Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Well @canklebreakerstick around for a while. Become a regular. But please understand for someone like me....I had an account back in 2002-2003ish...left until DEC last year. I lost my previous account. and from my personal experience, I was treated with open arms upon my return, and under a new name. It just takes a little consideration. ie...How would you want to be treated, is how you should proceed with treating others unless they show otherwise.

I do not in any way fault your frustration and I myself wanted to buy 2 copies of the VF-1S only to sell another to someone here. I didn't even get 1 myself. I only want 1 for a display piece. Not to keep in a locked dungeon away from all harmful elements. But some here do. And more power to them.  And what I have found out over the last 6 months of being back, many will eventually size down their collection and sell the second piece for less then what you would get it on the open market.

I just woke up and looks like this "Web Exclusive" is already going into overdrive with price increases (am I wrong?) I see NY at 97.00 but also see previous posts stating 78.00 or so. I could be wrong. Grrr...welp. If what I have read is correct.......it shouldn't be as hard to get these.

Totally, I’m not asking for a hand out or anything. I spent time during my honeymoon trying to score during the PO window and struck out too.

I’ll pick up an armor set as well in the hopes of getting a 1S.

Regarding the eBay seller who sold it for $250 bumped his prices to $290.

Edited by canklebreaker

Ack, placed an order for strike parts at NY but PayPal payment wouldn’t go through. 

It showed up as cancelled so I placed another order. An hour later both went through lol wtf

Submitted a ticket for a refund. Hopefully they don’t try to give me store credit. 

I don't blame @canklebreaker for being frustrated about not getting one, I have been trying since Monday to get one but with my dog, being so sick and passing away I have been devastated and hadn't been had any time to even try to get one. I was chasing it and hopefully a VF-1A or VF-1D as they are the only ones I am interested in, but I accept I have missed it and honestly not sad about it.

I dont blame @canklebreakerin the slightest. The whole process is frustrating. I am quit amazed at those here who even managed to score any copy. I wonder if the distance of being in the center region of America played into the lag of seeing "Sold Out" when I got to PayPal...or even to some of the sites.

Also, who here has ordered from Anime Export before?  placed my first for 3 Fast Packs. I paid for the items but not the shipping, I think? Anyone that could provide insight I would be greatly appreciative.

NVM after taking a second to check, it appears that they don't charge for shipping until it is ready...Is that correct? THX MW

Edited by Alphahorizon

1 hour ago, Ipsquitch said:

Haha Just finished fixing my toilet at 5am, then see this. Totally worth it. Thanks for the heads up!

Lol

I went to the bathroom and I saw the pre-order was up. Actually, I was on the toilet.

Glad I was able to help out.

I hope more people on this board got one.

10 minutes ago, Toonz said:

how many sets did you guys order?

I ordered 4 so I can have 1 of each emblem on display. 

...who am I kidding I don’t have room for any of this stuff. They will probably never even get opened :o 

1 hour ago, Saviant said:

I don't blame @canklebreaker for being frustrated about not getting one, I have been trying since Monday to get one but with my dog, being so sick and passing away I have been devastated and hadn't been had any time to even try to get one. I was chasing it and hopefully a VF-1A or VF-1D as they are the only ones I am interested in, but I accept I have missed it and honestly not sad about it.

Man sorry to hear about your dog, can’t imagine the pain. Stay up.

And thanks for understanding fellas, I understand how the game works, I’m into sneakers too and it’s the same way. You win some you lose some, but so far I’ve only been losing with this line. Being that this is my first time collecting Macross, it sucks more I suppose. I transitioned from Transformers MPs and other collectibles.

Edited by canklebreaker

2 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

Word, appreciate bro. Just sayin how I’ve seen several members (including myself) asking for help multiple times but don’t get any unless you’re an OG or soemthin.

I thought people posting links was pretty nice already IMO...

Edit: I also just jumped into the hobby and it’s pretty unwelcoming. The hobby, NOT the community.

Edited by gerwookie
Clarification

4 minutes ago, gerwookie said:

I thought people posting links was pretty nice already IMO...

Edit: I also just jumped into the hobby and it’s pretty unwelcoming. The hobby, NOT the community.

I agree it is. And as @canklebreakerstated , which I myself was unaware of, that this hobby is like sneaker purchases I guess. I do not collect those. But I myself am done with this for a bit, at least at the rate I was going. 4k spent in the last 3 months to "catch up" on MW. Now I want to dedicate my resources (outside of the normal releases incoming) to my display cases for these beautiful Valks. I have experience modeling and am thinking of pulling the trigger on an inexpensive 3D printer to try to learn it, and work on making 3D printed panels to fit the detolf shelves. Cityscapes to me are easy enough with all of the existing model (think N scale/G Scale) but I am interested in working towards making an interior of the SDF-1 Hangar. I am actually surprised (or maybe I don't know exactly where to look) that this type of thing hasn't been done already

I know this is outside of the topic, but if anyone has any insight PM me.

2 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

I just woke up and looks like this "Web Exclusive" is already going into overdrive with price increases (am I wrong?) I see NY at 97.00 but also see previous posts stating 78.00 or so. I could be wrong. Grrr...welp. If what I have read is correct.......it shouldn't be as hard to get these.

This is pretty normal for web exclusives.  From my experience, they are usually higher than msrp.  You gotta pay extra for that stress free ordering process lol.

6 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

This is pretty normal for web exclusives.  From my experience, they are usually higher than msrp.  You gotta pay extra for that stress free ordering process lol.

THX for the information @sumyumgoy. I ordered 3 from AE. First time order with them. I see that they didn't charge me for shipping yet. May or may not order more in the coming weeks.

5 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

THX for the information @sumyumgoy. I ordered 3 from AE. First time order with them. I see that they didn't charge me for shipping yet. May or may not order more in the coming weeks.

sure thing...I'm still deciding on how many to get myself lol but I think 3 is a good number.  I might try Big in Japan this time.

Little did I realize Bandai would force me to do some soul searching… over preordering toys.

A few years back I had to sell my entire collection before moving to the west coast, only got back into collecting the last couple of years. What has been fantastic is that much of what I had sold has been reissued (Arcadia's SDF-1 as an example) and often with improvements or remade better than previously done (Masterpiece Optimus Prime).

I had begun to recollect Valkyries obviously as well. When Bandai announced they where doing the new 1/48th scale series I was overjoyed. A chance to rebuild the collection bigger and better than before. But with the way Bandai has been handling these preorders has been a nightmare. 

And now I have to decide how many I am getting from DYRL now to buys  strike parts... UGH. Can't help but wonder would I be better off buying used Yamato and Arcadia releases instead?

Bandai, why you make this so hard? :)

Ordered 2 Super/Strike Sets from NY. They were the cheapest and had the best shipping options. I really wish AE would just put the shipping amounts in an order so you can know how much shipping would be.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I had enough time to buy it but skipped it.  My focus is strong.  Only need TV Roy and TV Kakizaki to finish.

All I want is a 1/48 Roy as well.

7 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I think i'm going to skip DYRL and stick with TV super packs and TV Roy 1S as well.

No announcements for Roy yet right?  Wondering if I should pre-order the packs first.  Chirst, the price on these things are outrageous.....amazon.co.jp is listing the Hikaru for 37,370 yen right now.

Wow...catching up from last night..

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

It's also the middle of the night in the States, where many members hail from.

Honestly, this is why I just paid the initial markup from NY on PO night.  I don't have the bandwidth to be up like a 3rd shift every night hawkeye-ing each site to see if pre-orders open again.  I landed a 1A on PO night, and didn't land a 1S.  Win some/Lose some.

But, I can appreciate those that either don't want to pay the markup or can't for whatever reason.