Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 hours ago, lykiat said:

What the.......didnt expect the super/strike parts to be so expensive!

I think the parts were not cheap with the yammies, about half the cost of the valk v2, so the pricing seems about there.  MW Gurus can tell you more.

7 hours ago, Atomski said:

Little did I realize Bandai would force me to do some soul searching… over preordering toys.

A few years back I had to sell my entire collection before moving to the west coast, only got back into collecting the last couple of years. What has been fantastic is that much of what I had sold has been reissued (Arcadia's SDF-1 as an example) and often with improvements or remade better than previously done (Masterpiece Optimus Prime).

I had begun to recollect Valkyries obviously as well. When Bandai announced they where doing the new 1/48th scale series I was overjoyed. A chance to rebuild the collection bigger and better than before. But with the way Bandai has been handling these preorders has been a nightmare. 

And now I have to decide how many I am getting from DYRL now to buys  strike parts... UGH. Can't help but wonder would I be better off buying used Yamato and Arcadia releases instead?

Bandai, why you make this so hard? :)

It's not just Bandai, it's also the scalpers.  As another MWer said, these are luxuries, and nobody needs them.  We all want them.  But the preorder and scalping has gotten so bad.  It's funny it hasn't hit the news like Eva did.  

Yammies are still good.  I've kept mine.  I got to handle a DX1j, and it feels more solid (heavy legs) and tweaks all around compared to the lightweight of the Yammie.  I don't handle m 1/48 as often as other MWer's, so mine is still pretty tight, no loose parts, even though it doesn't have the improvements of the 1/60.  None of the parts hang down and posed next to the DX, it looks pretty cool in battroid and fighter.  In gerwalk, the DX has the A stance that is more angled, like the 1/60, compared to the 1/48.  One downside of the Dx is the bar that transfers the legs is in 2 parts, connected by a plastic piece that comes off.  The yammie has one piece and is perfect transformation whether 1/48 or 1/60.  The Dx can convert without disconnecting the part, but the weight of the legs might cause stress on the plastic, so it separates.  

Buy a dx and a yammie, you'll enjoy both (budget allowing), or you can stick with the same line if you like consistent molds. 

I collect different molds of the same mecha.  I put them side by side and they look pretty cool.  If I can get my hands on a VF1S, I can put it beside my yammie 1/48 and 1/60s.  

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

I have always thought that they would be circular parts with the skull emblems printed on one (or both) side(s), that has a groove of some sort around the edges so that they stay in place when inserted in the side of the booster packs. 

I think they might put a peg or a few posts to plug it in.  

@canklebreaker, I hear your frustration.  I missed on the PA too, it was in the middle of the night.  I didn't even know they sold these things.  It is very frustrating.  But  Drobo shared the link.  Thanks @drobo 

58 minutes ago, Bolt said:

If the NHK survey is anything to go by,  I would guess Roy’s VF-1S would be next.It was actually #5 while Hikaru’s was #6..And Hikaru’s VF-1J was #10. Of course Bandai released the 1J well before the survey. But I’m sure they have a clue what’s popular.

Then again, who says Bandai cares about the NHK survey..B))

What is this NHK survey you speak of?

24 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

What is this NHK survey you speak of?

Just so you know, it's not a survey for what figure is coming out. It's more of what's famous in which category within the said anime. 

Edited by no3Ljm

What's the next DS VF-1 release?? It's anyone's guess really.

So far we got the 1J (Hikaru), 1A (Max) and 1S (Hikaru).. All we can guesstimate that either M&M's 1J, Kakizaki/Hikaru's 1A, Roy's 1S, 1D, VE or VT will be up next and the new boodbath/crap show/cart jacking/spinning wheel of death/website crashes will be repeated again. 

I'm really hoping Roy is an exclusive like the HMR, just to avoid the mad dash.. heck, I'd be okay with all of them being exclusives, just so long as Bandai doesn't pull another 31A on everyone.

It's anyone's guess which one is actually next, but we at least know they intend to make DYRL Roy, Max, and Kakizaki.  If we get a VF-1D and VT-1, I'll be thrilled, but I'm going to try and limit myself to ten of these, and sell of duplicates of my Yamatos to help fund them.

My dream lineup right now is basically Hikaru's 1J, Max's 1A, DYRL Hikaru, Roy, and Max 1Ss (Max will probably be a 1A judging by the strike pack ad), a DYRL brownie 1A, VF-1D, and VT-1, with one final set of M&Ms.  I'm thinking I might give my brother the normal Arcadia releases for Christmas this year, since I have the original Yamato ones and the PF Arcadias.  I've made it a point to pick up every matched pair of theirs I can, all the way back to the Joke Machines. :lol:

I'm waiting until we get the final "parts included" photo before pulling the trigger on the strike packs though.  I'm curious if the panels might be double sided. 

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

I think the parts were not cheap with the yammies, about half the cost of the valk v2, so the pricing seems about there.  MW Gurus can tell you more.

It's not just Bandai, it's also the scalpers.  As another MWer said, these are luxuries, and nobody needs them.  We all want them.  But the preorder and scalping has gotten so bad.  It's funny it hasn't hit the news like Eva did.  

Yammies are still good.  I've kept mine.  I got to handle a DX1j, and it feels more solid (heavy legs) and tweaks all around compared to the lightweight of the Yammie.  I don't handle m 1/48 as often as other MWer's, so mine is still pretty tight, no loose parts, even though it doesn't have the improvements of the 1/60.  None of the parts hang down and posed next to the DX, it looks pretty cool in battroid and fighter.  In gerwalk, the DX has the A stance that is more angled, like the 1/60, compared to the 1/48.  One downside of the Dx is the bar that transfers the legs is in 2 parts, connected by a plastic piece that comes off.  The yammie has one piece and is perfect transformation whether 1/48 or 1/60.  The Dx can convert without disconnecting the part, but the weight of the legs might cause stress on the plastic, so it separates.  

Buy a dx and a yammie, you'll enjoy both (budget allowing), or you can stick with the same line if you like consistent molds. 

I collect different molds of the same mecha.  I put them side by side and they look pretty cool.  If I can get my hands on a VF1S, I can put it beside my yammie 1/48 and 1/60s.  

I think they might put a peg or a few posts to plug it in.  

@canklebreaker, I hear your frustration.  I missed on the PA too, it was in the middle of the night.  I didn't even know they sold these things.  It is very frustrating.  But  Drobo shared the link.  Thanks @drobo 

Glad to help

31 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm waiting until we get the final "parts included" photo before pulling the trigger on the strike packs though.  I'm curious if the panels might be double sided. 

I'm just assuming that f the Skull Marking Part is double-sided then it's going to look awkward to have that internal mechanism option for the booster packs. You can't display with the internal mechanism showing without the inner portion of the circle marking part a little bit exposed.

I ordered 4x strike/super part sets from NY. Just enough to cover a squadron of 4 (Roy, Hikaru, Max and Hazi).  Came out to 44,100 JPY so about $102 USD/set shipped with EMS

I might order just a couple of extra down the pre order window road just in case. IIRC, the Yamato 1/48 fast packs were never really too hard to come by at decent prices, but the Yamato 1/60 standalone fast packs have always been hard to find after the fact. I would assume the DX set will be more like the Yamato since its most likely a one and done run - at least for these DYRL versions

Edited by Valkyrie23

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm just assuming that f the Skull Marking Part is double-sided then it's going to look awkward to have that internal mechanism option for the booster packs. You can't display with the internal mechanism showing without the inner portion of the circle marking part a little bit exposed.

It can very well be double sided.. red front, black back,, blue front, green back., x2 = 4 total parts

their item description list:

・ Strike pack set 
 ・ Scull mark parts 4 
 ・ HMMP-02 Micro missile pod (left) 
 ・ Base attachment for fighter

5 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

I ordered 4x strike/super part sets from NY. Just enough to cover a squadron of 4 (Roy, Hikaru, Max and Hazi).  Came out to 44,100 JPY so about $102 USD/set shipped with EMS

I might order just a couple of extra down the pre order window road just in case. IIRC, the Yamato 1/48 fast packs were never really too hard to come by at decent prices, but the Yamato 1/60 fast packs have always been hard to find after the fact. I would assume the DX set will be more like the Yamato since its most likely a one and done run - at least for these DYRL versions

you know what would be crazy?

we all misinterpreted the translation and everyone lands multiple  perma tampo'd hikaru strike packs. 

2 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

you know what would be crazy?

we all misinterpreted the translation and everyone lands multiple  perma tampo'd hikaru strike packs. 

That would be HILARIOUS :D

But that would make them easier to find afterwards since people would have spare sets to unload. More custom fodder lol

23 hours ago, F360 said:

as long as it's not event exclusive or lottery.  :p

Now that is something that Bandai would pull, event exclusive and/or lottery release.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Seeing that there's no Red Skull marking with 011, would that mean Bandai might release Hikaru's VF-1A bundled with Super Parts? Which in that process will omit the Strike Cannon in the bundle. In other words, if ever Bandai is going to release a Max VF-1S, I don't think they will release a separate pack for it with a Blue Skull with 001 designation, right? Since it wasn't shown in the DYRL movie. However, since Max's VF-1S heatshield was painted in black in the movie, I think you can use Roy's Black Skull 001 marking for it.

What do you guys think?

I had posted earlier about the lack of 011.  Maybe the 011 Skull emblem will be included with the release of the DYRL VF-1A Hikaru release or like you said it will be bundled release.  Just as long as @F360 said its not an Event Exclusive or Lottery release.

9 hours ago, lykiat said:

What the.......didnt expect the super/strike parts to be so expensive!

Wasn't unexpected as the VF-31 super parts also cost as much. 

9 hours ago, nathans82 said:

Ordered 2 Super/Strike Sets from NY. They were the cheapest and had the best shipping options. I really wish AE would just put the shipping amounts in an order so you can know how much shipping would be.

That's because when you buy from AE, it all goes into a private warehouse, where you can stockpile stuff indefinitely and ship everything altogether to save on shipping costs. It's why I like buying my exclusives from them. 

They could add a shipping calculator for those who want to ship it immediately, but they probably won't spend the money for a site overhaul. 

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Wasn't unexpected as the VF-31 super parts also cost as much. 

That's because when you buy from AE, it all goes into a private warehouse, where you can stockpile stuff indefinitely and ship everything altogether to save on shipping costs. It's why I like buying my exclusives from them. 

They could add a shipping calculator for those who want to ship it immediately, but they probably won't spend the money for a site overhaul. 

They do have a shipping calculator,

for items that's out just scroll down and you will see it, you can get the Packed Weight from items detail and enter that weight, choose country  then click view shipping cost

a-e.JPG.929ece236230e224aa7dadca7bf3fad2.JPG

For items that's not out, they wont have item weight or packed weight so you will need to make a good guess . 

enter that est weight, choose country  then click view shipping cost

I would say a good guess for weight of the Packed weight with shipping box for 1 super is 1000g

Here are the est prices, and please add 410 yen on SAL small packed and Air for tracking

2119875306_a-e2.JPG.71ba096bf2fb8d80fc813822fcb4cae6.JPG

I would beware of stockpiling orders at AE indefinitely. They basically lost a couple of valks for me, never refunded me and stopped responding to my emails about it. Perhaps I waited too long, but my orders are still showing as outstanding on the site and they won't fulfill them. I've given up trying to message them about it.

They have been good on other orders since. But i basically use them as a last resort and I always ship immediately.

Edited by Valkyrie23

18 minutes ago, F360 said:

They do have a shipping calculator,

for items that's out just scroll down and you will see it, you can get the Packed Weight from items detail and enter that weight, choose country  then click view shipping cost

a-e.JPG.929ece236230e224aa7dadca7bf3fad2.JPG

For items that's not out, they wont have item weight or packed weight so you will need to make a good guess . 

enter that est weight, choose country  then click view shipping cost

I would say a good guess for weight of the Packed weight with shipping box for 1 super is 1000g

Here are the est prices, and please add 410 yen on SAL small packed and Air for tracking

2119875306_a-e2.JPG.71ba096bf2fb8d80fc813822fcb4cae6.JPG

Oh yeah they do have a calculator lol

God it's been ages since I bothered shipping anything from them without stockpiling for months. 

15 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

I would beware of stockpiling orders at AE indefinitely. They basically lost a couple of valks for me, never refunded me and stopped responding to my emails about it. Perhaps I waited too long, but my orders are still showing as outstanding on the site and they won't fulfill them. I've given up trying to message them about it.

They have been good on other orders since. But i basically use them as a last resort and I always ship immediately.

In a case like this, I would have my CC company refund my money and then use a different one if I ever wanted to buy from them again (probably wouldn't want to, lol).

24 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

In a case like this, I would have my CC company refund my money and then use a different one if I ever wanted to buy from them again (probably wouldn't want to, lol).

Yup, that is why I have only used them only during desperate PO times. Such as an impulse VF-31A order, and POs for the Chuck 31 and DX Max VF-1A. All extreme examples, haha. But, just wanted to warn people to be careful when stockpiling orders at AE for an extended period of time is all. Other than those orders, they have always been fine. Maybe their system is just screwed beyond a certain number of days. All of my other piles of orders (HLJ, BBTS) I have never had an issue with.

Edited by Valkyrie23

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I'm late to the conversation but @canklebreaker, I did not see that post as someone rubbing it in to you. They were just simply stating that they contemplated getting one but decided to pass. Honestly, I don't remember seeing a post specifically from you asking anyone to help you get one so you can't expect evoryone here to be on the lookout to buy figures they don't want just to help others. Sure, if you ask someone specifically and that person responds that they will try to help you, which happens often, and then that person comes on to say they could have helped you but didn't, that would be a dick move but that's not what happened.

Thanks @Slave IV.

21 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

Yup, that is why I have only used them only during desperate PO times. Such as an impulse VF-31A order, and POs for the Chuck 31 and DX Max VF-1A. All extreme examples, haha. But, just wanted to warn people to be careful when stockpiling orders at AE for an extended period of time is all. Other than those orders, they have always been fine. Maybe their system is just screwed beyond a certain number of days. All of my other piles of orders (HLJ, BBTS) I have never had an issue with.

Oh man, that sucks! I have had things there for well over a year and no problems. How long did you say (if you did) your stuff sat there?

Just now, sh9000 said:

Thanks @Slave IV.

No problem! You are well known to go out of your way to help people here so I didn't want @canklebreaker to get the wrong idea.