Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Depending on what Tatsunoko decides to do late 2021 or early 2022, there is a possibility of reissues.  As of now, no one knows what's going to happen.  So buy now?  Wait?  You need to decide for yourself.

I must be incredibly lucky to be able to grab one from amiami last night..

I was traveling and happened to be at Beijing airport for transfer flight with really bad free wifi. I had to surf via VPN to get to amiami site. Tough luck, I should say!

7 minutes ago, kyekye said:

I must be incredibly lucky to be able to grab one from amiami last night..

I was traveling and happened to be at Beijing airport for transfer flight with really bad free wifi. I had to surf via VPN to get to amiami site. Tough luck, I should say!

Wow extremely lucky indeed. Most probably someone letting go of their preorders.

46 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

Just got cart jacked at NY at this point of time..... Great.... 

That is crazy.  I can't believe it sold out at the inflated price.  Still, I'm sure they'll have more soon at a slightly more inflated price.

47 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

I conceded defeat and order from NY at 27K Yen. Not a big fan of NY but alas still cheaper than 38k Yen asking price on Amazon JP.

Here’s to hoping NY doesn’t screw me over.

4 minutes ago, Kanzaki said:

I conceded defeat and order from NY at 27K Yen. Not a big fan of NY but alas still cheaper than 38k Yen asking price on Amazon JP.

Here’s to hoping NY doesn’t screw me over.

I'm in the same boat. Just pulled the trigger at NY for the same price (Y29.900 after shipping >_<) Also hoping this all works out. 

Very grateful for the link, Valkyrie 23. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Tenbatsu said:

Wow, another 40+ units at NY. They are really good at procuring, I think they have sold at least a thousand VF-1S.

Anybody here getting a VF-31A vibe with that? 

Hope they can fulfill with the Strike-Hikaru.

lol!

Are they charging up front with these?  The exchange-rate is currently really lousy to be paying imports these days.

Anyway, with N-Y somehow being able to get more units to scalp offer, I like to be optimistic and say Hikky-1S stocks will be aplenty by release-date time.

:bump:

3 hours ago, Tenbatsu said:

Wow, another 40+ units at NY. They are really good at procuring, I think they have sold at least a thousand VF-1S.

I don't think they procure all of those.  I think they "sell" how ever many they think they will be able to get their hands on later, and just bet that they can get it cheaper than what they are selling it for.  VF-31A fiasco seems to indicate they sell more than they are alotted then they have to scramble to find stock from other retailers.  Even though the VF-1S is available from them right now, after the VF-31A, I'm reluctant to put a preorder in there.

I don't mind paying up front, but I dislike that they will only refund store credit if they aren't able to meet their end of the bargain.  And there is no timeline for when they have to meet their end of the bargain.  You could get your VF-1S 2 years later and they will consider that they have fullfilled their obligation.

Edited by SpaceCowboy

Just now, Powered Convoy said:

For someone who missed out on the Missile preorder, what would be the best place to try to get it at this point?

Thanks in advance.

I decided late and just bought them off Amazon.jp. It's was about $90 shipped, and I got them in just a few days. I figured it wasn't much of a markup if you look at the cost of 3 day shipping.

4 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

I don't think they procure all of those.  I think they "sale" how ever many they think they will be able to get their hands on later, and just bet that they can get it cheaper than what they are selling it for.  VF-31A fiasco seems to indicate they sale more than they are alotted then they have to scramble to find stock from other retailers.  Even though the VF-1S is available from them right now, after the VF-31A, I'm reluctant to put a preorder in there.

I don't mind paying up front, but I dislike that they will only refund store credit if they aren't able to meet their end of the bargain.  And there is no timeline for when they have to meet their end of the bargain.  You could get your VF-1S 2 years later and they will consider that they have fullfilled their obligation.

I wondered the same thing. Which leads me to this line of thinking... Let's assume they do expect to source the late orders from "somewhere", but it's not a guarantee they can get this extra stock. From a money standpoint, wouldn't it be in their best interest to screw over those that pre-ordered and didn't pay upfront if that stock doesn't come through? They fulfill the orders of those who paid the highest prices up front, let's say the current 27000 yen, then, after fulfilling all orders they can, they store credit anybody who paid less upfront (the 25k-ers), and finally either cancel unpaid pre-orders, or make them wait forever until they can procure stock. Technically, all of these are pre-orders, and nothing I can find says they will honor orders on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scary thought.

4 minutes ago, Ipsquitch said:

wouldn't it be in their best interest to screw over those that pre-ordered and didn't pay upfront if that stock doesn't come through?

Absolutely, which is why I and many others were surprised they actually came through (after a loooooong wait in many cases) with 31A orders.

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

Absolutely, which is why I and many others were surprised they actually came through (after a loooooong wait in many cases) with 31A orders.

The big difference there is that the price never changed during the pre-order period, if I remember correctly. There was no monetary reason to fulfill later orders first.

1 minute ago, Ipsquitch said:

The big difference there is that the price never changed during the pre-order period, if I remember correctly. There was no monetary reason to fulfill later orders first.

I'm not talking about order of fulfillment, but rather that they fulfilled the orders at all.

Re NY:  I think they raise the price incrementally during the preorder phase to account for the difficulty in obtaining the item once it is released.  So every "wave" they do, they just assume it will cost them more to obtain the same item.  This also might explain why it can take so long to fulfill a difficult to get item.  They are only willing to take so much of a loss before they decide to just wait for the price to go down.

For fulfillment, from the VF-31A debacle, it does kind of look like a first come first serve, but it also looks like they try to fulfill all singles first, earliest orders first, then all doubles, earliest orders first.

Edited by SpaceCowboy

On 6/3/2019 at 10:26 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

I've had NY double-charge me before. Got them to reverse the charge, however turns out they also cancelled the order (so I was only charged once, but no longer had an order in). 

Once I contacted them a second time, they put my order back in, still one charge, and I got my stuff.

So contact them, but keep track of what they do.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:23 AM, MikeRoz said:

This happened to me, also during the first markup window, but I cancelled the order after getting the PayPal error four or five times. The order appeared cancelled in my order history. Then I put in an entirely new order which went through with no trouble the first time.

Then an hour later PayPal told me I'd paid N-Y again, and in my order history my cancelled order had been resurrected. So now I have two coming at 25,800 when I only wanted one. Don't want to get blacklisted by trying to cancel. Not sure what to do.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:45 AM, Rein+ said:

Contact them immediately for case like this as this is a serious issue. You can submit a ticket then use their live chat to get their attention, this has happen to me too and it won't take long for them to refund you. 

Thanks guys. I haven't contact NY yet. But so far, I'm still in the clear since the one error transaction is still pending on my CC website. But from my Paypal app it was already gone. And from what my CC company states on their website, I can't dispute yet any pending transaction within 5 days until it gets posted in their system. But the one that got thru it was already posted charged. Hopefully it will stay that way so that I don't need to contact them. Coz it is really very frustrating to contact NY customer service for any problems. And just so everyone knows, I'm still using NY from time to time but they haven't given me any refund nor store credit for my lost Y9000+ package since 2017 and I'm only asking for the Y6000 SAL insurance. And hadn't respond yet to my follow-up ticket last week about it. Just saying.

7 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Any news on the VF-1 fast packs? Hadn’t seen a product detail pop up on the tamashii site yet. 

Wasnt it up for pre-order later this week? Regular release (madness) or exclusive?

We will definitely see it in their P-Bandai site in the next day or two. After all, it's already the 6th there in Japan. I'm pretty sure they will make the page live a day before the 7th. ;)

28 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

For all the the things that's been said about Japan's online shops posted here in MacrossWorld, I think NIPPON-YASAN really really deserves to have its own thread. :rolleyes:

Lol! Okay I'm done complaining in this thread and concur.

November is still a long way away. I look forward to seeing what happens when the TV Max 1A comes out. Will there be extra stock? Will all the preorders ship out without a problem? It might make a good study for how November will play out also. I feel like Bandai is crazy if they haven't made at least twice as many Hikaru VF-1S in comparison to Max's TV-1A toys.

So I'm new to TWE items and never had the pleasure of placing an order before.  I wanna get the super parts on 6/7. 

Sorry if this question has been beaten to death but where's the best place to order from (price and reputation)?

3 minutes ago, dafob said:

So I'm new to TWE items and never had the pleasure of placing an order before.  I wanna get the super parts on 6/7. 

Sorry if this question has been beaten to death but where's the best place to order from (price and reputation)?

I would and will go with NY. And I'll wait a few months before I place my order because I know I can and it will be all good. Pretty much the only other choice is Anime Export unless you want to go through a specific proxy service.