Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

47 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Thanks bud!

Quick question, I know that POs are live tomorrow, already ask proxy if they can order, would they be able to order it for me when it goes live?

Or do I have to send them a link when the item goes live?

Yeah, would anyone share what proxy service is willing to do this?
I usually use Celga or Buyee but never ordered a pre-order item from either.

Edited by oshanmacross

32 minutes ago, F360 said:

I see that as a reason for Bandai to release a all in one DYRL VF-1A hikaru super/strike combo set later..  

16 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Silly idea, but not entirely impossible: what if the red skull mark pieces are double sided, and one side is 011 and the other 001??

@F360 and @rdrunner, or the Hikaru VF-1A release will include the 011 emblems?  Now that would be nice Bandai.  :lol:

19 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Thanks bud!

Quick question, I know that POs are live tomorrow, already ask proxy if they can order, would they be able to order it for me when it goes live?

That will depend on the proxy and the person at the proxy that is handling your request.   Sometime they will be right on it, and sometimes they do it hours later, or even when they come back to work the next day.   Just be sure to make the request and the payment before the preorder start time and hope for the best.  You will get the refund notice email if they can't get it for you within a 16 hours

23 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

Guys, there is probably no need for concern or rush, most Macross exclusives have enjoyed at least month long purchase windows

What Jenius said. You have time. No rush at all. I purchased Missiles in Feb or Apr for preorder at MSRP for example.

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

Guys, there is probably no need for concern or rush, most Macross exclusives have enjoyed at least month long purchase windows.

I agree. The preorder window is usually weeks or even months long, right? No need to rush. 

We may still be reeling from the pain of the 1S preorder night, and the worry may have spilled over to the TWE preorder. 

26 minutes ago, F360 said:

Only like 3-4 dollars more...

Edited by oshanmacross

Aha!  Glad to see they're doing the sensible thing, but it also indicates what sets they might release in the future.  Judging by this, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't see a Max 1S or Hikaru 1A... which I'm actually perfectly fine with, since I don't really need duplicate schemes, even with different heads.  Would be really quick work to re-label the Max or Hikaru ones with alternate numbers though, assuming they don't turn out to be double sided.

In terms of Max's 1S though.. it really wouldn't surprise me if Bandai ignored the markings for that one since we never saw his 1S with packs.

The nice thing about this is that even if you only order two sets, that means you'll have a bunch of spare roundels to repaint in custom colors or markings.  I'm thinking of all the assorted super-packed brownies you see in DYRL.  I'm either getting four or five sets, depending on whether I really feel like getting Kakizaki, so that will give me a ton of spare emblems to mess with.

The important take-away from this announcement though is that if you want strike packs for any future potential releases, buy them now.  Odds are we won't see them again for other versions, since they're giving you all the options up-front.

Edited by Chronocidal

So will need 5....1 X for Roy -1S....1 X for Max -1A...1 X for Kakizaki -1A...1 X for Hikaru -1S...1 x for CF -1A ...

Hoping they bring back the combo set for the VF-1A Hikaru...they have to get you on that special 013 SSP! 

Also, a combo set for the CF-1A with a UN Spacy kite emblem (and some other non-skull squadron emblems!) would be acceptable...then the fifth SSP set would just be a spare...

Well, at least you'll only need 2 TV Super Pack armor sets...one for the TV Cf -1A and one for the TV VF-1S.....the TV Max and Milia -1J's will be combo sets...

giphy.gif

And then we can start figuring out exactly how many GBP sets we will need to buy once most of the VF-1's have been released...:drinks:

14 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Buying parts in advance for valks you don’t have yet. Bandai you had better make those other valks TWE too!! Grrrr...

otherwise why buy parts for something hard to preorder ...

Look on the bright side.  Once the packs are released, and those other valks hit the market, you'll probably be able to sell those spare packs for the going rate of the valk itself. ^_^ 

Also, I've really got no intention of waiting for TV parts.  I'll probably get a pair of those when they arrive, but since every set will come with four sets of marking panels, I'm going to have plenty of spares to repaint with the kite logo, or any other squadron I could possibly want.

I lost faith in this line, tbh. The way things are going, people will get fed up and forget about this. I don't care about fast packs, or missiles now. I just want my vermilion at this point, and I don't even know if that will even happen. Sorry, I don't mean to be negative.

Edited by vlenhoff

So... they good and all, but are there removable engine covers?  Missile covers?

I'm not a huge fan of the gimmick but at this scale and price, they kind of need to have every gimmick you can reasonably imagine.  Even the HMR boosters have removable engine covers.

Has anyone seen any photo evidence of that?

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Is there any description that says what the different markings are made of? Are they stickers or interchangeable plastic panels? Panels would be sweet!

The katakana stated "Skull Mark Parts", no mentioning it's stickers or panels thou. And there's no diecast for this set.

Edited by Tenbatsu

FromJapan quoted 8800 yen for charge 1

Can't find any information about domestic shipping cost.

I have shopped (non-auction) via FromJapan from Rakuten and there is no payment or plan fee it seems. And I can't find any info about plan fee or payment fee for TWE item.

Anyway, I will wait for NY page to come up and see who I will go with.

18 minutes ago, kkx said:

FromJapan quoted 8800 yen for charge 1

Can't find any information about domestic shipping cost.

I have shopped (non-auction) via FromJapan from Rakuten and there is no payment or plan fee it seems. And I can't find any info about plan fee or payment fee for TWE item.

Anyway, I will wait for NY page to come up and see who I will go with.

You can also do a search on google “Fromjapan fees”. 

http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/sp/notice/en/

there’s 2 plans 

300 yen plan is just straight forwarding, they will order for you , it does not cover if the items gets to them defective , lost in transit , missing pieces , seller ships you a bootleg , etc ,  pretty much they “help you order and when it gets to their warehouse they will then ship it out “

700 yen plan is their full coverage plan , they will check with seller , item will be quickly inspected (not open) , will help with possible replacement or full refund if damage, it will also cover insurance on international shipping but you will need to pick one that will doo full coverage like fedex or ems.

680 yen for domestic shipping for p-Bandai 

200 yen payment fee will be added if you are not paying with creditcard.

And then what ever international shipping service you choose.

so if you just want 1 super with full coverage, it will be

8800 for the item 

700 for the plan

680 for the domestic shipping 

200 for the payment fee 

= 10380 yen for the item  before international shipping cost .

16 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

not happy. there's no macross kite emblems,

what is this, macross??? or pirates...

I just now noticed that. I guess that means if you want a Kite emblem you'll have to wait for the official TV style Fast Pack sets. 

So you know what that means: 

Image result for mo money gif