it’s down to 6 per account.   The missiles were like 24 per account.   

Similar to TWE MB Gundams , the first batch can be sold out in hours , but it normally follow up with a announcement of a 2nd batch within a couple of days , and if that still gets sold out fast , they will even announce a 3rd batch .  

22 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Funny bandai didn’t do that for the 31A..so it didn’t sell out as much?

It sold very slowly, lasted months and then a big burst of orders which ended the preorder just weeks before the official cut off dead .  

Edited by F360

The strike parts could very well be the next VF-31A Kairos.  Where people have orders pretty early on in the order window (day 2, day 3) and still don't see their product until months after release.

But I still think something else happened with the 31A, beyond just high demand.  We'll see how it plays out.

41 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I am just not meant to get a 1S at MSRP or close to it. haha.  I keep missing out barely.  I'm glad I ordered a markup one at NY but it's a matter of how long it'll take to get it because they seem to sell waaay after there should be stock.  The Strike Parts are a perfect example.  I ordered them yesterday, but wonder how many they secured from the first run and are obviously banking on the second as they are still available for preorder on the site today.  Crazy to me.

The banking-on-securing-later-but-somehow-still-at-a-profit-for-them part makes me uneasy as well. We take it on good faith as a consumer but as others have said, PO’s have been canceled before or unable to be fulfilled or much later.

This is not unprecedented.  When the MB Strike Gundam was announced, the TWE add-on (the Mobius Zero thing, not sure what it was called) sold out in a matter of hours.  I think NY and other proxies screwed themselves by starting the pre-order window a day early.  I am guessing that unless you got your order in the first few hours, you will probably have to wait for the re-issue to get yours.  NY also seems to prioritize the single orders over the multiples, at least that was what the consensus was for the VF-31A.

NY always charges up-front for TWE, but the way their site is designed makes it easy to miss, especially if you are ordering in a hurry.  "Pay Later Available" and "Pay Later Not Available" do not look all that different in the bright red box they put on their order page.

2 hours ago, Saviant said:

Did Mykombini list on pre-order night?  or was this just additional stock?  It listed at more-or-less retail so hopefully some more stock will pop up on non-scalper sites (I'm glaring at you NY!!  :diablo:)

Without @Shizuka the Cat pre-orders chaotic. (hope you are enjoying/enjoyed your vacation).